New Site Update Issues

Parker

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

That's because F Rank games don't count anymore for your unearned trophies.

F ranks didn't count towards your completion percentage before the update, but the trophies did count towards unearned trophies? That doesn't make sense.

Also, I have another 2 issues with my trophy stats.

• At first, my Completion % up top dropped by almost 2%, but the graph version did not.
  • Then the top version updated to become accurate (and still is as of right now), but the graph version dropped about 1.7% (now I think it's accurate again).
  • At the same time as the above issue change, my Game Ranks dropped to a B rank, despite the math equaling an A rank. The game numbers per rank were correct.
    • Now ***CURRENT ISSUE*** the numbers are not correct, as it is saying I have 77 games completed, when my profile actually has 67, which is correctly reflected on the top portion. The additional 10 located in theS rank section are from the A rank section, as I should have 54 A rank games, not 44.

n5FugmU.png

Also, my trophy card was not allowing me to change the content displayed on it, like if I wanted Most Recent Trophies, Plats only, how many rows, etc. Now it is, and it's saying that it's saving my settings (which it does), but upon checking my trophy card again, nothing has changed. The trophy card now does not accurately reflect my settings. 

Other than those, the other couple unrelated issues I've had seem to be correcting themselves with time.

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

2 hours ago, Mar said:

No to all of the above.

Like I said, that is ONLY fair for the hardcore trophy hunters and the ones who actually have time to earn 50 and 50+ platinums. Aside from your 1st platinum (milestone), the next milestone being 50 is quite obviously huge and a irritating "gap". Platinum milestone every 50 is too much. Not even a quarter of members on this website have even 150. Might as well bring it back to every 25ths. Every 10th makes sense but I could somewhat sympathize with how common it would be. However, 10 is a decently large gap per platinums (literally only 10 slots worth of a patterned platinum milestone series), so I think it's the fairest of them all.... ESPECIALLY GIVEN that system changes after 100th (well 60th in this case), which thus destroys the issues other people have with the 10ths platinums.

There should be a gap, do you have any idea how long the milestone section would be if EVERY SINGLE 10th plat was counted, among the other ones? When you reach a new level, new changes or things happen. In music, it's not the same exact lyrics all throughout the song, despite the beats staying mostly the same, the lyrics change. Gaps create balance. One-hundred is what would be considered Level 2. The system needs to change upon a certain THRESHOLD in order for it not to get long as hell. The true issue relies in the execution of what that was obtained gets changed. Ten/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100 is fine, 100/110/120/130/etc is unnecessary and not essential just because the 2 digit values had that pattern. Its funny how every 50th platinum is considered a better system when half the people on this site don't even have 150 platinums. Yet, that's somehow a better system? Again, I won't get into the 1000th trophies, my concern are the platinum milestones.

Then you have a split trophy milestone community, instead of a consistent one. This is a core feature of the website, not a layout or graphics change, so it's not a good decision. One needs to stay in-tact, not having two interchangeably. There would be no identity, people then have some limited freedom with customization, and there would be no consistency since there separate types of systems would exist. The proper change would be to create the single best version of the milestone system, whether it has to be entirely new or combine certain aspects of the last one to make a better one.

Your only viewing it from a member who has very little trophies, which is why many want the option to pick between the two yes your way is good for people under a certain amount of trophies but to people who have over 150 plats this system is terrible it looks uneven and the plat count moves to a 50 gap anyway, which is why it is silly to a lot of the members who have a few platinum as we get all these milestones early and then get very little, even more so when you take away the 1,000 trophy mark.

Sure half the site might not have over 150 plats but you need to around the top 2,000 ranking before you start seeing a large group of these these so for the members who have been here a while and unlocked trophies just have to miss out for the new members or the casual gamer?
Which again is why we have asked for both or like in the past a vote to see what one members want.

6 minutes ago, Gage said:

My main issue as well was the removal of the 1k milestones.  There's currently approximately 18 milestones that you might get before reaching 5k trophies,  then after reaching 10k which is when the 1k ones get removed you end up with a extremely small amount in comparison.  On my account pre 10k total there are 27 milestones,  post 10k I have 10. That's really unbalanced considering I have more than double 10k at this point.  

