How was your gaming year?

ab4h4r4k1

My year I think was pretty good for me.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1,069 to 2,014
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 332 to 623
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 113 to 215
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 24 to 45

Looking at my numbers, I almost doubled every category (and no this is not my second year of playing, I had my PS4 since December 2013). Also, I am nearing 55% completion, which is cool since I was down around 40% at the beginning of the year, so I am improving there as well. Overall not too bad, for me at least.

My worst game of the year: Digimon All-Star Rumble. It was just.....terrible. I can't figure out what is good about it or why I should go back and finish it.

My best game of the year: Ratchet and Clank (PS3). I know this game is super old, but I never had a PS3 and just got one this year. I have enjoyed many classics, and I would have to say this was my good old-school fun one that I thoroughly enjoyed.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 2,689 to 4,055
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 672 to 1,070
:gold: Gold Trophies: from from 175 to 351
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 35 to 63

I played a lot this year, and obtained the most platinum trophies within a year that I've ever obtained. Last year, I spent a lot more of my free time watching anime, but I've mostly grown bored with that medium now, and only watch 1-2 episodes every day, or every other day or so. I went kinda mad with gaming back in October half term, earned over 330 trophies in that month I believe, which is my current record for most trophies earned in a month. I hope to get through my backlog a bit during my 3 week winter break as well, but I don't imagine I'll be gaming quite as much since I actually have quite a few outings planned this month, unlike back in October where I basically just stayed indoors throughout the whole of half term, lol.

:yay: Best game I played: Probably Digimon Cyber Sleuth. While the story wasn't brilliant, it was one of the best and more addictive JRPGs I've played in quite some time. Runner ups go to Dark Souls 3, The Last Guardian and Pokemon Sun.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Probably Battleborn. There's been a lot of disappointing titles released this year (namely Mirror's Edge, Deus Ex and Dishonored 2), but Battleborn was a game I actually struggled to enjoy all that much. It was a blast for the first 2-3 hours or so, then it just became a tedious mess that I never wanted to play again.

I started my Gaming Year 2016 with 325 Platinum Trophys. Now i m on 765 Platinum, which was over 1 Platinum per Day. I was expected a Platinum output of 365 for 2016, got a bit more now, but that was not my real Goal. I don t care that much about the Number of Plats i got.

:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 325 to 765

My Real 2016 Goal was to complete all Call of Duty Games to 100%. CoD is my absolute Favorite Gaming Series. Now, the Year is close to be finished, but i had to say, my Goal is Failed. I done this Year CoD Black Ops 1, Black Ops Declassified, Advanced Warfare PS3 and PS4 and Infinite Warfare but i also unfinished with World at War and Black Ops3.

Best Game:

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Hardest Game:

Trials Fusion, Advanced Warfare because of last DLC

Worst Game:

No idea, so much Crap this Year, I love mayo is close to the worst Game ever ^^

It's been another good year. I'll fill in final details after the new year begins, but I have currently gotten 48 plats (with 49 just waiting in the wings). I'm going to try to hit 51 by year's end, so I can hit 200 (it would also match my plat total from last year). Also, I managed to knock out a couple of old games that have been on my list for years (Uncharted 2 and Enslaved, which took around 7 years to plat).

Best game is hard to pick yet, but worst game is easy: My Name is Mayo (although, now that I think about it, Everybody's Gone to Rapture might give it a run for its money, since Mayo at least has the decency to be about an hour long).

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 2982 to 3877
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 810 to 1092
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 251 to 359
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 71 to 99

:yay:Best Game I Played: This one's hard to pick, maybe Dragon Quest Heroes (with Tales of Xillia a close second). I didn't include games I've already played on other consoles before in my selection (Resident Evil, Valkyria Chronicles), but they are two of my favorite franchises.

:rolleyes: Worst Game I Played: NBA 2K17: The Prelude. I'm not into basketball games, the last one I played was in early 2000's on PC. It was free and easy 100%, but I didn't much like it.

