New Site Update Issues

Parker

4 hours ago, Mar said:

EDIT: Just viewed a profile with 10,000 trophys and 223 platinums. No milestones actually disappear. I see no issue here. It looks balanced out nicely. Seems the system may peak at 1000 per trophies and 25 per platinums, as 25 per remains the gap/ms even during and through the 200 mark. I can then only assume the 1000 trophy ms will remain to. Every 10,000 trophies being a milestone would be pretty crazy after all.

You need to view one with more than 10k. Like Fisty said, under the new system, you won't get a trophy number milestone until #15,000. That's a pretty huge leap, and I also would prefer the old format of having one for every 1,000 trophies I earn. 

I have one minor issue on the old site it would keep your trophy order under alphabetical if that's how you last had it same with the other options however it now always reverts to last played.

the old way was much better as it was down to personal preference. is there any way of changing this ?

• Like 3

Hi.

Maybe it's me, but I think the recent forum post box is slightly larger than the one next to it and doesn't line up properly.

update looks great though, on pc at least. I tend to use iPad for web stuff and I must say the homepage is a bit clunky, with 4 big boxes in the left and 2 smaller boxes on the right.

still a great site for me.

6 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Relevance Argument:  When someone has, lets say 178 platinums and 8000 trophies, their 10th and 20th platinum, and 1500th trophy seem arbitrary to display in comparison to what they have.  Sure, at one point those make sense, but not after they get to that point.  Which is why imo its better the old way.  

Cute quote. Assuming THAT is true, this would explain why others are upset and I am not, because I misunderstood the system/complaints. I was under the impression this was an immediate rewarded system upon obtaining thing, like once someone attains their 10th plat, itd be recorded right then in there.  If the system works as some sort of weird badly delayed compensating proccessing then Ill probably join the other complainers.

@fisty123 Assuming this is true as well, I think thats definitely pushing it. Every 5000... The system is assuming were all no life trophy hunters and are all trophy hunters who buy a new game every week and earn trophies everyday. Ridding every 500th eventually, makes sense, thus auto making it every 1000th, but then increasing to every 5000?

So assuming those complaints are true, im going to have to say the new trophy milestone system is flawed and bad. I do want to know how people like you have found out about this complicated system though, because it requires moderate research to find something like this out.

When i try to update a profile that has all trophies hidden, it gives me an error saying "[Person] has no trophies or their trophies are private", in the old site it'd add the user to the site even if their trophies were all private, but here it just gives me this error, i'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work though

Also, when searching for a game in the games page using the exact title (i.e Final Fantasy XV), it shows a bunch of other games instead of just FFXV. In the old site if i did something like this it would only show the FFXV lists, and not lists with the word "final" or "fantasy" on them.

• Like 1

Sorry if this was already mentioned, I just don't have time right now to read through 18 pages of posts lol.   Trophy cards seem to no longer be dynamic in posts.  They are static at the time of your post and don't seem to change to reflect your current card state.

Scratch part of that last statement, it doesn't reflect your activities at all, this trophy card is the same as the one on my first post after the update, they aren't changing at all, even after changing its settings.

Edited by DerelictSoul
saw my trophy card at end of post and...

17 hours ago, Heroman25 said:

Sorting by percent no longer sorts your 100% completed games by last played which is good, but now it just sorts them randomly. Again, idk if its supposed to be like this, but I would prefer if it sorted by which game had the most trophy points like the old days.

It was actually sorted by total trophy point value, if several games were at the same percentage.

I did prefer this one, too. I kinda got used to the idea, that Driveclub is always on top, because it has most points, and then the other 100%s in order down to the least amount of points.

Now all Platinum+100%s are sorted before all no-Plat-100%s, even if some no-Plat's have more points.

I hope, the old sorting is coming back at some point :)

Edited by dalailama1989

4 hours ago, SDB--1982 said:

I have one minor issue on the old site it would keep your trophy order under alphabetical if that's how you last had it same with the other options however it now always reverts to last played.

the old way was much better as it was down to personal preference. is there any way of changing this ?

Agreed

only minor things but the Games tab now defaults to latest games rather than alphabetical and does not remember your preference

Used to prefer it when all the games for each letter were on one page too as easier to scroll right through

2 hours ago, Mar said:

I do want to know how people like you have found out about this complicated system though, because it requires moderate research to find something like this out.