This is another reason why some of the members with more trophies are upset over the new system. While not happy with the plat structure I can get over it my mine issue is the 1,000 trophy mark 

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

F ranks didn't count towards your completion percentage before the update, but the trophies did count towards unearned trophies? That does make sense.

Yes that's how it was before in in my opinion should be now.
I mean you have the trophies on your profile so they are unearned. You allways can hide the game if you don't want to count it.
Also in the Trophy Advisor they are shown, which makes no sense for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Yes that's how it was before in in my opinion should be now.
I mean you have the trophies on your profile so they are unearned. You can always hide the game if you don't want to count it.
Also in the Trophy Advisor they are shown, which makes no sense for me.

100 times, this. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had been tracking my progress during the year and compiling a spreedsheet as a way to motivate myself. This is now the second statistic I had been tracking that is now fucked up due to an unnecessary change.

As the above quoted post says, the new change makes no sense as (1) those games are in fact included in the Trophy Advisor, (2) you can hide games and (3) Sony has provided a way to remove F rank games if desired.

On a separate issue, I'm quite annoyed at the change to the "unread content" link at the top right of the forum page. Previously this link took me to a page that I had set to show only those threads I had commented in. Now it shows every unread topic I have no interest in. What is worse is that the alternative way to get to what I want involves first a <hover> over the 'Activity' tab, then <click> on 'My Activity Streams', then <click> on 'Content I posted in'. This is far too many unnecessary clicks. Also, the addition of the <hover> sometimes causes me to accidentally click that, then wait for an unnecessary page load, before repeating the process. This aside, after the process is done and the last <click> performed, the 'Content I posted in' takes 20 damn seconds to load!!!! In fact, every action on this site now takes LONGER to load and it's getting extremely frustrating and is making me NOT want to participate in the forums.

/endrant (for now)

10 minutes ago, IronMask75 said:

On a separate issue, I'm quite annoyed at the change to the "unread content" link at the top right of the forum page. Previously this link took me to a page that I had set to show only those threads I had commented in. Now it shows every unread topic I have no interest in. What is worse is that the alternative way to get to what I want involves first a <hover> over the 'Activity' tab, then <click> on 'My Activity Streams', then <click> on 'Content I posted in'. This is far too many unnecessary clicks. Also, the addition of the <hover> sometimes causes me to accidentally click that, then wait for an unnecessary page load, before repeating the process. This aside, after the process is done and the last <click> performed, the 'Content I posted in' takes 20 damn seconds to load!!!! In fact, every action on this site now takes LONGER to load and it's getting extremely frustrating and is making me NOT want to participate in the forums.

/endrant (for now)

Make the "Content I posted in" your default stream. You do that by clicking the check-mark right beside the stream name. Once that is your default, it will replace that "Unread Content" link at the top right of the forum page.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

Make the "Content I posted in" your default stream. You do that by clicking the check-mark right beside the stream name. Once that is your default, it will replace that "Unread Content" link at the top right of the forum page.  

Oh thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that. So simple solution, yet so completely easy to miss. Just another example of the counter-intuitive nature of the new site upgrade. It does, however, still take 20 seconds to load this page and switching between 'Expanded' and 'Collapsed' doesn't change this. In fact, the switch itself took 10 seconds.

Everything about the site now is painfully slow. This is not good web design.

8 minutes ago, IronMask75 said:

Oh thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that. So simple solution, yet so completely easy to miss. Just another example of the counter-intuitive nature of the new site upgrade. It does, however, still take 20 seconds to load this page and switching between 'Expanded' and 'Collapsed' doesn't change this. In fact, the switch itself took 10 seconds.

Everything about the site now is painfully slow. This is not good web design.

Glad that helped at least part of your problem. Took me a bit to figure that out too. As for the site being slow, I'm noticing the same thing since I logged in tonight. The first couple of days after the update I felt like it was going at least as fast as normal (if not faster) but tonight it's noticeably slower. Hopefully it's just a temporary problem.  

I'm currently on my work break so I can't really filter through the thread at this time, but I wanted to throw a suggestion in.

I'm viewing on mobile so I don't know if it's different on a computer, but clicking PSNProfiles in the forum boots me to the main site, instead of the forum home like it used to. Not only that, but there's no subforum directory links to click on. That means I either have to slowly press the button in the top left, or go to the main page and pinch the screen to click Forums.

It's annoying.

