New Year's Contest 2017 - Winners Announced + Feedback Requested

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats with the trophy :yay: .

Ty ty! 

Though I haven't got the trophy yet! Don't jinx me! :P

I hope to have it tomorrowish. Then I can take a deep sigh of relief. 

People are right it's not that hard of a trophy, the lines add up relatively fast. I probably would have got it on my first playthrough if I wasn't on easy. 

Though If someone doesn't like the battle system I could imagine it being pretty daunting

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

Ty ty! 

Though I haven't got the trophy yet! Don't jinx me! :P

I hope to have it tomorrowish. Then I can take a deep sigh of relief. 

People are right it's not that hard of a trophy, the lines add up relatively fast. I probably would have got it on my first playthrough if I wasn't on easy. 

Though If someone doesn't like the battle system I could imagine it being pretty daunting

Ah ok, I thought you got it.

Don't be like me and raise Rise's social link too fast, IIRC if she gets above 5 she'll no longer say about 20-30 lines.

Finished Final Fantasy XIII-3 for 161.48 points bringing my total up to 334.91 :)

I probably could have blasted through it faster than I did but it's not like you can just turn off RPG OCD. You can hunt down most of the monsters to the point of extinction? Gotta kill them all! This game was sitting on my shelf for the better part of a year so I'm glad I got around to knocking it out. So thanks for that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

Finished Final Fantasy XIII-3 for 161.48 points bringing my total up to 334.91 :)

I probably could have blasted through it faster than I did but it's not like you can just turn off RPG OCD. You can hunt down most of the monsters to the point of extinction? Gotta kill them all! This game was sitting on my shelf for the better part of a year so I'm glad I got around to knocking it out. So thanks for that.

Congrats :yay: .

I did that too, go RPG OCD :highfive: .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Continuing on with FF13 and wonder if I could finish before the event ends. Hmmm...I don't think so!

Are you at chapter 13? It's a lot of grinding but it is possible. Get that neochu down asap with vanilles death spell! Same with Adamantoise at the beginning of farming. 

That's essentially all there has to be done I think that's daunting. All the damn toise farming. 

22 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

I probably could have blasted through it faster than I did but it's not like you can just turn off RPG OCD. 

Congrats! 

I know this too well. Even on my second playthrough of P4Golden I'm doing stuff I don't have to. I want the costumes... So sue me! Lol

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ah ok, I thought you got it.

Don't be like me and raise Rise's social link too fast, IIRC if she gets above 5 she'll no longer say about 20-30 lines.

Yup I've thoroughly read multiple guides, she's not getting slink lvled till much later lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

I finished FFXV last night. It's at 22.86% and a 2x multiplier. That brings my tentative total to 485.8 points.

Nice, congrats :yay: .

2 hours ago, Rach said:

I think I'm on track to get Kingdom Hearts done by the end of the event - all depends on how my Proud run and Gummi Ship stuff goes.

Good luck, the gummi ship missions are easy if you look up a video about builds for each mission.

8 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I think it only took me a week, depending on how much you put time in. 

You can do it! :highfive:

I took a break for about 18 months after finishing chapter 13 :lol: .

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ya I beat the game, then about the same amount of time revisted and played it all over again. Couldn't use my previous save because I didn't get all items :facepalm:

It's ok I actually enjoyed the game, just wish the lore was more in game than in the Ultimania book :(

21 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya I beat the game, then about the same amount of time revisted and played it all over again. Couldn't use my previous save because I didn't get all items :facepalm:

It's ok I actually enjoyed the game, just wish the lore was more in game than in the Ultimania book :(

What Ultimania book?

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

What Ultimania book?

The ones only in Japanese :(

Every FF is in an Ultimania book, or multiple games, or multiple books. 

Like Ultimania Omega

If only they'd translate them I'd buy every one. 

Apparently FFVII has a translated version, but a lot of the lore and story is already in the game(the golden years of FF had most everything in game imo, I can only think of a few things in FFVIII and IX, and nothing that would make you go "ahhh so that's what's going on that I would never have known!!! Damn!"). 

So we're stuck learning Japanese, taking only the bits that have been translated, or hope they get it that they'll make a good amount of money imo if they did translate all of the released ones(including FFXV which has plenty to say as well) 

20 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

The ones only in Japanese :(

Every FF is in an Ultimania book, or multiple games, or multiple books. 

Like Ultimania Omega

If only they'd translate them I'd buy every one. 

Apparently FFVII has a translated version, but a lot of the lore and story is already in the game(the golden years of FF had most everything in game imo, I can only think of a few things in FFVIII and IX, and nothing that would make you go "ahhh so that's what's going on that I would never have known!!! Damn!"). 

So we're stuck learning Japanese, taking only the bits that have been translated, or hope they get it that they'll make a good amount of money imo if they did translate all of the released ones(including FFXV which has plenty to say as well) 

Never heard of that before, but it sucks that lots of lore is sold separately.

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats :yay: .

3 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Well, I'll try that's for sure! Had to speed read the story through the dialogue. I think I was still confused for 6 chapters though. I hated that they used l'Cie twice for two different factions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, I'll try that's for sure! Had to speed read the story through the dialogue. I think I was still confused for 6 chapters though. I hated that they used l'Cie twice for two different factions.

At one point in XIII-3 Lightning says to Hope "now you're just making stuff up!" which pretty much summed up my sentiments towards the story of the whole trilogy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I hated that they used l'Cie twice for two different factions.

Ya depending on the god lol, it took me a while as well. Especially they rarely bring up the gods, let alone the maker(another god), or the other god from ffxiii-2. 

Ya not a whole lot in game lol

22 minutes ago, Omar said:

I know I said I was only going for one honorary platinum, but I just made it two, and this new one is Ultra Rare! Really proud of it ^_^ 

1L1cf012.png

Congrats! :yay: Looks like a fun game to play!

Finished Dust: An Elysian Tails. I thought the game was overhyped, but it's a remarkable game made by a independent developer. I loved playing the game from start to end.

EDIT:

Updated Score 

642.5 + (Playstation All Stars Battle Royale) 83.81 + (Dust: An Elysian Tail) 90.32 = 816.63

Just a week left before the competition ends, and since I have assignments submission(s) coming up, I hope that's enough to sustain till the next weekend.

Edited by azlanslayer
  • Like 1

:| I guess it is time for me to put an update:|

Unravel - 18.58% = 81.42 pts.

Apotheon - 6.71% = 93.29 pts.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 17.78% = 82.22 pts.

in total of... 256.93. Woohoo! thought I will not make it to 200 pts. :3

jiiii~ Tales of Graces f could've given me 278.61 (7.13%...92.87 *3) :P