New Year's Contest 2017 - Winners Announced + Feedback Requested

2 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

If you wanted me to check the points per guide hour for everyone, I'd do it. I like seeing statistics and you might be able to see how you'd like do it next year.

Sure, go ahead. That would be very useful info to have.

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

:(

No! 

79b5cbac8f44136913045acccac7f839.jpg

Lol :lol: .

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Sure, go ahead. That would be very useful info to have.

If my speed with making trophies in song vote is any measure, I'm at least 13 times faster at making the data than the other guinea pig :awesome: I'll probably be working on it during the football part of the superbowl since it starts at about the same time as the contest ends and the ads are the only important part of any superbowl.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

If my speed with making trophies in song vote is any measure, I'm at least 13 times faster at making the data than the other guinea pig :awesome: I'll probably be working on it during the football part of the superbowl since it starts at about the same time as the contest ends and the ads are the only important part of any superbowl.

Hrrnnmmm

All I heard was blah blah blah 

Yuuki-Asuna-sword-art-online-35096064-50

• Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 3:51 AM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Life Is Strange = 57.83 points

On 2/2/2017 at 6:11 AM, Enma8910 said:

Root Letter 38.59

These two games are ineligible due to having fastest times under 5 hours.

SUiQwMF.png

G29lnzS.png

On 2/2/2017 at 6:11 AM, Enma8910 said:

Legends of War 74.36

This is also ineligible

2miWL11.png

24 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

These two games are ineligible due to having fastest times under 5 hours.

SUiQwMF.png

Don't ever scare me like that again...

LDJh8GN.png

There is no way to plat Life Is Strange in under 5 hours. Everyone else from both the PS3 and the PS4 version have 7+ hour completion times. Even if you knew every way to shave off as many seconds from the play time as possible to get to the end, there's no way it can be done in under 5 hours, as each episode is a little over an hour, so at 70 minutes per episode with 5 episodes, that'd be almost 6 hours. The fact that that guy did it in just over 2 is total hacking. Can't seem to report it though. @Stevieboy

Final total for me:

Far Cry Primal = 66.14 points

Lego Harry Potter Collection: Years 5-7 = 58.91 points

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 = 65.44 points

Lego Jurassic World = 66.49 points

Catlateral Damage = 68.25 points

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean = 70.36 points

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes = 75.09 points

Total: 528.51 points.

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

Just now, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

LDJh8GN.png

There is no way to plat Life Is Strange in under 5 hours. Everyone else from both the PS3 and the PS4 version have 7+ hour completion times. Even if you knew every way to shave off as many seconds from the play time as possible to get to the end, there's no way it can be done in under 5 hours, as each episode is a little over an hour, so at 70 minutes per episode with 5 episodes, that'd be almost 6 hours. The fact that that guy did it in just over 2 is total hacking. Can't seem to report it though. @Stevieboy

Final total for me:

Far Cry Primal = 66.14 points

Lego Harry Potter Collection: Years 5-7 = 58.91 points

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 = 65.44 points

Lego Jurassic World = 66.49 points

Catlateral Damage = 68.25 points

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean = 70.36 points

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes = 75.09 points

Total: 528.51 points.

@dernop did do it and explained it to @Sly Ripper, who removed the flag from him.

14 hours ago, Andrea said:

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 10.07% achieved - 89.93 points

I don't know enough about this particular game to say whether or not this time is legitimate, but someone cleared it in 4.5 hours. If the timestamps are good then this is ineligible. If they aren't, you should report them.

11 hours ago, azlanslayer said:

Gravity Rush Remastered 29.58% = 70.42

This is ineligible. The platinum was obtained in 4 hours 9 minutes and 1 second by alrex. The 100% time on the 100% club includes the DLC which was obtained after the platinum.

12 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

I don't know enough about this particular game to say whether or not this time is legitimate, but someone cleared it in 4.5 hours. If the timestamps are good then this is ineligible. If they aren't, you should report them.

This is ineligible. The platinum was obtained in 4 hours 9 minutes and 1 second by alrex. The 100% time on the 100% club includes the DLC which was obtained after the platinum.

NotLikeThis v2 :( 

• Like 1

Dragon cleared chaos theory a couple pages ago I think. It was pretty clearly a garbage time for a game that takes ~30 hours and 3 playthroughs to do.

