How was your gaming year?

ab4h4r4k1

Alright I guess, I only made this account midway through this year though, but it seems ot be the best I've done with any account.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 0 to 321
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 0 to 111
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 0 to 58
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 0 to 8

Best game I played: Entwined or Trials Fusion probably, although I am having fun with Digimon Story.

Worst game I played: Deadpool, without a doubt. I hate it. I want to finish it one day but goodness knows when that will be.

:bronze: 1711 to 2777

:silver: 392 to 508

:gold:113 to 149

:platinum: 33 to 42

I didn't play much this year, and when I did a lot of time was sunk into one game that I didn't finish. I'd like to get up to 45 platinums before 2017 starts, but we'll have to see. Best game I played was Disgaea 3, although not counting something I've already played, I'd say either World of Final Fantasy of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. Worst game was hands down Sorcery Saga.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1058 to 1795
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 399 to 732
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 123 to 226
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 28 to 52

I went from 81.4% to 84.83% (87.90% with hidden motion sickness inducing games) in average completion and from 43.27% to 46.12% in average rarity.

:yay: Best game I played: Severed

I played a lot of games this year but Severed was the one that left the strongest impression on me. I was fun from beginning to end with a well-balanced difficulty and a few challenging battles. The story was interesting and the gameplay was fun. I never got bored playing this game.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Xblaze : Lost Memories

Xblaze : Lost Memories is the sequel of Xblaze : Code Embryo and I don't even know if you can really call it a sequel. You meet the only new character, Nobody, while being lost in a weird dimension (and you will see nothing of that dimension except a blue background behind Nobody) and you try to find a way out. Every two seconds, you'll get flashbacks from the first game and those flashbacks are 90% of the game content (and I'm being really nice here). So basically, the game is "let's play Code Embryo and have Nobody entertain us from time to time". It was a huge waste of money.

I platted a lot of games this year, I almost doubled the number of plats obtained (+24). Sometimes it was fun and sometimes it was very frustrating. I'm never satisfied until I get that shiny plat and my friends and family have asked me several times already why I kept playing if it makes me that angry. "It's just a game". "Yes, it's just a game with a 5.38% plat rarity and I will have it!" I have often asked myself what was the point in being so stubborn about trophy hunting but I'm always getting back to it the very next day. Being a completionist can be really hard.

I'll probably buy a PS4 next year, once I'm done with everything I wanted to play on the PS3.

Edited by Myu
  • Like 1

That's a cool Topic and i'll write my statistics even if we still have 3 weeks to get trophies and play xD

:bronze:Bronze Trophies: From 4470 to 4908 (+438)

:silver:Silver Trophies: From 1302 to 1603 (+301)

:gold:Golden Trophies: From 425 to 477 (+52)

:platinum:Platinum Trophies: From 93 to 104 (+11)

:yay:Best Game I Played: Well it depends, Online Definitevely Overwatch Game of the year for me, i was so happy when i got it after watching it dsince the first day of the beta :3 While for Offline and story i Would honestly Say Xcom: EW (Since FFX i just needed 2 Trophies not the story), such a wonderful Game, i am so happy i got to know it thanks to who i follow on YT, one of the best strategic game ever, can't wait for the second one to finally drop down as price :3

A Special Mention to Dark Chronicle, Best Rpg Of the Year of course :D

:rolleyes:Worst Game i Played: Tomb Raider Anniversary, Without any doubt! Oh god just check what i said on my Checklist and that tells everything i won't repeat myslef, one of the worst game i've plaied which is amazing considering i loved Legend and Liking a lot Underworld!!!

A Special Mention to J-Stars Victory + For the Delusion game of the year, i was expecting far better from it instead is rather boring and force you to use always the same moves to win...

And That's it for me so 802 Trophies i Think if i did my math right. Wow More than i thought, i guess the arrive of Ps4 with a lot of trophies in September and october really did a lot for this numbers to grow up xD And even 11 Platinum, i thought i got like 7-8 :lol: Anyway for me Quite a good year, i still have wayyy too many games not only to play but to clear, i started a lot of titles this year still to concludeor even to just begin seriously. But my Target was Finally 100 (Being 93 Last year and 89 the year before -_-) platimus so i'm happy and quite satisfied.