If you can't get the directory to appear, then at least let the big button take me back to the forum home, instead of the main site. You can already get to the home through the drop down anyway.

Not sure if posted already...

https://psnprofiles.com/MMDE/log?order=achievers&dir=asc

Click on the link, see that the direction is ascending. Click on the next page, either by number or the arrow, and see it changes to descending instead! :(

Also, can't add link to an image anymore! :(

Oh, and missing a close button when you click on someone in the chatroom! I know you can also just click on the the chat part, but can be a bit confusing and didn't use to be like that.

Also, still miss to move all the sound files for the chat over to the new https server.

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Also, can't add link to an image anymore! :(

I don't know if there's a way to do it using the reply box, but you can copy and paste an image with a link and it should fine.

If you want the image in your signature to link to that url, highlight and copy this, then paste it into your signature:

It tells you some nonsense about removing the formatting, but just ignore that and it should work

If you need to create a different image with a link, I used this BBCode tester thing: http://www.amigabounty.net/index.php?function=bbcodetest

54 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I don't know if there's a way to do it using the reply box, but you can copy and paste an image with a link and it should fine.

If you want the image in your signature to link to that url, highlight and copy this, then paste it into your signature:

It tells you some nonsense about removing the formatting, but just ignore that and it should work

If you need to create a different image with a link, I used this BBCode tester thing: http://www.amigabounty.net/index.php?function=bbcodetest

Well, I can't see that image! :P

7 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Oh, are you on mobile? I'm on desktop and Firefox and it works for me

Does that mean it looks like I don't have a signature, either?

No, it was just my terrible internet connection that didn't load the image before after I had posted the reply! I rebooted router, works better now I think!

8 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Your only viewing it from a member who has very little trophies, which is why many want the option to pick between the two yes your way is good for people under a certain amount of trophies but to people who have over 150 plats this system is terrible it looks uneven and the plat count moves to a 50 gap anyway, which is why it is silly to a lot of the members who have a few platinum as we get all these milestones early and then get very little, even more so when you take away the 1,000 trophy mark.

Sure half the site might not have over 150 plats but you need to around the top 2,000 ranking before you start seeing a large group of these these so for the members who have been here a while and unlocked trophies just have to miss out for the new members or the casual gamer?
Which again is why we have asked for both or like in the past a vote to see what one members want.

This is another reason why some of the members with more trophies are upset over the new system. While not happy with the plat structure I can get over it my mine issue is the 1,000 trophy mark 

I thought I explained this twice already? Im viewing it from an overall perspective. Its a good starting point and long term point, since the system again self-compensates for itself by riding the 10th system (not the saves of your plats) FOR those hardcore trophy hunters who have proved themselves worthy to access the next level of the milestone system, once they get 60-100 plats. It does that PLUS keeps your 10s AFTER 100 plats, so IT DOESNT go unnoticed or disappear. Why arent ppl understanding this? The problem is obviously the total trophy count itself, not that plat system, excluding the lack of 70, 80, and 90, which I am not focusing on.

Again, the system acts as advanced levels for over-acheivers, and it should get harder -- system adjusting to your progression or status. You beat 8th grade, you move to a harder level, its still school and some rules are still set, but its harder and theres more restrictions. Harder difficulty games changes patterns like AI movement, animations, etc, its not going to be consistent with the older difficulties. If it was consistent entirely, it would factually be a boring, predictable, and uninteresting system, with all the true-special milestones getting all the spotlight and work, since literally NO patterns would change, I guaranteed that (epitome definition of stale [system]). Ill consider going back to every 25th plats, but every 50th is just plain stupid to me, too big of a gap. Imagine if $2 became the new $1, it'd take FOUR 2-sets (8 quarters) to make $1. Twenty-five breaks it down to 4 platinums rewards per 100 plats, which isnt too bad for everyone. (I somehow got carried away by calling it horrible before. However this change would automatically force then the post 100 plats to take on the every 50th platinum system.) But every 50th is horrible, for a STARTING point (think about starting your trophy hunting journey and REALIZING that your only other recorded platinum since your 1ST will be your 50th... that IS NOT fair, for any side). Thats obviously more appropriate for hardcore trophy hunters, hence my argument -- it shouldnt start in the 50s and then 'somehow' get even harder once 100th is hit. Tens or 25s are the best for starters, period. Im still favoring 10s because again, yall hardcore trophy hunters get what yall want once you acheive (60) 100 platinums, and 10s is easily balanced for the early stages. Its a system that evolves once you reach the threshold, clearly more interesting AND(!) rewarding than a set-indefinitely patterned system of non changing values. I dont think anyone gets it because theyre too focused on the 1000/10, 000 trophy factor.

