Did FFXV live up to its hype?

Alantor32

Just now, deepwater324 said:

Yes, that's exactly it. It's a comedy goldmine over there.

Sweet, it's nice to see people mock that awful site for its legion of trolls and corrupted moderators. Say, do you know Romangelo? The guy who is in love with Toriyama and the XIII games and bashes anything Nomura related and FFXV related?

As a huge FF fan, I've thoroughly enjoyed the game so far.

There is so much to do from hunts, to fishing, to side quests, to strolling across the land listening to"One-winged Angel" in your decked out ride to exploring the vast lands. Content-wise, this game is worth the price tag.

Also, the fighting mechanics are pretty fun, and despite the hold :circle: to fight. If you try to fight every enemy unscathed, rather than just overpowering them, it makes for some really fun fights.

I've played a lot of FF ( Tactics, tactics advanced, 3, 4, 7 a little, 8, 9, both 10s, 12, 13 series, and 15), and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Yes yes and yes. I would personally give the game something like an 95/100 score. There are really only a few little things that could be improved in my opinion, but all in all I'm having a blast. I loved the story, had some really good surprise moments and I even cried at a scene close to the ending - so emotional!

The game also bursts with content. I'm at 82 hours playtime atm, I have level 99 and I'm sitting at some really hardcore endgame dungeons. There are also be soooo many more hunts I could do and fish I could catch. I love how many stuff is just hidden away, with close to none hints towards its existence. Makes adventuring really worthy in this game!

• Like 1

I honestly didnt have much hype for it at all, I've grew up on final fantasy, but the last few weren't great, and I feel square enix are all about the money not about the games now.

But I was really suprised to be honest, I thought I'd hate it but I loved it

On 13/12/2016 at 5:17 AM, Z1MZUM said:

I've played a couple of hours and loved the experience so far, I'm so close to Skyrim Platinum though so it has to wait a little bit.

I made sure I did mine just before release =P

• 6 months later...

Well if I had to measure the hype expectations from the community of the FFXV Official Forum (now closed) I would say: No.

On 10/12/2016 at 2:46 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Also, as an aside, Motomu Toriyama is one of the problems with FF, and certainly not its solution. That guy's like a Japanese Zack Snyder or something.

That's funny, I love most of Snyder's movies.

XIII series...ehh. Didn't enjoy XIII (Lightning was the only redeeming thing for me there), XIII-2 was ok - good soundtrack - great antagonist. Yet to play Lightning Returns.

Edited by Eraezr

I expected more to be honest whilst i enjoyed myself a lot playing the game and had a great time i constantly felt something was lacking throughout the experience from launch which was the DLC stories they are now slowly releasing just would have been nicer to see it in the game as when you buy it straight off just feels the other characters do not get the attention they deserve. I personally found every other character more interesting than Notics because by the end of the game i could not give two shits about Notics and his problems but was fascinated more by his band of merry men.