How was your gaming year?

ab4h4r4k1

2016 is coming to an end so I was wondering how everyone did this year? How much love did you show to your consoles? Go to your Statistics and check out from January 1st until the date of your reply. Also, tell us what was the best game and the worst game you played in 2016 (it doesnt need to have been released in 2016). In my case:

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1568 to 2029
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 313 to 454
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 97 to 152
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 12 to 34

:yay: Best game I played: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel
Everything on this game resonated with the RPG player in my heart. This series is incredibly underrated for all the lore and plot it has, not to mention the charismatic characters and their interactions.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Conception 2 - Children of the Seven Stars
The game is boring. Simple. It is not hard, graphics are so-so, music gets annoying and there is little to almost no sense of progression.

EDIT: Oops, I wrote the data from January 2015! No wonder it looked like I played like there was no tomorrow... :angel:

Edited by ab4h4r4k1
  • Like 3

I already love this thread :blush:...

Well, since some of my trophies are missing timestamps, I'll figure a way on how to solve this problem.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 357 to 478

:silver: Silver Trophies: from 101 to 150

:gold: Gold Trophies: from 23 to 31

:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 4 to 8

My Gaming year (or what it'd be mostly called "Trophy Hunting" year) hasn't been as fun as I thought it would be. Most of my time was interrupted by school. If it wasn't for that, I'd be having like maybe 30 Platinums by now and maybe over 1,000 trophies.

:yay:Best game I played: WATCH DOGS

Not my first time playing it this year, but I just loved it. I loved the way I got back to it and earn the Platinum, I enjoyed getting the :bronze: Social Lubricant trophy as well. One of the best Ubisoft games that comes to my mind. Once I get a PS4, I'll get WATCH DOGS 2.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: MINDJACK

Yes, it was the worst game I played... But eh, who cares? I got the Platinum, and let it out of my brain because it was chained up. I would say that the online was awesome, I did it with a friend. The only reason I got the Platinum, is because I bought it regretfully. So, I had to do something to it, to forget it ever existed.

• Like 1

Seeing that 2016 is my first year with a ViTA & PS4 (Just got a PS4, yay!), here's my year:

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 3 to 172
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 0 to 19
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 0 to 6
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 0 to 0 :(

Best game I played: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation

One of the main reasons why I wanted a PSViTA was the Neptunia games, & I won't disappointed. So far, I put over 200 hours, greater than the second game. Still trying to 100% it's post game right now. This game also introduced me to other game series like The Legend of Heroes.

Worst game I played: MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
Not really a bad game to me, but compared to Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleashed, a previously style in it's hack 'n slash gameplay, it lacks what it had, it felt like a downgrade. The story was also not as good & funnier from the last, & it's such a shame because I love Blanc.

I've already lost the number of platinums/gold/sliver or bronze i got this year :P

:yay: Best game I played: Rise of the tomb raider (Was the game in which i wanted very much to get platinum and i managed to make all the trophies)

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Emily wants to play (boringgggg ) :)

Edited by Goddess_Noire

biggest year of platinum rate, 46 plats. my other years since 2012 have been substantially lower but right now 129 plats. idk if i can end the year with 130, depends on what i get into lol. next year i want to try for 150 plats. i might tone it down a bit next year though, maybe... xD

i've had quite a lot of fun, but other times tired out lol.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1316 to 1669
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 286 to 365
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 94 to 119
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 15 to 20

:yay: Best game I played: Final Fantasy XV
The 10 year wait was totally worth it.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: No Man's Sky
Boring af.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 2

My year was kind of repetitive, lol. Lost access to my previous PSN ID, forcing me to make a new one and re-playing some games i've done before. Unfortunately i lost some Platinum trophies aswell, because of server shutdowns in combination with online trophies. I'm currently playing inFamous 2 and I'm hoping I can earn the Platinum trophy before the end of the year.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 0 to 674
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 0 to 237
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 0 to 102
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 0 to 21

:yay: Best game I played: This is actually a hard question for me. I liked Until Dawn. I love the inFamous series. The Order: 1886 was also great to play. Heavy Rain had a pretty intense story. But I think I'm gonna go for Life Is Strange on this one. It was a long time ago since a game made me lose a tear, haha.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: This has to be The Bunker. A wonderfully tense atmosphere and a superb story. All let down by the restrictions of "Live Action Interactivity", also known as point-and-click. It's a shame, because the story deserved a lot better.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1295 to 2061
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 408 to 713
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 142 to 279
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 38 to 69

:yay: Best game I played: God Eater 2 Rage Burst

Such an amazing game, I loved it.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

I didn't hate the game, but it was definitely the weakest in the series to me.

• Like 2

Pretty good year for me! 

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 6131 to 7407
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 1451 to 2134
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 437 to 601
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 103 to 156

:yay: Best game I played: Until Dawn

I thought it was a very well made game, the story was just captivating

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: I don't think i hated any game this year, but if forced to choose, I'd say Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Was the worst of the series, but even then it was OK.

Ever since Overwatch came out i kinda stopped trophy hunting. It's so fun playing that game with friends and the competitive mode is great! So 2016 is definitely an amazing year for me, i got to play Uncharted 4, Mirror's Edge Catalyst and now i have a MP game that i'm always coming back to. I was going to start FFXV when it released but i'll wait until Januray for it, that's when i'm back from my vacation trip.

I got 25 plats this year, that's interesting because i never keep count of these things, i just play, you know?