Overall this was my most productive year and it's not over yet!!!

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 3196 to 4076
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 728 to 1207
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 196 to 272
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 54 to 72

Overall, this has been a pretty slow year for gaming since I was barely around PSN until August. Without starting the Team League, I probably wouldn't have made much progress at all this year. Oh well. The second half of 2016 was fun trophy-hunting wise, so I can't complain.

My favorite game of 2016 by far is Omega Quintet. The music is great, and every single character is at least somewhat likable (Nene = best girl). The story, while simple, is still good with all of the cool cut scenes. I think part of the reason why I like it so much is because it's for PS4, meaning I can only play it once every month or so. It has become something I look forward to nearly every time I'm home, and I can't wait to finally finish it.

My least favorite game of 2016 has to be Orc Slayer. You can read more about what I think of the game here, but it's basically just a trophy dispenser with sub-par mechanics to say the least.

Kinda mediocre. Spent most of the year playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and Overwatch on PC. Only got 6 platinums or so...

Total lack of time and motivation to keep chasing trophies recently, mostly due to stupid missable, online and glitched trophies in some games.

Lots of interesting games for 2017 though, like ME Andromeda and Red Dead 2, so I hope those bring me back to enjoy trophy hunting.

Edited by JuniorF30

From the time-span of December 14th, 2015 to December 12th, 2016 (roughly a full year, numbers collected from PSN stats):

:bronze: Bronze: From 1,003 to 1,373

:silver: Silver: From 123 to 167

:gold: Gold: From 19 to 31

:platinum: Platinum: From 0 to 2 (Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and My Name Is Mayo)

Year In Review:

For the most part, I have been messing around with various games over the past year or so. I achieved my first ever platinum trophy this past June after collecting everything in Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and collected my second one last month after jumping aboard the My Name Is Mayo bandwagon. For the most part, there were a few games that I didn't play much as the year went on, which has resulted in my terrible 22.7% completion rate as of today (plenty of games with a D or lower rank achieved in terms of trophy collecting). Still ashamed of myself that I gave up on The Witcher III: Wild Hunt after only playing it for eleven hours and never got around to playing Overwatch online, even after purchasing the game (messed around in offline matches against AI, never bothered playing online due to fear of sucking/people getting mad at me like they did in League of Legends). Overwatch remains as one of several games that I currently have an embarrassing F-rank on (0% trophies), even after putting 10 hours into it. Will I ever play Overwatch online one day? Perhaps, but until then, my copy of the game sits on the shelf with most of my other games, collecting dust as I neglect it. 

In addition, I am not a trophy hunter by nature. I just play these awesome games and collect whatever trophies fall my way as I make progress in each game. Depending on what % I am at with a game (trophy-wise), I'll decide if the game in question is worth investing all of my effort into in order to collect the platinum trophy (something I have only done twice).

Favorite Game I Played In 2016:

Fallout 4 (loved exploring the in-game world and creating new weapons with the workshops. Beat the main story, nearly all of the side content, and played most of the DLC offerings through several characters with over 400 hours invested into the game). I don't play it much anymore (busy with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition and Final Fantasy XV nowadays), but I still love each and every time I play it.

Least Favorite Game I Played In 2016:

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (the main game with the single player content is decent, but the online multiplayer mode is god-awful and a far cry from the MP I enjoyed in COD4:MW, MW2, and MW3. The Zombies mode is cool, but quickly gets old). Outside of playing the single player content, I have pretty much given up on this mediocre game. Sucks that I had to pay extra and get the Legacy Edition in order to play COD4: Modern Warfare Remastered, along with the fact that you can't play the game without the COD:IW cd in the system.