It Was a quite Good Gaming year even if i could have done a lot more with my Vita, i didn't plaied theer a lot :(

But compared to the last year where i paused for like 5 months and got just 4 Platinums this year was Majestic xD

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1858 to 3454
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 585 to 1058
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 209 to 398
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 40 to 100

:yay:Best Game I Played: Definitely The Last Of Us Remastered. Its simply one of a kind, unique experience and probably my favorite game of all time. ^_^

:rolleyes:Worst Game i Played: If i i have to pick, i'll go with White Night. Story was boring and meh, i just didn't enjoy playing it. Good thing its short :P

So, i guess, pretty solid gaming year so far :P  :awesome:

Edited by Whyfire
  • Like 2

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: From 3844 to 5007
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 1415 to 1956
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 412 to 600
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 96 to 143

:yay:Best game I played: Dark Souls III
The souls series is very special to me, so after the disappointment that was Dark Souls II, I was very happy to learn Dark Souls III was a much better game. I loved every second of it, from exploring all the dangerous new areas, to fighting tough bosses and invading other players. Awesome game.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
While I didn't exactly hate this game, out of everything else I played this year, it's got to be the worst. I love the mainline R&C games, but this one didn't play much like those. It just felt like stripped down version. I was getting pretty bored when playing solo, but it was kinda fun when playing co-op at least.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

It was pretty good.

Best game: Doom. It was pretty much everything I expected it to be and hope it gets sequels that are even more brutal than the last.

Worst: Probably Just Cause 3 because of how frustrating it was mechanics wise.

I started to finish off all the online trophies this year.

Gained 17 platinum's this year which include.

Battlefield: Bad Company 1 & Tom Clancy's Endwar

2 platinum's I never thought I would get.

:yay: Best game I played: DOOM. DOOM is my favorite game fancies I was very hyped about the game. Until last year's E3, I kinda was meh. But still I was hyped, when I finally played it I couldn't get enough out of it.

I have to say that 2016 was also a year filled with disappointing games.

First XCOM 2 which was very buggy then the 2 biggest disappointments of the game came and I can sum both of them up in 3 words "need to rush", The turn based part was timed and you barely had time to finish the missions which gave it more a roll of the dice then a strategic gameplay. The worst of all was the geoscape DOOM counter. Basically it's one big counter saying game ends in ** turns unless you can capture a facility which is on the other side of the map so you must upgrade your facilities, except you don't have enough money.

Then came Deus Ex: Mankind Divided which was riddled with micro-transactions, bugs, 1 hub and 4 other locations and a short story. :S Also a tact on game mode called Breach which is basically just boring game mode filled with micro-transactions. Also it has always online DRM on the PC. :rolleyes: Why do games that don't have a online mode need to be always online. O yes so that Square Enix can collect data the whole time. From how many times you shot somebody to how many times you jumped. It's kinda ironic that Deus Ex about shady corporations and here we have a corporation spying on us.

Then some people recommended the Jak & Daxter Trilogy and Spec Ops:The Line.

Jak & Daxter Trilogy are just awful with forced humor (literally and figuratively), horrible camera, horrible music choices and a lot more especially Jak & Daxter 2 that game can go **** it self.

Spec Ops:The Line was meh. Yes, Americans are the bad guys. Other then that it wasn't really special. Well except that I quit when I reached a part where I couldn't progress because of this stupid sequence on chapter 5 or 6.

But still

:rolleyes: Worst game I played:  Battlefield: Bad Company 1. This game has been a tumor on my trophy hunting life ever since I played it. After I platinumed it. I smacked it to the floor and just trash talked it for about 30 min. Never going to play that game ever again.

Other then that I am really glad that I am almost completely done with game where I need to play online without boosting. Just need some trophies for Ghost Recon Future Soldier and to start with Battlefield 3.:yay:

Then again I still need to self boost Far Cry 2 all manuals, Warhawk (currently doing), Red Faction Guerilla 5k kills and Riddick 10k kills and 1k wins.

