How was your gaming year?

ab4h4r4k1

:bronze: Bronze- 4,731 to 5,290

:silver: Silver- 1,502 to 1,743

:gold: Gold- 481 to 526

:platinum: Platinum- 132 to 145

A slow year for me compared to previous years thanks to games like Destiny and The Division for distracting me (one in a good way, one in a not so good way). Now then:

:yay:Best Game(s)

:platinum: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

What a way to end a series. It's the emotional connection of TLoU meets the action packed adventure of Uncharted. So much nostalgia and so many feels, especially after playing through the Remastered games to relive some of my fondest memories. Naughty Dog really outdid themselves.

:gold: Tom Clancy's The Division

After being on my radar for 3 years the day finally came that this was being released and it did not disappoint! I SharePlayed the Beta with a friend of mine and preordered the next day. I must say that the game now is not the same as what was released 9 months ago, and it's actually great! I've not had any complaints about the game since launch but the changes that were made are fantastic and welcome. The fact that a game company took the time to delay content and completely rework how the game plays says a lot about them (although a quick glance at the subreddit will give you a different impression). Overall I really thoroughly enjoyed (and am still enjoying) my time with this game.

:rolleyes: Worst Game

:hidden:Destiny: Vanilla, TTK, Rise of Iron...ALL OF IT 

I started this game last year but it has haunted me well into this year. To the point that I KNEW I would hate and regret returning but bought Rise of Iron anyway (that's how it tricks you). This game as a whole is nothing but lies and smoke and mirrors. Upon starting you think "Wow this is great!" but after the honeymoon phase and the rose-colored glasses come off you see that this game is mediocre at best. It's an MMORPGFPS but doesn't really do any of those genres well. If I had to pick it does better as a fps. Busy work, paywalls, microtransaction holiday events, rng IN microtransactions, horrible droprates, frustratingly terrible crucible rewards (bottom of leaderboard gets god roll legendary, top player gets nothing), no dedicated servers, NO STORY, and the biggest one for me: no fun. After spending almost two years with the game I can't say that at any point in time I found the game itself fun after the first few weeks of playing. Why did I play (on and off) for so long? I was fooled into thinking this was supposed to be "fun" and didn't want all of the time I'd already spent to be in vain. I later learned that all of the "fun" I had came from the people I played with. I have only one trophy left for 100% but I can't go back. I've done some crazy stuff in games over the years but this will forever be a reminder of my limits.

• Like 1

Since it is already 2017 in some countries, I will post my last results:

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1568 to 2086
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 313 to 466
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 97 to 156
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 12 to 35

Funny thing that my first platinum this year was Soul Sacrifice Delta and the last is Soul Sacrifice...

• Like 1

I started playing in end of November start of December so my stats are going to be no where near as high as a lot of others but here they are

:bronze: Bronze Trophies - 194

:silver: Silver Trophies - 62

:gold: Gold Trophies - 26

:platinum: Platinum Trophies - 6

My favourite platinum was Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus because I remember playing the game as a kid and just loving it so much and to be able to play it with trophies was awesome. My least favourite was Lego Marvel Superheroes as the grind was so boring. The game was great don't get me wrong but the grind after the story mode is so mind numbing, its the same with Lego Batman 2 which I have put on hold because I'm just so bored with trying to find all gold bricks.

I would say the short time I have been playing and collecting trophies has been mostly a fun and successful time.

Edited by RatsGetFatttt

Since I'm on that trophy stuff for a couple of years, one should think I've got a lot of them. But that's not the case! Luckily, I got my chance to buy a PSVita and used that - that, in turn, was good for the trophies! Here's what it looks like as of December 31st, 3:43 PM:

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 467 to 742

:silver: Silver Trophies: from 113 to 225

:gold: Gold Trophies: from 21 to 60

:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 2 to 10

Thus, the Project "Trophy Hunting 2016" comes to an end. But one thing's for sure: Where these trophies came from, there are more coming in 2017! I had most of the year available for trophy hunting but the break occurred in August when I got a new workplace. From October onwards it got better again, 'cause I own a Vita since that month! And it is better to finish a year with a plat on December 31st :D

:yay:Best game I played: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

I've played that for a couple of years, but this year I finally finished the trophy set! Overall it was quite funny sometimes and thanks to that, I got a good start in my "Trophy Hunting 2016" Project.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

All the very easy games are good for fast plats, but when you're LITERALLY doing almost nothing and are forced to read most of the time, that really is the worst thing one can encounter. And I fear there are more of this coming... (Although it's one of my first Plats on the Vita...)

• Like 1

This will be as final as I can be.

