StrickenBiged's occasional Premium givaways

StrickenBiged

8 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

I'm wondering how you're all going to get on with this one... Hopefully some of you will see what to do. Maybe I've finally come up with something that will keep you occupied for more than an hour? xD

I'm going to be away from my PC for a few hours now, but I'll check in on mobile to see how things are going. 

(There are no clues in this post by the way, don't waste your time trying to analyse it. ;))

I have an even bigger puzzle I need to figure out but I'm still thinking of solutions to your.

I need to figure out who two major, MAJOR financial institutions have recently decided to completely calculate things differently and how to reconcile a course of action based of that. It's only a few hundred million dollars unresolved though... no big deal or anything. Oh and it's going to get worse daily until it gets resolved. Neither of these puzzle are what I thought I'd be working on today...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I have an even bigger puzzle I need to figure out but I'm still thinking of solutions to your.

I need to figure out who two major, MAJOR financial institutions have recently decided to completely calculate things differently and how to reconcile a course of action based of that. It's only a few hundred million dollars unresolved though... no big deal or anything. Oh and it's going to get worse daily until it gets resolved. Neither of these puzzle are what I thought I'd be working on today...

They say that one should never assume malice when stupidity will suffice, but could fraud be an answer to your puzzle? Cuz I've worked on a case where fraud was the solution to a similar conundrum - the guy doing the maths in the middle was skimming both parties.

18 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

They say that one should never assume malice when stupidity will suffice, but could fraud be an answer to your puzzle? Cuz I've worked on a case where fraud was the solution to a similar conundrum - the guy doing the maths in the middle was skimming both parties.

Stupidity. The offending institution has taken responsibility, but they've had YEARS to get their stuff right and now are going to take (hopefully - their word) two more days to resolve things from that point on. But now I have to clean up all the wreakage done in their wake.

So 24 hours have past and after carefully analyzing the picture for 2 hours with the help of Wikipedia by using that to cross-reference the letter patterns while using the “?” as a guideline to make sense of it. I have come to the conclusion that I still have absolutely no idea what anything means. Well done @StrickenBiged!

• Like 1

Ok, so here are some clues, in response to @Danny_Johansen, spoilered for those that don't want them:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

carefully analyzing the picture for 2 hours with the help of Wikipedia

Don't over-analyse the picture. What is pictured?

10 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

to cross-reference the letter patterns

You won't find a pattern unless you know how to move.

11 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

while using the “?” as a guideline

Looking at the ? might be a good starting point. 

• Like 2

Just now, FFHannibal said:
  Hide contents

I'd guess the ? is an H, the only word I've found with that is Honor.

Spoiler

There are lots of words that could be made there.  F could make FROM, B could make Bono, C could make Crow.  I think the ? is the answer to the question.  I bet it is the end of the chain, not the start.

1 hour ago, StrickenBiged said:

I'd be interested to know how you got that result, but no, I'm afraid it's not correct.

Please don't laugh. :)

I thought I got the question, "Wheres ??????"( i don't want to specify cause it sounds dumb but I googled it and it has result so I tried it anyway) 

Now I have here "Who knocked busted" and "who knock on norse" but can't get it to end in the ? plus it don't have the Z on it so I think I'm still on the wrong way. And it really sounds dumb LOL

Edited by reckscollie
Added more dumbness
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Nice find! I wish that was true, but no, sorry, not this time.

I didn't think it was right tbh, but it was my best shot.  Well done sir it has beaten me.  I could carry on making sentences all day long but I don't think any would be right.  My final thoughts if it helps any one solve it are :

Spoiler

Is the fact that there are 6 knights in the picture significant?  i.e is it maybe only 6 knight moves to make.

Fun fact: I thought I had it when I started spelling out WORST STOR (but couldn't reach the M) - we had storm Doris in the UK and I started thinking you might have been caught up in it and was asking the community what their experiences were.  :blink:  That's when I thought I better stop now.