Edited by MossyOakRcn42

This is my best year collecting almost 1000 trophies, I could have had more but I took my sweet time playing my favorite games fallout 4 and skyrim

:bronze: Bronze 2755 to 3346

:silver: Silver 645 to 841

:gold: Gold from 223 to 348

:platinum: Platinum from 15 to 21

:yay: Best game I played: this year its Deus ex Mankind Divided

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: I dont know,  probably some indie game that was free on psn this year

Edited by VaultDweller

It's been a solid year for me. 23 :platinum: to date (can get 2 or 3 more I reckon, tossing up between 2 short ones or a longer one before I start on FFXV). Doesn't top 2014's 28 Platinums, but it's still a rather consistent effort (last year was around 23 as well from memory).

Favourite game(s): It's a toss up between MGS V Phantom Pain and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I held off on both of these until I'd played (or read up) on it's previous material, and got to them both one after the other around mid year. Boy was that a good time of year! If I had to pick one, I'd say Metal Gear Solid, despite not getting the Platinum for it (I plan to go back and platinum all the Metal Gear Solid games, which is why I left Phantom Pain set up with enough to play to do so when I play through them all again one by one). I just absolutely fell in love with the series based on this game, and I already loved it after playing the previous games. It's game play was absolutely spectacular, I've played nothing quite as refined as it before!

Least favourite game(s): Sadly, I'm gonna have to go with Sly 3 on the Vita. Sly 1 I loved when I played it (last year, I think?), but 2 and 3 haven't sat well with me. I'm still yet to finish Sly 3, as Pokemon came out and got in the way. :P I'll force myself to finish it, as I currently have a spotless record on my Vita (Arkham Origins is NOT a Vita game, and Attack on Titan I played on PS4). Fahrenheit is another that I ended up not enjoying too much - for the record, I was fine until the Hard Difficulty trophy glitched on me (and I struggled with some of those QTE's), and now I absolutely hate the game. F*** you Fahrenheit.

What I am still looking forward to this year is finally hitting 2.00 trophy per day average! When I first found this website I was only 0.81, but I can't say how long ago that was. I've only been trophy hunting since about 2012, but I was playing on my PS3 since 2008, so it's been a lot of catching up to bring my trophies per day this far. I'm sure to hit it in the next couple of days, as I've been on 1.99 for a good amount of trophies now!

Edited by LukaLaurent
added paragraph
  • Like 2

On 12/10/2016 at 8:44 PM, Rose_Dark said:

I've already lost the number of platinums/gold/sliver or bronze i got this year :P

:yay: Best game I played: Rise of the tomb raider (Was the game in which i wanted very much to get platinum and i managed to make all the trophies)

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Emily wants to play (boringgggg ) :)

Don't worry, I got it for ya ;).

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 769 to 2,463

:silver: Silver Trophies: from 436 to 920

:gold: Gold Trophies: from 164 to 398

:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 32 to 81

Wow, that's a big progress you got there! Even I couldn't make it :lol::lol:. I think this thread was made too early, because some of us are still earning trophies, even though we've already posted. This thread should've waited until December 30 (at least). I'm gonna re-post on the 31st to get the accurate amount of trophies I've collected throughout the year.

:D 

• Like 1

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 872 to 1386
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 172 to 272
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 48 to 83
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 8 to 14

:yay: Best game I played:Ratchet & Clank
I loved everything about the game, the weapons, the characters and the humor, it's my favorite PS4 game.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Goosebumps: The Game

Just a boring game, crappy gameplay, shitty puzzles (if you can call them that) at least the platinum was easy :P

I have no idea about numbers but i had a bunch of games from my casual play of not trophy hunting which was 70-90% games to finish off so i got a fair bit of plats this year,

Best Game Played: Batman Arkham City

Epic game in for comic book fans 

Worst Game: Lords of the fallen

Trash as hell boiiii

Preliminar status of myself:

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 5.818 to 6.571 (and counting...)
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 2.171 to 2.474 (and counting...)
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 619 to762 (and counting...)
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 117 to 137 (I want to get exactly 25 Platinums in 2016, like 2012, 2013 and 2015...)