I think it was Stevieboy that first mentioned it, in a status update. But all you have to do is check someone's profile, who has 20k or more trophies. It's now every 5,000 once you hit 10k. :/

1 hour ago, dalailama1989 said:

It was actually sorted by total trophy point value, if several games were at the same percentage.

I did prefer this one, too. I kinda got used to the idea, that Driveclub is always on top, because it has most points, and then the other 100%s in order down to the least amount of points.

Now all Platinum+100%s are sorted before all no-Plat-100%s, even if some no-Plat's have more points.

I hope, the old sorting is coming back at some point :)

Youre right. What I meant was, right after the update, all 100% games were sorted by last played. This was fixed sometime in the last two days, but now it sorts the games randomly.

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I'm not sure if this is a site issue since the update but here goes. The day the new site launched when I would click on the games list tab at the top it showed a number for recent players. Since then I haven't seen it. Is that coming back or was it not meant to be there?

I see it on my end:
zKPDGZA.png 

Did you clear your browser cache?
And what browser are you using? For me with Chrome it work.fine. I guess Firefox? Because I installed it to test this and there it doesn't seem to load.

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I see it on my end:
zKPDGZA.png 

Did you clear your browser cache?
And what browser are you using? For me with Chrome it work.fine. I guess Firefox? Because I installed it to test this and there it doesn't seem to load.

I don't see what you are looking at. I'm talking about when you click the games list at top of the page and selecting a letter. It then showed a number for recent players and the total amount of players for particular game.

Like on the home page for the most popular games it shows the recent number of players. It was something like that.

5 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't see what you are looking at. I'm talking about when you click the games list at top of the page and selecting a letter. It then showed a number for recent players and the total amount of players for particular game.

Like on the home page for the most popular games it shows the recent number of players. It was something like that.

Sorry, I thought you mean that box as it doesn't work on Firefox. So you mean this?

https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=popular
ZfkC3QQ.png

I can see those info regardless of the browser. Maybe it only shows up if the resolution is high enough? It seems like the minimum width for the window needs to be ~1400 pixels.

• Like 1

I don't see a reason to remove the average rarity, as it is a measure to work towards. However inaccurate, it is still something besides amount of trophies, platinums and trophies a day.

I acknowledge the fact that there is no way to do it accurately, and if people abuse the system, so be it. Still it's somewhat a measure of completed difficult games.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ionstorm777 said:

I don't see a reason to remove the average rarity, as it is a measure to work towards. However inaccurate, it is still something besides amount of trophies, platinums and trophies a day.

I acknowledge the fact that there is no way to do it accurately, and if people abuse the system, so be it. Still it's somewhat a measure of completed difficult games.

Totally agree, put average rarity back on the site please B)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Sorry, I thought you mean that box as it doesn't work on Firefox. So you mean this?

https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=popular
ZfkC3QQ.png

I can see those info regardless of the browser. Maybe it only shows up if the resolution is high enough? It seems like the minimum width for the window needs to be ~1400 pixels.

I'm using Microsoft edge on a lap top. I don't know how to tell the resolution.

Average rarity have been out for a long time now. And I was getting into the Rarity aswell. And it will show how many easy games people are playing. And harder games for getting low Rarity which. My goal was getting it down to 42.00%.Avarage rarity. Played too many easy games before. And doing everything higher then 3/10 Difficulty games to get it closer to 42.00%. But now it's removed i dont know what to go for anymore. Going for Completion % isnt enough for me    

1 minute ago, Tomy_IV said:

Average rarity have been out for a long time now. And I was getting into the Rarity aswell. And it will show how many easy games people are playing. And harder games for getting low Rarity which. My goal was getting it down to 42.00%.Avarage rarity. Played too many easy games before. And doing everything higher then 3/10 Difficulty games to get it closer to 42.00%. But now it's removed i dont know what to go for anymore. Going for Completion % isnt enough for me    

You can still view your Average Rarity on your Statistics page. It is an odd removal from the stats, though. 

5 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

You can still view your Average Rarity on your Statistics page. It is an odd removal from the stats, though. 

I never knew there was a statistics page. Should be visible on the front page. The average rarity that is.

Edited by ionstorm777
typo

1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

I'm using Microsoft edge on a lap top. I don't know how to tell the resolution.

Edge = Windows 10?
If so, you can check by going here:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4910-screen-resolution-display-change-windows-10-a.html

You may also check on what value the slider for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items on this display" is set on. Even if your display resolution is larger than than the minium width of 1400 it may be too small to see everything as everything is enlarged. But it's rather likely that the slider is set to a value above 100% as it's the default for most laptops.