New Year's Contest 2017 - Winners Announced + Feedback Requested

7 minutes ago, azlanslayer said:

Congrats! :yay: Looks like a fun game to play!

Finished Dust: An Elysian Tails. I thought the game was overhyped, but it's a remarkable game made by a independent developer. I loved playing the game from start to end.

Thanks, it's certainly a blast! And congrats on beating Dust, loved that one ^_^ 

Hmm that's the thing, some games we should eliminate the first speed runner. Other games I feel like we need to eliminate all speed runs, like visual novels. It's a shame because they don't get the full(or even a quarter) beauty of the games. 

17 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, I'll try that's for sure! Had to speed read the story through the dialogue. I think I was still confused for 6 chapters though. I hated that they used l'Cie twice for two different factions.

Yeah me too, I didn't get into the story until chapter 9 :| .

13 hours ago, ericperez18 said:

Does the platinum for Superstars V8 Racing counts for my points? Cause the top 7 fastest achievers (who have the platinum in less than 5 hours) clearly hacked the trophies.

ericperez18.png

Took a look at those profiles and it seems they have multiple hacked games and the fastest time on the EU list is 7+ hours, so yeah it counts.

8 hours ago, Omar said:

I know I said I was only going for one honorary platinum, but I just made it two, and this new one is Ultra Rare! Really proud of it ^_^ 

1L1cf012.png

Nice, congrats :yay: .

8 hours ago, JaM said:

:| I guess it is time for me to put an update:|

Unravel - 18.58% = 81.42 pts.

Apotheon - 6.71% = 93.29 pts.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 17.78% = 82.22 pts.

in total of... 256.93. Woohoo! thought I will not make it to 200 pts. :3

jiiii~ Tales of Graces f could've given me 278.61 (7.13%...92.87 *3) :P

It's funny how Tales of Graces f is worth more points than those other 3 plats combined :lol: .

7 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Hmm that's the thing, some games we should eliminate the first speed runner. Other games I feel like we need to eliminate all speed runs, like visual novels. It's a shame because they don't get the full(or even a quarter) beauty of the games. 

If VNs are allowed, I'm afraid those will be used to get plats quickly by skipping everything.

7 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

I haven't been following this at all, so who's winning ?

I've been following this thread and have no idea :lol: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon

On 1/25/2017 at 6:44 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I forgot who I'm dealing with. Have fun with 2.8 :D .

And the second one :D

By the way bud, the objectives on the game for 100 are awesome, it indeed asks you to play on critical and do lots of different actions within your playthrough, even being smaller in comparison to other entries, still a good challenge.

On 1/28/2017 at 6:23 AM, ericperez18 said:

Does the platinum for Superstars V8 Racing counts for my points? Cause the top 7 fastest achievers (who have the platinum in less than 5 hours) clearly hacked the trophies.

It counts and I've reported all the bad times. They also had bad timestamps on other games on their profiles.

EDIT: I see Dragon already replied. I've reported them anyway.

On 1/28/2017 at 0:00 PM, xZoneHunter said:

I haven't been following this at all, so who's winning ?

All of us :P We're all having fun

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 1

My update so far (1/30):

Far Cry Primal = 66.14 points

Lego Harry Potter Collection: Years 5-7 = 58.91 points

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 = 65.44 points

Life Is Strange = 57.83 points

Lego Jurassic World = 66.49 points

Catlateral Damage = 68.25

Total: 383.06 points.

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

Since others are doing it, I'll post here a calculation of my current (and most certainly final) score. Not a lot to count but let's go! xD 

-World of Final Fantasy: 100 - 10.75 = 89.25 * 2 (Platinum estimate of 70 hours) = 178.50

-Thumper: 100 - 2.97 = 97.03 (Platinum estimate of 25 hours)

Total score: 275.53 

If I did something wrong please let me know! ^_^ 

53 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You can do it

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cheering anime gif

If you need some more motivation, I can always put your name up 6 places if the plat isn't obtained :awesome: .

No no... Not necessary... 

I have no doubt I'll get the plat! 

I already have over 150 of risettes lines, and I haven't switched to my b team yet! 

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

No no... Not necessary... 

I have no doubt I'll get the plat! 

I already have over 150 of risettes lines, and I haven't switched to my b team yet! 

Are you sure :awesome: , because you need to join the basketball team and have the social link at a specific level, then spend a specific day with them to get a missable book. Then there's the boss fight against Margaret on NG+, who is no pushover.

I'll post my plats so far this year:

Stories: The Path of Destinies - 82.85 points

Super Time Force Ultra - 97.14 points

Shadow Complex Remastered - 97.15 points

South Park: The Stick of Truth - 83.75 points

Psychonauts - 84.79 points

Unravel - 81.39 points

Catlateral Damage - 68.25 points

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - 58.99 points

That's 654.31 points by my maths. I was planning to finish Shiftlings and one other game before the end but I've started playing Action Henk and a bit of Trials Fusion instead so it's not gonna happen now. Might still aim to finish off shiftlings though.

I also have Broken Age, Color Guardians and Uncharted 1 platted this month as well but sadly they don't count because of first achiever times. :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Are you sure :awesome: , because you need to join the basketball team and have the social link at a specific level, then spend a specific day with them to get a missable book. Then there's the boss fight against Margaret on NG+, who is no pushover.

I have all the books from the strength arcane :P and read! 

And on new game+ you can "never die", and the damage stays for the enemy

:)  I'm good ;) damn good lol

Edited by Dav9834