Edit:
Since ^ has mentioned Just Cause 3 a game that I really like except it's so buggy. I don't know where to place it. I hate it but like it as well. :S I only needed the DLC achievements but I ended up 100% the whole game again.

Edited by Doomsdayman

:bronze: Bronze from 1185 to 1859

:silver: Silver from 365 to 542

:gold: Gold from 107 to 171

:platinum: Platinum from 20 to 37

:yay:Best game Furi

:rolleyes: Worst game probably some ps plus game not that any I played were terrible.

My target number of platinums for the year is 18 and so far I've got 17 so got until the rest of the month to get one more. Been through a bit of a trophy crisis since September though :hmm:

(EDIT) Also hit 50% completion and 2 new rarest platinums (BO3&Furi)

Edited by olliebear66t

Bronze: 3751 to 4862

Silver: 1169 to 1504

Gold: 442 to 607

Platinum: 109 to 150

Best game: Fallout 4 was amazing, and loved the re-imagination of Ratchet and Clanks since I've played every single release

Worst game: Orc Slayer, awful game but only 4 quid so doesn't matter too much :)

Target was to get to 150 platinums for the year and got there by getting a game I started on the day I got my 1st plat in Killzone 2. Just need to stop having long breaks from playing games to gain more trophies consistanly

• Like 1

"Ok, so by the end of this year I need at least 40 platinum trophies or it will be a bad year of gaming for me, let's see how it's going..."

tSIovbR.png

OK WE ARE GOOD, NO NEED TO PANIC

LET'S KEEP THIS GOING

but my hand hurts...

• Like 1

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 582 to 1223
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 107 to 268
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 15 to 93
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 1 to 20

:yay: Best game I played: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Game of the Year Edition)
I kept wanting to play this game but was slightly intimidated by how 'big' it is, as I don't tend to get to game as much as I would like. It's absolutely fantastic and I love the world and characters but I do feel slightly insane for trying to play it on the Death March difficulty right off the bat. :lol:

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Not a bad game at all and I appreciate the concept but I had to pick one and went with this. Although beautiful and I found the story intriguing to begin with, it was very slow paced and I just felt like I was waiting for something more to happen and it never really did.

A really good year for me!

:bronze:Bronze Trophies: from 1434 to 1875

:silver:Silver Trophies: from 342 to 538

:gold:Gold Trophies: from 53 to 167

:platinum:Platinum Trophies: from 5 to 21

:yay:Best game I played: Driveclub

This game has become one of the best racing games I have ever played in a long time.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: ZOMBI

I don't want to play or see that game again in my life, it is just awful. I still don't know how I managed to get the platinum without diying (in real life and in the game)

But there are still three weeks until the end of the year from this post, maybe I can improve that number, or not?

Bronze: 528 to 963
Silver: 166 to 315
Gold: 66 to 125
Platinum: 12 to 23

Best game played: For now I'd say Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel as well, but I haven't beat it's sequel yet so that may change.  Definitely will be one of those two.

Worst game played: Sadly, there's a few too many potential picks here.  In the end, I'd probably give it to Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1.  Why?  Because I don't enjoy the humor and fanservice and I'm also picking it because of the games I disliked from this year, I also feel it was given the fairest chance to impress me since I did get its platinum trophy.

Otherwise I feel it was a good year on PSN at least.  I made a huge dent in my backlog here and if I keep at the rate I'm going, I could feasibly eliminate it within 1-2 years.

Edited by ladynadiad

Well, lets see...

:bronze:Bronze Trophies: from 4958 to 5845

:silver:Silver Trophies: from 1509 to 1800

:gold:Gold Trophies: from 538 to 656

:platinum:Platinum Trophies: from 113 to 141

Total: from 7118 to 8442

I tough that I had more platinums this year.. still I think that I will get at least more 1 or 2 before the end of the year (Hitman Go is my currently playing vita game, and there's several other quick and easy plats in my backlog, but FFXV isn't allowing me to play much of anything else if I'm close to my PS4..).

