New Year's Contest 2017 - Winners Announced + Feedback Requested

8 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I have all the books from the strength arcane :P and read! 

And on new game+ you can "never die", and the damage stays for the enemy

:)  I'm good ;) damn good lol

Awesome, sounds like nothing will stop you from platting it.

IIRC that's only if you play on Very Easy difficulty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoneyShotxox said:

Win or lose I'm happy, I got nine platinums this month so all is good :D

That's my thinking too... I'm gonna have eight this month (hopefully if I finish Far Cry Primal this week), and this has been the most trophies I've ever earned in a single month since my trophy hunting days began!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jeschmit said:

That's my thinking too... I'm gonna have eight this month (hopefully if I finish Far Cry Primal this week), and this has been the most trophies I've ever earned in a single month since my trophy hunting days began!

That's awesome. I actually am doing the same thing, and just finished FC:P as well. Of the 3 that I've fully played so far, that one was the worst, felt more like a massive stand alone DLC than a full game.

I have my final number... barring any rarity changing between now and Feb 5th...

Tales from the Borderlands (PS4) - 49.08 points

Tales from the Borderlands (PS3) - 45.02 points

Alone With You (PS4) - 85.55 points

Batman: A Telltale Game (PS3) - 27.88 points

Uncharted 3 Remastered - 76.15 points

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - 70.35 points

Beyond: Two Souls (PS4) - 87.69 points

Far Cry Primal - 66.17 points

With a grand total of 507.89 points. This was one fun event!

• Like 1

On 1/29/2017 at 10:16 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Awesome, sounds like nothing will stop you from platting it.

IIRC that's only if you play on Very Easy difficulty.

Nope damage stays even on very hard! 

And Hardcore Risette Fan :bronze: is mine now! mwahaha nothing can stop me now! :knocks on wood....:

My update so far (2/2):

Far Cry Primal = 66.14 points

Lego Harry Potter Collection: Years 5-7 = 58.91 points

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 = 65.44 points

Life Is Strange = 57.83 points

Lego Jurassic World = 66.49 points

Catlateral Damage = 68.25 points

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean = 70.36 points

Total: 453.42 points.

My final total will probably have an additional 75 points. Doubt I could get 2 more plats in the next 3 days

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

Don't bother counting my score and consider me withdrawn from this contest. Lost 186 points with 2 different 30 hour games, dropping me from at or near the top with Zajac to middle of the pack. 1 player for each game did it, which probably highlights, underscores, screams in 7 different languages the point I made at the beginning of the season. Very frustrated and can't be bothered to finish my final two games I was counting on to hopefully get a result for the competition.

7 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Don't bother counting my score and consider me withdrawn from this contest. Lost 186 points with 2 different 30 hour games, dropping me from at or near the top with Zajac to middle of the pack. 1 player for each game did it, which probably highlights, underscores, screams in 7 different languages the point I made at the beginning of the season. Very frustrated and can't be bothered to finish my final two games I was counting on to hopefully get a result for the competition.

What were the games? 

I'm in the middle, It's not so bad here :(

PES 2014, a BLATANT cheated time that is truly impossible by any objective measure. A dude did ~80 games of 5 minutes each + 5 simulated seasons of the franchise mode in under 4 hours? Absolute bullshit. You can't even do like some games (Life is Strange, for instance) and have all the trophies prepared - your first win in each mode earns you a trophy, and you have to win A LOT of games to get the platinum. This dude won essentially 20 games in an hour. The minimum length a game can be is 5 minutes. The top 50 time for this game is 3 days, 7 hours and its rarity is 4.89%.

The second game is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. The guide for this site says this game is 30 hours, 3 playthroughs. I can't 100% say that this was impossible, but the player would have to do 3 near- world record speedruns back to back to back while earning a bunch of miscellaneous trophies in under 5 hours. If it's not impossible it's certainly not representative of anything approaching an average player. The SECOND PLACE TIME is over double first place, and top 50 time is 2 days 8 hours, with a rarity of 10.08%

38 minutes ago, Andrea said:

I wouldn't say I'm at the top tbh, I dunno exactly but I didn't bother with the final 2 games I was going to do so I don't think I'll be in the top 4 which is a shame. I wasn't really enjoying the games though and didn't want to do them. I'd rather enjoy my time playing what I wanted then try to force a victory though so I'm happy enough with where ever I end up. :)

I completely agree on only the top time being measured being a pain. I was going to play Oddworld: New and Tasty but someguy has speedran that just short of the time. Happened with a couple of other games I looked at too. I'd say looking at the 10th time being 5 hours is a much nicer way of doing it personally. A fair few games tend to have one person who's done the game and enjoyed it enough that they'll make an alt and speedrun it in a time that's not really indicative of how long it takes the normal person to run it. 

3 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

I wouldn't say I'm at the top tbh, I dunno exactly but I didn't bother with the final 2 games I was going to do so I don't think I'll be in the top 4 which is a shame. I wasn't really enjoying the games though and didn't want to do them. I'd rather enjoy my time playing what I wanted then try to force a victory though so I'm happy enough with where ever I end up. :)

I completely agree on only the top time being measured being a pain. I was going to play Oddworld: New and Tasty but someguy has speedran that just short of the time. Happened with a couple of other games I looked at too. I'd say looking at the 10th time being 5 hours is a much nicer way of doing it personally. A fair few games tend to have one person who's done the game and enjoyed it enough that they'll make an alt and speedrun it in a time that's not really indicative of how long it takes the normal person to run it. 