Will be curious on the ruling for infamous:first light as it has 2 junk times and then third place is at 4 hours 56 minutes. Not sure if that is hacked or not, it's certainly right on the borderline and worth investigating.

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Olliolli 2 0.68 1 99.32

This might be ineligible. There are multiple people with the platinum under 5 hours on either the physical or digital version of the game. It seems like the trophies autopop if you've earned them on one version and then load up the other. We'll need a ruling from @Dragon-Archon on whether or not autopops count as other people's fastest times. It says in the rules that we can't autopop, but nothing is said about whether the fastest times being autopopped count.

16 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Will be curious on the ruling for infamous:first light as it has 2 junk times and then third place is at 4 hours 56 minutes. Not sure if that is hacked or not, it's certainly right on the borderline and worth investigating.

The ones that are under 10 seconds are definitely impossible, but that one at 4 hours 56 minutes seems like it might be legitimate to me. I can't remember if you're allowed to free roam before you unlock :bronze: Lost or not, but if you can then the time is probably legitimate. The times on speedrun.com make me think that it might be a legitimate time, though.

Edited by kuuhaku

7 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

This might be ineligible. There are multiple people with the platinum under 5 hours on either the physical or digital version of the game. It seems like the trophies autopop if you've earned them on one version and then load up the other. We'll need a ruling from @Dragon-Archon on whether or not autopops count as other people's fastest times. It says in the rules that we can't autopop, but nothing is said about whether the fastest times being autopopped count.

They don't count to fastest times, otherwise plats like MGS3 shouldn't count either. The game isn't even doable in less than 5 days because of the daily you have do to 7 times

• Like 1

Just now, Danny_Johansen said:

They don't count to fastest times, otherwise plats like MGS3 shouldn't count either. The game isn't even doable in less than 5 days because of the daily you have do to 7 times

Ok cool. I'm just going through everyone's games since I'm making the data sheet at the moment and I'm listing everything that might be ineligible.

My final total:

Sword Art Online: Lost Song - 169.34

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - 76.57

Devil May Cry HD - 92.85

Titan Souls - 97.43

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - 83.47

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II - 263.34

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 264.48

Total Score: 1047.48

Decided to end with two x3 games, I had fun with this event. Feel I did pretty good here.

2 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Awesome, that's the perfect speed to do things :awesome: .

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Hrrnnmmm

All I heard was blah blah blah 

Yuuki-Asuna-sword-art-online-35096064-50

But you shouldn't trust your ears alone, use your eyes too:

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gif

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

1 hour ago, kuuhaku said:

@dernop did do it and explained it to @Sly Ripper, who removed the flag from him.

Didn't think it was possible, but that Life is Strange speedrun thread does prove it's legit :blink: .

59 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

The ones that are under 10 seconds are definitely impossible, but that one at 4 hours 56 minutes seems like it might be legitimate to me. I can't remember if you're allowed to free roam before you unlock :bronze: Lost or not, but if you can then the time is probably legitimate. The times on speedrun.com make me think that it might be a legitimate time, though.

49 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

OlliOlli2 is definitely impossible to do under 5 hours, even with god-like skills, because of the daily challenges. So it counts.

@kuuhaku Nice find with Gravity Rush, I totally forgot about DLCs adding to the time. Also I think it's better if you just tell me which games don't count.

Also 13 minutes remaining :awesome: 

Edited by Dragon-Archon

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

kuuhaku Nice find with Gravity Rush, I totally forgot about DLCs adding to the time. Also I think it's better if you just tell me which games don't count.

I was noting them in the thread as I found them. There's always a chance that I overlooked something or didn't know something like what happened with the Tom Clancy game. I can send them in a PM instead though if you'd prefer.

Just now, kuuhaku said:

I was noting them in the thread as I found them. There's always a chance that I overlooked something or didn't know something like what happened with the Tom Clancy game. I can send them in a PM instead though if you'd prefer.

A PM is fine or just post them here. I'll be going through all the games too after this event has ended.

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

But you shouldn't trust your ears alone, use your eyes too:

Reveal hidden contents

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor 13 gif

@kuuhaku

Also 13 minutes remaining :awesome: 

Sorry wearing my shades, everything's blurry

321ba9a13f4b7aa09bdb71584d2fecc2.jpg

Btw I really hate you can't delete @someone tags

Edited by Dav9834