Are modders welcome in Gaming Sessions?

13 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Please don't tell me you just compared the use of illegitimate modding, to boosting via game sessions. Please

IN THIS CASE what you are essentially doing is speeding up the boosting, it is very comparable indeed.

Look, if people want me to not help others with the Wanted trophy then I won't, as I said I just wanted to debate the topic as mature adults in a mature manner which is starting to fail. 

I'll let Sly decide what to do in the case of the Wanted trophy. I'll stick to whatever he says.

Edited by damienjablonski
More info
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, damienjablonski said:

IN THIS CASE what you are essentially doing is speeding up the boosting.. 

Look, if people want me to not help others with the Wanted trophy then I won't, as I said I just wanted to debate the topic as mature adults in a mature manner which is starting to fail.

No, not at all. You could say that for any and every mod that "helps" towards trophies. It's not speeding up at all it's just plain and simply giving them the trophy. Mods that auto-pop trophies and mods that help towards trophies are just as bad. Unless you do the entire thing without using something that's not in the game, then there's no reason to feel proud when that trophy pops. 

I don't understand how someone that spends so much time boosting via game sessions to earn a trophy, can be put in the same category as someone that mods to earn it in under 10 minutes. 

57 minutes ago, nenugalimas said:

Youre using external tools that arent part of a game to 'force' certain outcomes. That isnt considered a genuine way of obtaining trophies. Its no different to auto popping. You can continue to argue over the fine details claiming that "Its only mods bro" but it doesnt change what is considered to be cheating. 

I agree with this, I think there is a certain line between boosting online trophies & using in-game glitches which is ok imo and manipulating a game using external tools to your advantage.

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Modding is also against sony's terms of service and can get your console banned permanently, whereas boosting can be frowned upon by some communities, but is in no way against the rules or TOS

100% this. Using glitches and other methods to obtain trophies are okay as no external programs are used. Just tricking the code in the game to pop the trophy. Mods to pop a trophy are never okay even when they're no longer obtainable.

• Like 1