Best game I played: I could say Disgaea 5 (best game from Disgaea series until now), but technically I've started it in 2015... If I choose a game that I've started in 2016, probably will be Rayman LegendsHatsune Miku: Project DIVA X or Megadimension Neptunia VII

Worst game I played: Actual Sunlight (I'm not good with that type of deep stories, so I just skipped texts - but this game is annoying for those which are only there for trophies...)

Honorable mention about 2016's goals/achievements: Mugen Souls' platinum (I still don't know why I decided to get this platinum no matter what, but at least I'm proud of myself for having it - Sometime I will plat' Mugen Souls Z too... :D)

I just stayed on my own average... But I'm happy with it - for a person who work 5 days per week, my "trophy-per-day" number is still incredible...

Dec 14th, 2015- Dec 14th, 2016

Bronze: 780- 1953

Silver: 188 - 567

Gold: 36 - 158

Platinum: 9 - 48

Best game: Getting tired of saying this but Mirror's Edge. 

Worst game: Goat simulator... Worst thing I've ever spent money on. Runners up: Shadow of mordor on ps3 because it ran like crap and with an abysmal ending bossfight with just QTE. Prince of Persia sands of time: perhaps it hasn't aged well plus with the many audio glitches I've experienced. Demon's souls: I know I should git gud but it doesn't change the fact that I disliked it.

I've still got some time to get a plat or two to reach perhaps 50. And who knows; Mirror's Edge Catalyst could take its place as best game for 2016. If not, perhaps 2017 ;)

Edited by poopooblast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

I think this thread was made too early, because some of us are still earning trophies, even though we've already posted. This thread should've waited until December 30 (at least).

That is not a problem. I am working on some old games since I didnt buy any new one, so my list will have a few new trophies as well. Overall, the replies have been really interesting and that is what I wanted to see.

• Like 1

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 4,002 to 4,958

:silver: Silver Trophies: from 1,194 to 1,683

:gold:Gold Trophies: from 394 to 468

:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 81 to 106

That's one of my biggest busy year of gaming so far! :o The stats say so: I earned 25 :platinum: in the course of this year! I am at one platinum from matching my 2015 record. If I want to, I could clear the remaining games I left off to boost my Platinum count but it doesn't really matter. There are other games I want to play for fun.

Favorite Game I Played In 2016: 

Simply Overwatch!:yay:This game was just amazing in every level! The addictive features added to this team based FPS. The characters are such great of personality and varied, it gives you the envy to play with every single character and master them all. The art design is such amazing and colorful. The music is amazing. Overwatch is simply the best Online game I have played for years! And it's the game I have played the most hours for many years since CS:GO, I have double the time played on my PS4 AND PC versions combined (probably close to 200 hours!). And Overwatch is one of my proudest Platinums I have ever got since I got every. Single. Trophy 100% LEGIT, NO BOOSTING! :jaymon: Every single difficult trophy unlocked was a satisfaction! I have never felt such joy and satisfaction for years! Really (despite that I hate online trophies) this game brought this old feeling of satisfaction and victory of a trophy unlocked, I haven't felt this for years! Good job Blizzard! And I'm thrilling to play this game again when new heroes and trophies would come in the future!

Least Favorite Game I Played In 2016:

I could easily take My Name Is Mayo as the most ridiculous and pointless game ever this year. xD But the game I hated the most was Reality Fighters on PS Vita, got it free for PS+. And I must say that I'm not into Fighting games at all. While graphics are decent, all the rest is mediocre. The fighting styles and moves are so lame, using the camera and gyroscope is mandatory and so bugged that it feels the camera lives its own life no matter hard I try to make the console stand still. The grinding for the last trophy was boring. Without mentioning that the Story mode, characters and humor are such bad tastes and stereotypes are so forced. Icing on the cake, every single trophy are just images of the PSN Trophies! Such lazy developers! :angry:

Pretty solid year in the trophy hunt for me, took a while to get going but managed to clear some of my older backlog (Tomb Raider DE, AC: Rogue) and get through a couple of sizable games.  Played a fair mix of different games this year across all three systems.  Starting to leave the PS3 behind a little, the Vita is now very much my 2nd console after the PS4.

