How was your gaming year?

ab4h4r4k1

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1,098 to 1,502

:silver: Silver Trophies: from 234 to 323

:gold: Gold Trophies: from 77 to 105

:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 11 to 20

Best Game: I plat'd Alice the Madness Returns on PS3. I started it long ago and abandoned it at the sailor area. I gave it another go this year, lovely game. <3

Worst Game: I plat'd LEGO Marvel Universe in Peril on PS Vita. I hated it so much when I first played it, and finally stuck myself to the line "I have to finish this game THIS year" just be done with it. Whew! :devil:

Proudest Game Finished: I plat'd Terraria recently, that has been a grind, I did it slow by myself, pretty much, [I love digging, thanks be to that.] Terraria goes on playable entirely for fun now! :angel:

In Spite of the Hate: I love mayonnaise, so yes, I played My name is Mayo twice, PS4 and PS Vita. :P

I have whittled my backlog down some, but still have a huge system of mountains to get through in the future, and I can't resist starting/buying new games. I'm so normal. :giggle:

Hopefully I'll play something full before the end of the year, maybe a few things. Hoping for great times ahead!

• Like 1

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1635 to 2768
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 435 to 1055
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 154 to 262
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 28 to 54

Best game: Final Fantasy XV; Haven't even finished it yet, so that should say a lot. Been taking my time with it because my TV should be coming today or tomorrow and then I can blast through it in full enjoyment.

Worst game: Amnesia: Memories. Wouldn't have even finished it if I didn't pay money for it.

• Like 1

I think I had a pretty prolific year! As always happy gaming everyone ?

Dec 14, 2015:
Bronze: 2,245
Silver: 606
Gold: 150
Platinum: 29

Dec 14, 2016
Bronze: 2,992
Silver: 811
Gold: 226
Platinum: 45

Best Game: Witcher 3. That game is amazing.

Worst Game: I do not usually plat games I am not fond of. ;) The worst game I've played this year: No Man's Sky. It not necessarily a terrible game but rather unfinished. Hopefully future updates will make this title a full fledge game.
Edited by vanillamoose

Asides from a few games here and there this year has almost exclusively been about tackling my backlog. The first half of the year this was games that were already on my profile and not finished. Once I'd got that to a level I was happy with I moved onto games I owned but not started. In terms of trophies 2016 equated to... 

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: 1927
:silver: Silver Trophies: 639
:gold: Gold Trophies: 241
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: 56

Best game : Bioshock Infinite. Totally lived up to the hype for me. I own the PS3 version via PS+but decided to plump for the PS4 version for the best experience. Fell in love with the setting and the characters and the game was pretty good too! I can totally see my self double dipping and playing the PS3 version at some point

Worst game : Escape Dead Island. The game was a total mess. It had some nice idea's but utterly failed to achieve any of them

Best year ever for me. 40 plats in a year is a new record for me.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 3978 to 5281
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 1060 to 1494
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 327 to 470
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 78 to 118

Best game i Played: The Last of Us, now its my favorite ps3 game.

Worst game i played: Goat simulator, i dont see the appeal of this game, plus screw Flappy goat that was awful

• Like 1

Great for me! I'm now 702 days into my 2 year trophy streak and I'm 1 platinum away from 50! I managed to 100% a game on the leap year day this year (Tales from Space: Mutant Blob Attacks), another one on my birthday (Xeodrifter) and the other on Halloween (World Gone Sour)! :D

Best Game: Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning

Worst Game: The Jak Collection (Vita)

Edited by merciful84

Not too bad of a year. Didn't make most of my personal goals but still had a ton of fun 

:bronze: Bronze trophies: From 2791 to 3304

:silver: Silver trophies: From 818 to 934

:gold: Gold trophies: From 204 to 278

:platinum: Platinum trophies: From 34 to 46

Best game I played: Firewatch. Game of the year hands down for me. Oxenfree and Assassin's Creed Syndicate were also high points for me this year. 

Worst game I played: Zombi. Just terrible. 

• Like 2

Major step forward for me compared to last year.

Bronze - 1,042  to 2,213 

Silver - 245 to 636

Gold - 52 to 198

Platinum - 9 to 36

Best Game: Steins;Gate - The best VN I have ever read and it got me hooked on the anime. Looking forward to picking up Steins;Gate Zero after Christmas!

