Welcome everyone!

TheYuriG

The upgrade is finally upon us! First time I heard about it was September 2015 and here it is 14 months later.

Use this thread to talk about all the little things you like in the new version, all cool suggestions that were made pre-update and are now implemented right off the bat, new changes you will need to get used to or just simply praise Sly and his team for the good work up to this new phase of the website.

ENJOY!!!

I'll make a small list about things I'm liking and disliking so far, but put them in a spoiler tag so I don't add it to anyone's opinion, unless they open the spoiler (aka, they ask to).

Spoiler

Things I like:

• Spoiler button
  • the new looks
  • you can now upvote status updates and replies within (did the limit got removed?)
  • bottom notifications when someone says something in something you follow and you are in the forums tab
  • chrome notifications for when you don't
  • emote search bar
  • new looks of Gaming Sessions
  • trophy tips are gone
  • REASON TO EDIT FIELD!!!!!!
  • MOTHERFUCKING MENTIONS @TheYuriG I LOVE THIS UPDATE ALREADY!!!!!!! FROM ANYWHERE!!!
  • Friends turned into followers. Now I can let people follow me and I'm not forced to see their status updates if I activate notifications for 'friends' anymore
  • Popular now tab (could be bigger, wish it was bigger. if the contributors tab gets removed, please expand that and make the 5 top threads show up there, would be a nice addition to replace the old 'newest threads'.
  • When looking a guide, you can now click the game image on the right side and be taken to the game page itself. I LOVE THIS
  • ability to report a status update, this is awesome!
  • how seamless the pages are loaded in a thread, it just scrolls and things disappear and other things appear
  • the sound notification is pretty nice (thanks pixel cat for reminding me of this)
  • you can now search some stuff directly from the thread title. wasn't possible previously, the search was mixed with the post content which sucked to find something specific you knew the name for
  • notifications for upvotes and quotes within a same thread are now clustered in a single one YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS may the others follow this example

Things I dislike:

• Top links are broken (should be fixed when update is live)
  • Viewing a status update adds you to the recent visitors list
  • profiles are possible to view by anyone, even not logged in members
  • status updates shows duplicated statuses from the same person now. if the spammers post frequently, they can get the whole wall for themselves
  • No way to go to PSN profile from forums (Urushiro pointed this out first)
  • Posting on someone else's wall now shows it publicy in the latest status feed. I used to use that as some sort of open special PMing, now I'll need delete a conversation to use the real PMs...
  • Clicking the chrome desktop notifications leaves the site notification to be opened
  • no sarcastic font yet. Actually, there are no fonts anymore, this is the only one. Coloring posts is still an option though
  • most liked people leaderboards (like whoring will increase imo)
  • when someone replies to a status update, doesn't tell whom's it belongs to, so you need to manually check everyone of them to be sure you didn't miss a single reply. old version said whom's the status belonged to
  • when someone mentions you in a status update you are taking part of (aka you replied to), you get double notifications instead of single
  • notifications from the same place (same status/same thread) don't cluster together. clustering them in one single notification would cure the problem of 'not saying who it belongs to' I mentioned above because then, every notification would lead you somewhere you didn't read something new
  • posts are all too white. I think there was some sort of separation in grey before with posts/signature/space between posters that I'm missing here. looks confusing to understand now, but hopefully it will be addressed or I'm going to get adjusted to it. There could have been some separation from the avatar field to the post field too. EVERYTHING IS TOO MUCH WHITE
  • When looking at your own profile, there is one edit button but I can't seem to find how to go to edit signature, not as seamless as before
  • Still no way to track how much time left until you can upvote something again
  • Notifications goes away too quickly. If I'm using another tab and I hear the ding, rarely I can change tabs quick enough to click it
  • No way to customize which notifications plays the sounds. I don't want a sound notification for when someone upvotes my stuff, I have ABSOLUTELY NO HURRY to read a post I MADE. Wish there was some way to disable the notification popup for upvotes, but keep the bell listing one
  • No way to instantly find your own position (or friends) in the fastest achiever board (thanks Lion)
  • No more time between trophies when listing trophies by time (thanks Marsupian?)
  • Avatars are too small (think JaM mentioned this first, but unsure if he thinks it's too small or too big)
  • No way to delete comments from status updates (infinite notifications, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)
  • No way to edit comments in status updates either, so you either double post to clear stuff up or you leave your errors in the open and look dumb (thanks Milan)
  • replies in status updates are only loaded in 3s now
  • games, trophies and users in the leaderboards aren't actively searched as you type anymore. used to be
  • 25 reputation limit, even though there are more things to like now
  • Signatures field is smaller (DEMON addition)
  • signatures not visible as guests (thanks Paige for this)
  • Links to the forum rules aren't visible on every page (Urushiro addition)
  • There's no option to edit the BBCode (Urushiro addition)
  • Not being able to see who is currently viewing a topic/subforum (Urushiro addition)
  • Smaller signature field (Urushiro addition)

Things I don't know how to feel about:

• No more 'recent topic' section. I hated and loved it, dunno how to adjust seeing it go
  • "About me" in profiles are MUCH MORE HIDDEN than before. dunno how to feel about this, it used to be right in your face before, you need to look up for it now
  • Profiles can be viewed by guests. Doesn't matter to me, I don't have anything relevant to keep confidential and recent visitors is now fucked up anyway

I'll add more if I find more. List is going to be updated as more features are released

19 hours ago, DRMOGUERA said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but is there an option to see Games with 100% plus games with Platinums but not at 100% (i.e. missing DLC trophies) together? I liked that feature on lists previously, but it doesn't seem to be in this new update. Love the new look otherwise. 