You are at the top of everyone who has reported so far, by a modest margin to boot...which should surprise no one lol. I expect you will place by the end of the competition, simply because I'm sure that we are far from the only ones to have a third of our scores wiped out due to nonsense.

I'm all good with playing crap to win trophy leagues, but it was so hard to find eligible games for this. I found pretty much the golden game in Tomb Raider: Legend. A game that is 78 points that most of the top 50 has completed in 5h 30m-7h. But that was about it. So many other games had just that one or two really obviously hacked/cleverly speedran time. It's a strange system where something easy and passive like a Telltale game is a better choice than a 7/10 difficulty, 30 hour game like Chaos Theory just because there is almost 0 variation in the telltale game.

4 hours ago, Andrea said:

PES 2014, a BLATANT cheated time that is truly impossible by any objective measure. A dude did ~80 games of 5 minutes each + 5 simulated seasons of the franchise mode in under 4 hours? Absolute bullshit. You can't even do like some games (Life is Strange, for instance) and have all the trophies prepared - your first win in each mode earns you a trophy, and you have to win A LOT of games to get the platinum. This dude won essentially 20 games in an hour. The minimum length a game can be is 5 minutes. The top 50 time for this game is 3 days, 7 hours and its rarity is 4.89%.

The second game is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. The guide for this site says this game is 30 hours, 3 playthroughs. I can't 100% say that this was impossible, but the player would have to do 3 near- world record speedruns back to back to back while earning a bunch of miscellaneous trophies in under 5 hours. If it's not impossible it's certainly not representative of anything approaching an average player. The SECOND PLACE TIME is over double first place, and top 50 time is 2 days 8 hours, with a rarity of 10.08%

I've mentioned a few times by now that obviously hacked times do not disqualify a game, so PES 2014 counts. I'll look into the #1 at Chaos Theory to see if any other games have questionable time stamps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrea said:

Let's see what Dragon says first before backing out. It's for fun anyway 

It's not like we're winning 10k if we get first place :)

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I've mentioned a few times by now that obviously hacked times do not disqualify a game, so PES 2014 counts. I'll look into the #1 at Chaos Theory to see if any other games have questionable time stamps.

We posted at the same time xD

You got first this time lol

btw who's badass?

fp76fm.gif

yaaaaa

1L03861e.png

:platinum:Golden Completed :platinum: 

114 hours! Though it didn't feel that long at all!

+281.25 Points :D

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I appreciate that. I haven't been keeping up with the thread. I'd appreciate it if Chaos Theory was also allowed but will respect your decision, for some reason the PES time is new (even though it was recorded in 2016, guess they just signed up or something) and it was really irritating to see a second substantial point value game disallowed.

3 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Let's see what Dragon says first before backing out. It's for fun anyway 

It's not like we're winning 10k if we get first place :)

It's not really about the prize I would back out if there wasn't one too. It's just the thought of getting a shitty mid-table finish when I know I did a little better than that last month. I'm not one to bother with 2nd, much less 15th. Since PES is allowed after all I will play it out since I knew Chaos Theory had the one weird score going in.

3 minutes ago, Andrea said:

It's not really about the prize I would back out if there wasn't one too. It's just the thought of getting a shitty mid-table finish when I know I did a little better than that last month. I'm not one to bother with 2nd, much less 15th. Since PES is allowed after all I will play it out since I knew Chaos Theory had the one weird score going in.

That part just really makes me think this is a major insult to everyone who put in many hours(114 actual hours on 1 game for me) but will end up in the middle.... And you'd back out regardless doesn't make it sound better bird-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862491

23 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

This brings back rather unpleasant memories about getting the first post in SV  depressed2 onion head.

23 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

btw who's badass?

fp76fm.gif

yaaaaa

1L03861e.png

:platinum:Golden Completed :platinum: 

114 hours! Though it didn't feel that long at all!

+281.25 Points :D

Congrats, you've just platted the best game on the Vita :awesome: .

15 minutes ago, Andrea said:

I appreciate that. I haven't been keeping up with the thread. I'd appreciate it if Chaos Theory was also allowed but will respect your decision, for some reason the PES time is new (even though it was recorded in 2016, guess they just signed up or something) and it was really irritating to see a second substantial point value game disallowed.

It looks like the account is either shared or the trophies are hacked. When looking at the Trophy Log page 58, there are trophies from another game mixed with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Sometimes the time stamps are not even 30 seconds apart.

When looking at Borderlands and Borderlands 2, the trophies have unbelievable time stamps too, especially Borderlands. I realize that it's possible to ask a high-levelled player to carry another person, but beating bosses 7-8 seconds after each other can't be done. 

So based on this I'm going to say Chaos Theory is likely hacked. If anyone wants to report this person, feel free to do so.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

I don't mean it that way to anyone really, I mean I'm not going to make fun of people who do worse than me or pretend I'm better than anyone because of something like this. I'm just not satisfied with it, on a personal level. If someone did their best and is satisfied with what they are doing then I'm certainly not in a position to judge that. All I can do is judge my own position and weight it against my own expectations, and if it doesn't measure up then that's how I feel.

• Like 3

Can I still participate, or did I have to be signed in the whole time? Just discovered this now, and I did a lot of plats this month.

If not it's ok, there is no harm in asking, right? :lol:

EDIT: Just saw the Dec. 31 deadline, awww such a shame. I did 13 Plats :/

Edited by Schlumpfkiller7