Uber difficulty trophy

When Googling this I'm getting mixed replies. If I want to get the platinum trophy I have to play the game on Uber difficulty. Is it enough to replay all chapters on Uber (meaning you keep all perks and upgrades you earned on an easier playthrough) or do I have to start a new playthrough (this resets all chapter progress, upgrades and perks, is the message I see on screen)?

I know of the glitch where you only play the last chapter on Uber, but I have a digital copy so that's not possible.

Please indicate how sure you are of your answer. Did you try it?

I'm pretty sure you can do this with your carried over perks but to be honest i wouldn't worry too much either way. I did my first playthrough on Uber and there were only 2 challenging bits really. In the sub when you fall from the vent into a room of guys and the last boss had me retrying 4-5 times each.

When Googling this I'm getting mixed replies. If I want to get the platinum trophy I have to play the game on Uber difficulty. Is it enough to replay all chapters on Uber (meaning you keep all perks and upgrades you earned on an easier playthrough) or do I have to start a new playthrough (this resets all chapter progress, upgrades and perks, is the message I see on screen)?

I know of the glitch where you only play the last chapter on Uber, but I have a digital copy so that's not possible.

Please indicate how sure you are of your answer. Did you try it?

Personally i played through on Uber first time and as pskid mentioned theres only a few hard parts. I can't confirm if chapter select works, however I can confirm that if you have unlocked the various special modes such as 999 mode etc, you can play through on uber with the selected 'cheat mode' on and stilll attain the trophy.

According to this website it has been patched.

As for doing a new playthrough: first off, I suck a shooters, so what may be easy for you guys will be hard as balls for me ;)

Second, I'm a bit anal about doing this kind of stuff using one char instead of multiple. OCD and all that.

Thanks for the replies so far.

first finish the game. than delete the game not the save date re-instal the game but cancel the patch. just put the patch on pause mode.

play the game. select the final chapter and do it on uber. finish the mission and the trophy is yours. p.s sorry bad english

I don't think that's possible with a digital game, as the user states in his OP. I believe digital purchases come pre-patched. :(

Edited by Adycakes

first finish the game. than delete the game not the save date re-instal the game but cancel the patch. just put the patch on pause mode.

play the game. select the final chapter and do it on uber. finish the mission and the trophy is yours. p.s sorry bad english

Nope, not possible with a digital copy AFAIK, although I might try playing the last mission just to see if it works.

P.s. Je Engels is goed genoeg ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The glitch like with all glitches (Uncharted 4 speed run and crushing) example for this only works with disc based games, digital copies come pre-patched and update files cannot be deleted as once downloaded are stored in total with the game itself. You would have to play though the whole game on Uber normally to get the trophy. 

• 3 months later...

Information in the trophy guide and this thread is not correct.
It is still possible to get 'Über hero' trophy by playing only the last chapter on Über difficulty even if you have a pre-patched digital version of the game.
The trick is that you need to play the last chapter while your PS4 is offline.

This is how I got the trophy:

• finished first 15 chapters on normal
  • then went offline and did last chapter on Über using chapter select

Did this with NA digital version of the game which comes pre-patched to 1.01.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, robert_unique said:

It is still possible to get 'Über hero' trophy by playing only the last chapter on Über difficulty even if you have a pre-patched digital version of the game.

Hmm, why would online status matter?

15 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Hmm, why would online status matter?

Not sure why but it does (you can read more about it on forum of playstationtrophies - this is where I found the information).

The game does keep some kind of online leaderboard which allows you to compare your game completion percentage with friends.

This is I guess somehow tied to the condition which determines if you will get a trophy or not.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, robert_unique said:

So.... this confirmed still works?

Does your status have to be set to offline or do you have to BE offline?

1 hour ago, The_Apex_Badger said:

So.... this confirmed still works?

Does your status have to be set to offline or do you have to BE offline?

I was actually offline.

If you just set your status to 'Appear Offline' you are still online but only appear to be offline to your friends.

You can try changing only your status, but my guess is that this will not suffice.

• 2 months later...

I just got this trophy today on July 13 2017 when I downloaded the NA digital version of the game and then went offline and played the whole game offline and then I switched to Uber for the final chapter using chapter select.

Edited by avatar5123

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To anyone wondering, I have a digital copy with all the patches installed, and I still managed to get the Uber trophy by playing only the last level on Uber. I simply went offline, fired up the game, selected Chapter 16 from chapter select, completed it and that's it.