19 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

1. Anyone else when looking through the games lists see they are no longer in A-Z order?

2. Small nitpick but I miss the actual ps3, vita, or ps4 logo in a games platform part on the trophy list.

3.Small nitpick again but I miss seeing the last trophies earned on the trophy card everytime you update it.

20 hours ago, harsly said:

One thing that is really bothering me is when you search through Games, the list doesn't update as you type, like it did before. Also, when you search for something, lists without platinum's have 0:platinum:, but in the default view when you click Games, they don't. Screenshots in spoiler tags.

Reveal hidden contents

default.jpg

search.jpg

Edited by TheYuriG
updating list
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, JaM said:

So far it looks really good to me...

hmmm... there's one thing that has been bothering me though, is there going to be a feature just to check a specific stuffs, e.g. All Status Updates?

Not sure if I get your question, but doesn't the "Activity" button on top right suffices that?

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Not sure if I get your question, but doesn't the "Activity" button on top right suffices that?

I was a bit confuse with Activity part earlier but figured it out now... but yeah, it seems like customizing "Activity" works like what Kuu-chan mentioned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MilanYildirim said:

We need an option to stop getting notifications from the statuses we don't care any longer. That's better solution than deleting the comment

THIS SO MUCH

It saddens me to make people look like crazies talking to themselves, but the extra notifications from stuff I stopped caring really bothers me.

6 minutes ago, LucasV9991 said:

I just saw this is a new feature too, I love it :D:

Seems like more people want to get it removed, which is understandable as this will only intensify the like-whoring like Yuri already mentioned here:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/136002-raitandrul/?status=136488&reply=522113&type=status

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Seems like more people want to get it removed, which is understandable as this will only intensify the like-whoring like Yuri already mentioned here:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/136002-raitandrul/?status=136488&reply=522113&type=status

Hmm, yeah that is understandable. The idea is cool but I guess it will indeed result in like-whoring. Well, we'll just see what happens. For now it's still cool though :P.

The most annoying thing to me so far is that we get notifications for statuses but it doesn't tell us which status.

Not exactly too keen on that days won thing either, it should be private or something done without.  There has been like whoring before, but this will just encourage it more.

1 minute ago, DEMON said:

The most annoying thing to me so far is that we get notifications for statuses but it doesn't tell us which status.

Not exactly too keen on that days won thing either, it should be private or something done without.  There has been like whoring before, but this will just encourage it more.

Yup, I mention both in my list too and the status update mentioned above says some stuff about it too, check it out if you didn't yet

Things I like about the new forum update

• Desktop Notifications
  • More statistics
  • Activity streams

Things I dislike about the new forum update (big issues are in red)

• No link from forum profile to trophy profile
  • Viewing a status update moves you to the person's profile
  • Links to the forum rules aren't visible on every page
  • Notifications do not say what status update they are for without clicking the link
  • BBCode is different
  • There's no option to edit the BBCode
  • Not being able to see who is currently viewing a topic/subforum
  • No option for getting a notification when getting a like/upvote (was enabled around the time of this post)
  • Smaller signature field
  • Followers
Edited by Urushiro
spoilers work differently
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Urushiro said:

Hide contents

• Desktop Notifications
  • More statistics
  • Activity streams

Hide contents

• Notifications do not say what status update they are for without clicking the link
  • No option for getting a notification when getting a like/upvote (it's in the options, but it can't be enabled)
  • Followers

Mind if I quote a few of those that I didn't mention in my post?

Did you just... put a spoiler inside a spoiler???

2 minutes ago, DEMON said:

I actually like the follower feature. This may sound a bit asshole like, but everyone who adds me, I don't want to add them so if they want to follow me.. I really don't see what harm it does.

Same @DEMON, now I can unfollow a lot of people I didn't want to be friends back then. Only gonna follow who I'm interested in knowing about and FINALLY gonna be able to enable again friends notifications for status updates.

Edited by TheYuriG

1 minute ago, DEMON said:

I actually like the follower feature. This may sound a bit asshole like, but everyone who adds me, I don't want to add them so if they want to follow me.. I really don't see what harm it does.

Exactly. If they want to follow me, fine but I don't necessarily want to follow everyone back. I think it's a pretty nice addition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Mind if I quote a few of those that I didn't mention in my post?

Did you just... put a spoiler inside a spoiler???

I wasn't trying to do that. The BBCode functions differently. I was trying to type 

[spoiler][/spoiler]

but it didn't close the spoiler.

I also edited the post.  Feel free to use them in the OP.

Edited by Urushiro

5 minutes ago, Urushiro said:

Reveal hidden contents

• Desktop Notifications
  • More statistics
  • Activity streams

Reveal hidden contents

• No option for getting a notification when getting a like/upvote (it's in the options, but it can't be enabled)
  • Followers

I mentioned about notifications for content being liked, and Sly has enabled it now

• Like 2