Probably still time this year to finish Volume and playthrough the Batman Telltale for a couple more plats, while working on the Battlefield 1 campaign.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 3383 to 4796
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 1303 to 1720
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 340 to  528
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 72 to 112

:yay: Best game I played: The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt.  Excellent all round, tonnes of free DLC and two very good expansions.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: No Mans Sky: Lack of any depth and the only challenge was pure patience having to grind out find all the animals on a planet way too bland.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 3753 to 4482
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 1036 to 1508
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 335 to 444
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 75 to 96

:yay:Best game I played: I loved Ratchet & Clank on PS4, but I may have to choose LEGO Dimensions. Despite some concern over the fact that the game is designed to be a money sink, I love the way the base story levels cleverly wove together all those IPs. I'm also a sucker for LEGO so that helps. Runner-ups are Tales from the Borderlands, HDN Rebirth 2 and 3, Bastion, Volume, and Batman Arkham Knight. I for one loved AK, including the DLC (which I do agree was kind of overpriced, but I still liked it and at least it was substantial). 
:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Either Star Trek Online or Disney Infinity 3.0. I forced myself to finish Disney Infinity because I love Star Wars, but the core gameplay just sucks and I'm not a "creative" gamer so I have no interest in building stuff in games like that. Still, I'm sort of proud that I stuck with it (especially that stupid 20 multiplayer matches trophy in a game with terrible matchmaking) and got it in before the servers were shut down. Star Trek Online was the same terrible experience it was on PC, so I decided it wasn't worth torturing myself. I will forever have that game 1% completed with the single tutorial trophy, as a monument to the shitty pile of crap that the game is. 

I did pretty well this year, considering I work 40 hours a week (plus around 3 hours of commuting each day), have a wife and a toddler, and have to do shopping/errands most weekends.

One of my more important personal accomplishments was clearing out a few old games I've had for ages. I finally Platinumed AC Liberation, which I have had since I bought my Vita over 3 years ago. That Platinum only took me 3 years, 2 months. :) I also finished Tales from Monkey Island and Costume Quest on PS3. Okay, it's only 3 old games that I cleared out of my backlog but that's a lot for me. I get easily distracted by newer games. My proudest Platinum this year was Ziggurat. I really liked the game but it had some tricky trophies. At 3.06% rarity, it's my rarest Platinum and 3rd rarest trophy (the other 2 are from games without Platinums, neither of which I have 100% for yet). I don't go for rare trophies specifically (just look at all my LEGO Platinums :lol:) but Ziggurat is one game that apparently a lot of people gave up on (one of the trophies was glitched for several months so that might explain it). 

As far as disappointments, I was hoping to hit 100 Platinums but it looks like that will happen next year. I also played very few PS+ games this year, despite "buying" them all. That's an area where my free time has prevented me from exploring games that in the past have often turned out to be unexpected gems. But now I don't even have time to get to all my purchased games, let alone the PS+ ones. I need to put more effort into controlling my backlog. Not only do I have tons of games on PSN, my shelves are also filled with games I've never played. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 2

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 2,531 to 3,061
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 1,062 to 1,317
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 319 to 457
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 62 to 84

:yay: Best game I played: Gosh. I think it has to go to The Witcher 3. I haven't platted it yet, but I'm working on it from time to time. It's a long project. Probably the very best RPG I have ever played. DOOM and The Witness are strong contenders too. 

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: As much as it pains me, it has to go to No Man's Sky. It just wasn't ready for full release, there's no other way to say it. Putting aside the controversies about whether Hello Games promised X/Y/Z features, what we got was unfinished, pointless and, after an initial sense of wonder and awe, repetitive and boring. I really hope they can continue to develop the game and make it the product it could have been.