KingGuy420

Strafe confirmed for PS4

22 posts in this topic

I saw there wasn't a thread about this yet so I figured I would start one.

STRAFE® is the fastest, bloodiest, deadliest, most adjective-abusing, action-packed first-person shooter of 1996. Featuring breathtaking photorealistic graphics and persistent gore that allows you to paint levels red with the excessive entrails of your enemies.

This game looks like it's going to be a ton of fun. An old school Doom clone with rogue-like progression. Sign me up.

That game looks amazing :holy: 

defo on my wishlist 

Really looking forward to this game, it sort of gives a Quake 2 vibe and I was so hype back in the days when it was announced!

I'm hearing the PS4 version doesn't run all that well. Crashes and frame drops. Can anyone confirm this? I kinda want to play this, but I don't feel like spending 20 bucks if I have to wait for patches...

4 hours ago, Such-A-Goonie said:

I'm hearing the PS4 version doesn't run all that well. Crashes and frame drops. Can anyone confirm this? I kinda want to play this, but I don't feel like spending 20 bucks if I have to wait for patches...

the framerate is terrible in most of the game and at the end of level one its so bad i had a hard time playing the game. how that got through the testing phase is anyones guess.

had one crash back to dashboard

Anyone know if this game emphasizes unlockables as a major part of the roguelike elements? Seems interesting but I find these games can become stale without unlockables making runs/going for different objectives seem meaningful.

22 minutes ago, ultravioletblade said:

the framerate is terrible in most of the game and at the end of level one its so bad i had a hard time playing the game. how that got through the testing phase is anyones guess.

had one crash back to dashboard

actually even on the gameplay video, the game already showing some noticeable framedrops all over the place.

3 minutes ago, Normalcy1 said:

Anyone know if this game emphasizes unlockables as a major part of the roguelike elements? Seems interesting but I find these games can become stale without unlockables making runs/going for different objectives seem meaningful.

no it doesn't

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll wait until the game's been patched. Shame, because I really wanted to play it. Then again, HOLY CRAP is Prey awesome! I'll just play that for now. :-)

The game gotta lot framedrop even in menus.

Need a patch ASAP.

On 5/10/2017 at 9:11 PM, Such-A-Goonie said:

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll wait until the game's been patched. Shame, because I really wanted to play it. Then again, HOLY CRAP is Prey awesome! I'll just play that for now. :-)

It's been patched for PC, PS4 shouldn't  be far off.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye out for this one. 😀

Received the patch today on my PS4.

I'll try tomorrow, and give back some news.

Enemies still don't make noise when walking, but the lag at the end of the level is still there, sounds are better too

11 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Enemies still don't make noise when walking, but the lag at the end of the level is still there, sounds are better too

thank you for sharing my video! :-)

the frame rates and input lag are now improved universally throughout the game, although the lag at the end of a level is still there its far better than it was [you can atleast now navigate through the room! ]

the loading times in survival mode [murder house] mid level when more enemies turn up is still there; this can get a little bad if your in mid attack / jump / strafe as the whole game stops for a fraction of a second. not sure if they will ever sort this out though

29 minutes ago, ultravioletblade said:

thank you for sharing my video! :-)

the frame rates and input lag are now improved universally throughout the game, although the lag at the end of a level is still there its far better than it was [you can atleast now navigate through the room! ]

the loading times in survival mode [murder house] mid level when more enemies turn up is still there; this can get a little bad if your in mid attack / jump / strafe as the whole game stops for a fraction of a second. not sure if they will ever sort this out though

Hey! No worries! I was watching it, and thought it would be a good idea to show it here!

I would have mentioned your name, but wasn't actually too sure if you frequented this site, sorry about that.

Taken from the official Strafe twitter account last Friday: Testing the PS4 patch this weekend! It includes PS4 specific fixes & the first 3 PC patches. Aiming for sometime next week if all goes well.

Well, platinumed Prey in the mean time... how is Strafe's performance nowadays? :-)

It's on sale in EU today. Is it worth getting or is it still a mess? Only 2 platinum achievers worry me a bit...

at the moment Murder Zone is almost unplayable because of the frame rates.

the main game is better than it was on release, but, nothing amazing really, it still feels unresponsive mainly i think because of the 30fps

its your money, but, if i knew what i do now about the game i would stay clear.

theres a massive patch coming in december, maybe that will fix a few things, or just give us more content im not sure

Edited by ultravioletblade

the patch is now live [1.05] and the frame rate is much improved, new enemies, you can now save your progress at the end of a level.

this now feels like a finished game