I promise I've done things other than trophy hunt this year. Pinkie swear.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1693 to 3737
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 619 to 1442
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 182 to 533
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 26 to 86

:yay: Best game I (re)played: Transistor

My favorite game of all time; great strategic gameplay that allows for plenty of creativity, coupled with an outstanding story, incredible art direction, and a top-tier soundtrack. I wanted to earn its plat on my birthday and for it to be my 64th plat and trophy #5000, which is why my numbers shot up so drastically. Worth it 100%

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Lords of the Fallen

"Everyone loves Dark Souls so let's make it slower and clunkier!" -Someone high up at CI Games, probably.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1879 to 2842
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 765 to 1202
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 194 to 368
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 44 to 70

:yay: Best game I played: Transformers Devastation  Love Transformers and the fact they wen back to the G1 universe. It was also one of my hardest and rarest platinums of 2016.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Orc Slayer never ever again will I play something like this garbage. I am not even going to play the other region for the platinum. It was just terrible bottom line.

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 1

Well God Eater made me think it sucks but it's not and it is very enjoyable so that's one of the game I recommend people playing but I know you didn't like it that much @ab4h4r4k1 :giggle:

But of course me as a big fanboy of the show enjoyed this game for 2016.

tumblr_inline_nbwr1csoDH1sl7n1d.gif

Can't put FFXV yet as I am not finished with it but I am very much enjoying it.

Lol and for trophies pls. I just started collecting them this year. Them sore eye Toukiden and Disgaea 5 though. I need to get back to them >.>

47 minutes ago, Behemoth Balls said:

Hit a home run with a lady friend :eyebrow:

request-five.gif

6 minutes ago, Ken Kaneki said:

Well God Eater made me think it sucks but it's not and it is very enjoyable so that's one of the game I recommend people playing but I know you didn't like it that much @ab4h4r4k1 :giggle:

Quite the opposite. I did like God Eater, but it wasnt the challenge I thought it would be. And when I am hunting, I like to stare in the eyes of my quarry - since God Eater heavily relies on guns, I cant do that a lot. B)

• Like 2

My gaming year is not over yet, I intend to get at least one more platinum before it ends. Probably more, I have a lot of free time around Christmas. So... I'll probably post here again close to the end of December.

It was a great year so far.
My current progress is as follows:
:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 2230 to 3081
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 709 to 964
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 228 to 312
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 53 to 77

I played 17 games on PS4, 9 games on PS3 and 7 games on PSV.

:yay: Best game I played: Dark Souls III
The multiplayer was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in games ever. It's especially fun when playing with friends and actually planning things when being invaded or fighting tough enemies.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Goat Simulator
Flappy Goat... It's basically Flappy Bird with a goat and crappy controls and hit detection. It killed my motivation to go for the platinum. There's no need to make any progress before I get that out of the way.

Edited by viech54

I like this topic :).

My progress so far (1/1 to 10/12)

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 2096 to 2755
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 578 to 796
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 152 to 234
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 25 to 33

:yay: Best game I played: The Last of Us Remastered
I played Persona 4 Golden 'till January 3rd only for one last trophy so I won't count that one (it is my favorite game of all time). This year I played The Last of Us for the first time though. What an epic experience. I was excited to finally play it and it was 100% worth it. I'm super hyped for The Last of Us Part II. 

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Gone Home
Might even be one of the worst games I've ever played. What a piece of crap. The 'story' is boring and there isn't a single aspect in the gameplay that's even a bit fun. Going for the trophies was awful, even though it only took +/- 2 hours. Please, to anyone who hasn't played Gone Home yet: don't play it.

• Like 3

I didn't bother with trophies up until February this year. As far as I remember what started it was the collectables in GTAV. Collecting those was a great way to explore the map and took me to some pretty neat places that I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise, I realized how trophies could influence exploration, different styles of play, more importantly most of them were fun to get. I could've earned a few more, especially platinums but I operate with a "when the fun stops, stop" policy.

:bronze: Bronze: 252 to 528

:silver: Silver: 46 to 146

:gold: Gold: 8 to 51

:platinum: Platinum: 0 to 8

Best game: Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater. Easily the most fun I've had platinuming a game so far. I honestly didn't mind having to replay a third time after screwing up my second run. The third and final run was the most anti-Metal Gear run possible, basically nothing more than me running through the game with the patriot equipped. I reached the end of the game in a little under two and a half hours :lol: There's a chance Assassin's Creed II might overtake this, I'm having a ton of fun with that right now. 

Worst game: I honestly can't pick one. Generally I do a lot of research before I decide to buy something so I don't waste my time with a game I won't like, as a result I don't own any games I dislike :P 

Have had the most fun in years but the least amount of time to play, maybe the two are related? Have a few weeks off at the end of the year, might push for 60 plats!

This year I have been playing many different games at once and coming back to (good) games that I stopped playing because a newer release displaced them in my gaming time. Have been more selective with my purchases - while the collector and completionist in me hurts NOT to have ALL the latest games, I enjoy concentrating on games I definitely want to play.

54 plats from 24. Sitting on 5-6 games that are very close to platinum but I don't really feel like going for them yet.

Best game: Rainbow 6 Siege

Worst: Oxenfree - saw the 'twist' a mile off, hated the story and characters, the hype probably spoiled it for me too

I was very busy on my college this year but I still have a blast on my gaming. When I'm on my Christmas break, I'll improve my trophies... probably.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 5,241 to 6,222
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 1,574 to 1,933
:gold: Gold Trophies: from from 397 to 583
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 95 to 136

:yay: Best game I played: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. As much as I hate getting those medal, I had a blast playing and grinding to make a almost perfect Digimon. 

:rolleyes: Worst game I played:  Nothing so far.