Runner Ups 

• The Last Of Us - Beautiful and gripping story. I was hooked in by the first chapter and I have yet to complete my second playthrough. Looking forward to the second one!
  • Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood - How did I wait so long to play this? I'm a history nerd and the setting was phenomenal but what topped that was Ezio and following his story. I plan on playing Revelations in 2017 to conclude the story. 
  • The Wolf Among Us - My first telltale game and it won't be my last. I can still remember certain scenes and the characters are relate-able and unique with a compelling story. 
  • Uncharted 4 - Gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. After a long four year wait for a new one, this delivered on all levels. 
  • Life Is Strange - Time travel? Photographs? Sounds bizarre but I actually always wanted this idea to be explored and I wasn't disappointed.
  • InFamous: Second Son - I still prefer Cole but the side characters and free roaming Seattle made this another great entry in the series for me.
  • Until Dawn - It was just like watching a bad horror movie but the characters made it a great treat during Halloween. 

Worst Game (S): Oh god I have a few I'd like to talk about.

• Spy Hunter - Terrible controls, bad graphics, overly sensitive, and cheap sound. Despite it being an easy platinum, I refuse to go back to it.
  • Magus - If this was 2002 and on the PC, I would think it was the greatest game ever. It's not
  • Paranormal Pursuit: The Gifted One - My contender for the worst voice acting in a video game. The actual mechanics and story are very intriguing but the voice acting makes it unbearable to listen to!
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Bland story, generic characters, average multiplayer. This has killed my interest in the series and I don't plan on getting Infinite Warfare unless someone convinces me to. 

Biggest Game Disappointments:

• Far Cry 3 - I admire this greatly and I enjoy the characters but I did not get use to the controls and it left me frustrated on multiple occasions. Proper motivation may bring me back to it.
  • XBLAZE Code: Embryo - I set my expectations to high as this was my first VN. Touya was a poor protagonist and the story is a bit jumbled. I won't mention the sequel. 
  • Aegis of Earth: Protonovous Assault - This was not the game I thought it was going to be. As its a tower defense game, it doesn't have much variety and I got bored of it after a week of playing. The voice acting repeats constantly and gets annoying quickly and overall I just felt it was to easy and not worth all the grinding it offered.
  • NORN9: Var Commons - Ok I'm still playing this but I'm no that impressed. Some of the characters stories are fine but others are just predictable and fall flat. Not the worst VN but not up there with the best. 
  • Like 1

I travelled back in time to the PS2 and the PSP this year to attack my backlog and knocked out a few games before moving on to some PS3 games. I'm never quite satisfied with the amount of games I get through but I've really enjoyed some of the games I played this year!

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1420 to 2098
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 404 to 589
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 97 to 165
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 9 to 20

:yay: Best game I played: I've got to give it to Final Fantasy XV this thing is an amazing undertaking and should get even better with patches (looking at you Chapter 13) and DLC but honourable mentions to Child of Light, Table Top Racing, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Faery: Legends of Avalon for being awesome too!

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: .Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, game was decent but plagued by a game-breaking glitch corrupted save data forced a second play through. Maybe a little TLC and $$$ from the devs in another sequel could restore it's reputation but I doubt that will happen.

16 hours ago, poopooblast said:

Dec 14th, 2015- Dec 14th, 2016

Bronze: 780- 1953

Silver: 188 - 567

Gold: 36 - 158

Platinum: 9 - 48

Best game: Getting tired of saying this but Mirror's Edge. 

Worst game: Goat simulator... Worst thing I've ever spent money on. Runners up: Shadow of mordor on ps3 because it ran like crap and with an abysmal ending bossfight with just QTE. Prince of Persia sands of time: perhaps it hasn't aged well plus with the many audio glitches I've experienced. Demon's souls: I know I should git gud but it doesn't change the fact that I disliked it.

I've still got some time to get a plat or two to reach perhaps 50. And who knows; Mirror's Edge Catalyst could take its place as best game for 2016. If not, perhaps 2017 ;)

Woah, you actually had 9 Platinums last year like I do now? And boom! You're at 48. That was a quick move, dude! Good luck on getting your 49 and 50 Plats! :D

9 hours ago, Eli-Te-497 said:

is there any way i can check how many bronze , silver , gold , etc...  i had a year ago if i didnt write it down?

I believe no one actually write down this info.... Anyway, go to your PSN Profile and click on Statistics. Scroll down to Trophy Progression and just point your mouse in it: you will see how many trophies you had on the day your mouse arrow is pointing to. Hope it helps a little.

6 hours ago, ee28max said:

Woah, you actually had 9 Platinums last year like I do now? And boom! You're at 48. That was a quick move, dude! Good luck on getting your 49 and 50 Plats! :D

Thanks! :D yea I spen so much time playing this year, especially the summer. I admit though I didnt do Anything productive unfortunately but I got to play a lot :P.