I think im not understanding the full arguments though to. What number of trophies and plats make what irrelevant? This point is still a bit too later down the road to consider, possibly. Like, itd be me complaining about what happens after platinum 200, when im one of the super few with 200 plats. However not saying to ignore them. Just saying that the gap is fine if its the way I think it is. Up until 100, I can at least make that opinionated claim, as Ive visited according profiles. Anything to 150 plats or over I cant speak of (yet).

After a third time analyzing the milestone system (still only to 149 plats, not anything to or over 150), I actually think its perfect or nearly.

It evolves when conditions/thresholds are met (you reach 5000 plats, the gap increases to adapt to your trophy hunting prowess, same with the platinums.. reach the grand halfway 50 margin, it increases by 25 and drops the 10s). And its not flawed because it follows a consistent pattern, like ABAB, ABAC, ABAD, or 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, etc. 

EDIT: Just viewed a profile with 10,000 trophys and 223 platinums. No milestones actually disappear. I see no issue here. It looks balanced out nicely. Seems the system may peak at 1000 per trophies and 25 per platinums, as 25 per remains the gap/ms even during and through the 200 mark. I can then only assume the 1000 trophy ms will remain to. Every 10,000 trophies being a milestone would be pretty crazy after all.

Edited by Mar

When trying to use mail messages to a specific person, I cannot put a name in the recipient section, only the subject and body.  Only relevant info I can think of is I'm on Safari.

As a followup to what I said before regarding milestones since I see its a discussion:

56 minutes ago, Mar said:

*removed tower post regarding milestones argument

Game / Image Choice Argument:  Part of the issue are that people's pre-update planned milestones are now jacked.  

Relevance Argument:  When someone has, lets say 178 platinums and 8000 trophies, their 10th and 20th platinum, and 1500th trophy seem arbitrary to display in comparison to what they have.  Sure, at one point those make sense, but not after they get to that point.  Which is why imo its better the old way.  

1 hour ago, ScooloV said:

New search engine doesn't allow to find any games with e.g. "&" in it's name.
Try looking for "MIGHT & MAGIC CLASH OF HEROES" - it'll search only for "MIGHT"
https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=MIGHT & MAGIC CLASH OF HEROES

try searching for "MIGHT %26 MAGIC" instead...

seems like the search query doesn't get url encoded correctly, which should be fixed ;)

1 hour ago, Mar said:

*Milestone Snip*

I had to pause the game I was playing to read this one.
I understand the Milestones at the start is a good boost for new trophy hunters and I get why we should leave them in there, it does look a bit odd for a profile like Roughdawg4 (Rank #1) as the MIlestones really thin out.
I try and plan ahead for these milestones (Until a timestamp issue trophy came along and pushed all my normal trophies up by one) but with these lower ones this was not the case but I can deal with that.
The main issue I have with the new system is the fact that your normal trophy milestones become a 5,000 trophy gap instead of the 1,000 gap and if the cause for this is linked with the new plat setup then I am supportive of the old system.

At this stage my plat Milestone is at 25 gaps so I can plan ahead for these ones.

It's a very minor thing but the ranking changes and points to next PSN level that you see when hovering over the the stat on the top of your profile only works on the main profile tab.

On the trophy log, advisor, stats tabs these three functions don't work.  It will say 0 points to the next PSN level and say 'since last week' when hovering over the rankings.

Noticed that the Country Rank on my profile is now Red even though there has been no change in the last week.  Is that normal? Would have been green previously so said I would just check in case its a bug rather than a design decision. 

Sorry if this was asked already, this thread is HUGE and I could not see it already mentioned :-(

It's not an issue, it's a good thing, but I don't know where the hell else to put it, but anyway, thanks for finally letting flagged users be able to see which trophies they have when checking out a guide. I used to have to have 2 tabs open to keep track of it, one for the guide, and another for the trophies I was actually going for.

Now let's get that dispute flag thing up so I can cry one last time about LittleBigAsshole 2, eh? :D