I will refrain from saying what's my best and worst, because I played quite a few crappy digital games (still without platinum) and did enjoy quite a lot of games (including the replay of Valkyria Chronicles and Rogue Galaxy, but then there's also FFXV, Disgaea 5, Ni no Kuni, Life is Strange, Steins;Gate and World of Final Fantasy, all games that I really liked, or am still playing and really liking..).

:bronze:Bronze Trophies: 5881 to 7801

:silver:Silver Trophies: 1092 to 1429

:gold:Gold Trophies: 209 to 300

:platinum:Platinum Trophies: 24 to 36

Best game I played: I'd have to say the best game I played this year would be DOOM, holy shit was that a fun experience for a FPS, I haven't had that much fun with a FPS in a long time, probably since I played DOOM1 and 2 on PS3 haha.

Worst game I played: Homefront The Revolution, I couldn't play this longer than a hour and I just had to get it out of my possession. That was a game I probably would never go back to even if I was given it for free.

:bronze:2491 -> 3308 (817)

:silver:782 -> 989 (207)

:gold:211 -> 306 (95)

:platinum:67 -> 90 (23)

Best Game I played: I would say Dark Souls III although Battlefield Bad Company 2 comes very close in second. DS III because I just love this series and spent almost 4 months just playing this one game over this year, and BC 2 because I had great time playing with my friends online, it was a blast!

Worst game I played: WRC 5, went  for this title since I played in 2015 WRC 4 but as I didn`t like much WRC 4 I thought maybe this one will be better....it turned out to be even worse, so definitely my vote goes to WRC 5.

Will try to get one more platinum before the end of the year, i.e. in the next two weeks as that much time I have before I rest my joystick and begin my family time during holiday season. 2 plats in each month seems for me as a successful year!

• Like 2

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1254 to 2239
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 599 to 981
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 137 to 277
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 37 to 72

Considering I start trophy hunter in late 2014, the pacing looks the same as last year.

Best Game:  Bloodborne The Old Hunter & Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator. 
Bloodborne is easy my favorite soulborne game and GGXrd got me hours of online time versus others, should start getting all the offline trophies soon :lol:

Worst Game: The Order: 1886, The Order's control was clunky and slow, long tedious waling sequence with the back of the character cover 1/3 of the screen I can't even enjoy the environment. Lucky the game was short.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1312 to 2523
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 544 to 919
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 100 to 236
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 11 to 37

:yay: Best game I played: Overcooked
I just love this game so much! Partially because my wife (non-gamer) loves it to so we get to play it together but it's just complete co-op multiplayer fun. I wouldn't advise it single player but it's so much fun with other people. Honourable mentions to others I've enjoyed: Ratchet & Clank, Tearaway, The Wolf Among Us, Stiklbold!, Transistor and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Actual Sunlight
Waste of time, even at only an hour long. I...just...there are no words.

As with lots of other people on here, I've still got a few goals I want to accomplish before the year is out. Hopefully make it to 40 platinum trophies (Unravel, PSABR and The Lego Movie Video Game/Color Guardians are looking like the ones). I've also just broken a 100 day trophy earning streak, so hopefully keep that going a bit longer now. All in all, 2016 was a good year for me!

Edited by booshy_89

Been a pretty decent year from a trophy hunting perspective ...

• Currently on 120 platinum's up from 65 as of 1st Jan
  • Currently PSN level 30 up from level 22 as of 1st Jan
  • Country rank of 62 for Ireland up from 241 as of 1st Jan

Might get to 125 platinum's and level 31 by year end.  Also, every game I started this year I have 100% so far.

19 Plats, my first concerted effort since making the switch from Xbox a few years ago. A lot of my time was spent playing some old classics and indie games, which are a big reason why I jumped ship. Overall a pretty fun year, and I still have to pick up a load of AAA titles that I've had my eye on.

Best game: Probably Divinity Original Sin

Worst Game: None really, however that NBA2K16 2% completion isn't changing anytime soon lol.