11 hours ago, Eli-Te-497 said:

is there any way i can check how many bronze , silver , gold , etc...  i had a year ago if i didnt write it down?

Go to your profile page, and click on he statistics tab. Then, you'll see a bunch of pie chars, graphs etc. Click on he one that shows your trophy timeline and the date you want. It'll tell you exactly.

https://psnprofiles.com/poopooblast/stats for example like this.

• Like 1

Since we're talking gaming, and not just on one platform, I'll include some mention of my Steam games.

This year on Steam, I managed to pick up quite a hefty handful of games, many of which I simply haven't had time to play. Either due to work (At home and at work places) or gaming on PS3/PS4/Vita. I did enjoy a lot of what I did play on Steam though, particularly Battlefleet Gothic: Armada and XCOM 2. Both of which, got me pumped/excited to play XCOM 2 on PS4 and Space Hulk: Deathwing, whenever it comes out on PS4 too. Speaking of games that jumped from Steam, to my PS4 library...

Bastion, one of my favourite games on Steam, became available on PS4, and I had a blast playing and beating it. Adding it to my Trophy Room. Hopefully I'll add Transistor to the Trophy Room in 2017 too. This year I made a effort to clear up my backlog of games, I had a lot of titles that were near completion, but I just hadn't been able to push myself that little bit further to finish them off. Also despite my best efforts, I still ended up starting a bunch of titles, and then going off to play something else. 

This year has been a Tomb Raider / Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid extravaganza. In between these games I've been working on Super Street Fighter 4 Trials (currently 22/35 done)

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1580 to 1908
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 480 to 601
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 131 to 176
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 37 to 49

:yay: Best game I played: Hmm, overall it could be MGS3, loved the narrative. MGS4 grew on me the closer I got to the platinum, MGS2 I have a fondness for from years gone by. Also got to say the re-imagining of Tomb Raider was fantastic and the gameplay of DMC1 and DMC3 was exhilarating.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: DMC2, others did warn me that this was a bit of a flop but I was playing the trilogy and although it wasn't great I'm still glad I've experienced it.

Next Year: I begin my PS4 journey. I'm currently concentrating on my 50th Platinum to be SSF4, after then I want to experience some of the great games on the PS4 including:

The Last of Us Remastered

Bloodborne (as well as Demon Souls and Dark Souls on the PS3)

Resident Evil (not played it since the 90's, excited to revisit this remake)

Batman: Arkham Knight

DMC4

Mortal Kombat X

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Until Dawn

Alien: Isolation

Would also like to finish the last few unfinished games I have on the PS3 as well as Dragon's Dogma and finally begin Kingdoms of Amalur that's sat at 0% for about 4 years!

On 15/12/2016 at 2:16 AM, katniss1444 said:

Not too bad of a year. Didn't make most of my personal goals but still had a ton of fun 

:bronze: Bronze trophies: From 2791 to 3304

:silver: Silver trophies: From 818 to 934

:gold: Gold trophies: From 204 to 278

:platinum: Platinum trophies: From 34 to 46

Best game I played: Firewatch. Game of the year hands down for me. Oxenfree and Assassin's Creed Syndicate were also high points for me this year. 

Worst game I played: Zombi. Just terrible. 

congratulations Katniss. Firewatch was indeed very cool :)

• Like 1

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1895 to 2366
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 426 to 520
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 86 to 119
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 5 to 11

:yay: Best game I played: I guess I'll go with Uncharted 4. Love the series and I replayed 1-3 with the HD collection before it released.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: I guess I'll go with No Man's Sky. I enjoyed it while I played it but it was underwhelming based on my expectations and I put off on trophy hunting for better games.

Since I don't see anything major releasing anytime soon for PS4 that I want, I'm hoping to hit up a backlog of free/cheap PS+ games or clean up my trophy backlog. Grind out X and X-2 HD remaster trophies, finish Skyrim and DLC, finish up NMS, etc. I got a few PS2 on PS4 games to go back to for trophies as well.   

I need a life. :P

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 4,201 to 6,945
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 1,548 to 2,474
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 495 to 901
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 104 to 198

:yay: Best game I played: One of the best games ever made: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. 

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Beach Buggy Racing.. Probably the worst grind I've done for a Plat. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

On 14/12/2016 at 1:17 PM, ee28max said:

Don't worry, I got it for ya ;).

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 769 to 2,463

:silver: Silver Trophies: from 436 to 920

:gold: Gold Trophies: from 164 to 398

:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 32 to 81

Wow, that's a big progress you got there! Even I couldn't make it :lol::lol:. I think this thread was made too early, because some of us are still earning trophies, even though we've already posted. This thread should've waited until December 30 (at least). I'm gonna re-post on the 31st to get the accurate amount of trophies I've collected throughout the year.

:D 

I'll hire you to be my assistant ! good work bud :yay:

My gaming year could've been better if my PS4 didn't break down and I was busy a certain periods during the year.

Progress (Dec 19, 2015 - Dec 19, 2016):

:bronze: Bronze ~ 208 to 705

:silver: Silver ~ 42 to 194

:gold: Gold ~ 4 to 51

:platinum: Platinum ~ 0 to 12

Best Game: Demons Souls. Even though this game can kick your ass for simple mistakes, I loved it the most this year. Sure most of the bosses where simple to kill but I experienced a lot of enjoyment from this game and the creativity in the game kept increasing the level of excitement and enjoyment.

Worst Game: Beyond Two Souls. It's not some much as to the mechanics of the game, but more to the story of the game. The story was so boring and it wasn't engaging at all. When I was doing the massive grind to get all the clean up trophies, I was annoyed that I couldn't skip cutscenes or credits. Even though Heavy Rain is a pretty similar game, I felt that the game was way better and more engaging.

Edited by Kingphisher_IX

Though I earned my first trophy way back in 2008, 2016 marked my first year as a 'trophy hunter', or as someone interested in doing what was necessary to hear that lovely ping.  I'm bookmarking my year as 12/21/2015 through 12/20/2016.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 353 to 1749 (+1396)
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 60 to 688 (+628)
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 9 to 204 (+195)
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 0 to 41 (+41)

PSN Level: from 7 to 19 (+12)

Since I played a lot of games this year that qualify for consideration in both the best and worst categories, I will use the trophy system to name my top four in each category.

Best games I played:

:bronze: Bronze: Far Cry 4.  This was my first experience with an open world game, and I couldn't have been happier with the experience.  The exploration, embedded humor, hunting, crafting, combat, and story were brought together in a complete package that thoroughly immersed me into the world of Kyrat.
:silver: Silver: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.  Modern Warfare was my very first CoD game and first FPS game since Wolfenstein 3D (from way back in 1993).  I loved the original; it got me hooked on the CoD franchise, though I found in subsequent titles I was far more interested in the multiplayer aspect.  Replaying the campaign on this title reminded me of why; no CoD game that followed was able to live up to the standard set by this one.
:gold: Gold: Wolfenstein: The New Order.  I have very fond memories of Wolfenstein 3D from the shareware days of the early '90s and have long been a mark for history and the creativity that can be sewn in to alternate histories.  This game executed its post WW2 alternate history in a superb manner that had me captivated from start to finish.
:platinum: Platinum: 7 Days to Die.  Prior to this title, I had never played a crafting game nor a survival horror game.  Being dropped in the middle of nowhere in your underoos with no real concept of what to do was amazing to me.  I went from being cold and hungry to having a series of well-fortified home bases, transportation, weapons and food galore, and a feeling of invincibility against the nightly hordes.  The use of sound on this game was amazing; I actually felt fear when hunkering down during the mega assaults on the seventh day.

Honorable Mentions: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Until Dawn, Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, and Far Cry Primal.

Worst games I played:

:bronze: Bronze: Actual Sunlight.  This was easily the most depressing gaming experience of all time.  I struggle to comprehend why this game was made.
:silver: Silver: Gone Home.  Yawn.  I really enjoyed other walking simulators such as Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Ether One, and I thought I may enjoy this one until I realized how shallow and uninteresting the plot was.  I'm glad this game could be completed in 60 seconds as that is about all it is worth.
:gold: Gold: My Name Is Mayo.  I feel so dirty for having this platinum (twice!).  For the low, low price of 99 cents, you can get yourself two shiny platinum trophies for clicking the 'X' button for a while.  I can't believe this game has a platinum trophy.
:platinum: Platinum: Orc Slayer.  What a steaming pile of garbage.  I picked this one up for a low price looking for an easy platinum.  It was so bad, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it through.  It should be completed in one sitting, but I had to step away and hate-finish it later on.

Dishonorable Mentions: Goosebumps: The Game, Day of the Tentacle: Remastered, Code: Realize, and Nubla.

Edited by DrEvilGuapo
  • Like 2