:bronze:Bronze Trophies: From 3780 to 4718 (+938)

:silver:Silver Trophies: From 1002 to 1299 (+297)

:gold:Golden Trophies: From 283 to 373 (+90)

:platinum:Platinum Trophies: From 36 to 49 (+13)

:yay:Best Game I Played: Personally for me, I really enjoyed Arkham Knight. It still felt fun, interesting and a game I will 100% eventually. I would say Transistor, but I have to finish it first.

:rolleyes:Worst Game i Played: Kitten Squad. Free game yes, but painful to play with the PETA messages all over the place.

I started in February 2016. Have completed 45 games this year with either 100% or platinum or both, 23 of which have been completed by fewer than 5% on this site. 

:bronze:Bronze trophies: From 0 to 940

:silver:Silver trophies: From 0 to 378

:gold:Gold trophies: From 0 to 95

:platinum:Platinum trophies: From 0 to 20

Best game I played: Chariot. Really underrated platformer with fantastic level design, as well as being one of my most enjoyable games this year. It is more inclined to co-op but also solo friendly... I had lots of fun co-oping with myself :D

Worst game I played: Motorcycle Club. I haven't completed yet, but it's a racing game and I got way further than I should've done, and am now too far to leave the platinum, even though I can only stand doing 1 race a day... otherwise it's too much pain. I won't be seeing the platinum any time soon, if ever. It is an awful game! No tutorials or instructions are given at the start, driving is terrible (bad understeering), and the AI are incapable of providing any competition... often I am laps and minutes ahead. The difference between the beginner championships and the last ones is virtually zero. I shouldn't have even bought it.

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 1

Overall- Really bad. Lost the desire to game for several months. Picked up sig making with mixed results and another hobby that I didn't stick with when I started gaming again and not to pleased with myself about it. Onto the trophies:

:bronze:- Bronze 2,044 to 2,738

:silver:- Silver 581 to 781

:gold:- Gold 167 to 222

:platinum:- Plats 33 to 42

Best game- Hard to pick but probably Dragon Age: Inquisition

Worst - Ascendant, I just can't do those types of games.

Started off strong early in the year, then slowly died down due to other commitments.

:bronze:Bronze trophies: From 1171 to 2312 (+1141)

:silver:Silver trophies: From 665 to 1088 (+423)

:gold:Gold trophies: From 134 to 293 (+159)

:platinum:Platinum trophies: From 25 to 65 (+40)

:dance: Best Game: Fallout 4 (except for the base building bits)

:facepalm:  Worst Game: Amnesia: Memories

:dunno:Biggest Disappointment: No Man's Sky

Going to dedicate 2017 towards my backlog and restrict purchases to must haves (ie. Digimon World: Next Order).

I can only check from January 14th so these are from December 27th, 2015 to December 31st, 2016.

:bronze:Bronze Trophies: 2,497 to 4, 095

:silver:Silver Trophies: 784 to 1, 443

:gold:Gold Trophies: 265 to 513

:platinum:Platinum Trophies: 52 to 106

Best Game(s) I've Played: Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Fallout 4, Far Cry Primal, The Last of Us, Metro Redux, The Order 1886, Skyrim Remastered.

Worst Game(s) I've Played: AdVenture Capitalist, Far Cry 2, LA Cops, Letter Quest Remastered, NBA 2K17: The Prelude, Nom Nom Galaxy, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Rack N Ruin, Tropico 5.

I've played A LOT of games this year and I spent days thinking about this BUT this was my final tally for the year :P 

On 11/12/2016 at 7:09 AM, ab4h4r4k1 said:

2016 is coming to an end so I was wondering how everyone did this year? How much love did you show to your consoles? Go to your Statistics and check out from January 1st until the date of your reply. Also, tell us what was the best game and the worst game you played in 2016 (it doesnt need to have been released in 2016). In my case:

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1568 to 2029
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 313 to 454
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 97 to 152
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 12 to 34

:yay: Best game I played: The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel
Everything on this game resonated with the RPG player in my heart. This series is incredibly underrated for all the lore and plot it has, not to mention the charismatic characters and their interactions.

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Conception 2 - Children of the Seven Stars
The game is boring. Simple. It is not hard, graphics are so-so, music gets annoying and there is little to almost no sense of progression.

EDIT: Oops, I wrote the data from January 2015! No wonder it looked like I played like there was no tomorrow... :angel:

The character development in ToCS pleasantly surprised me. There were a lot of cliche anime tropes at the start of the game but the game quickly proved itself to have quality character writing.

My only qualm with ToCS was the absence of a genuine mortality rate and some bit of dialogue was a bit too cheesy for my taste.

My progress

:bronze:- Bronze 587 to 1,290

:silver:- Silver 110 to 252

:gold:- Gold 20 to 88

:platinum:- Plats 1 to 16.

:D Best game: Rocket League.

:|Worst game: Just Cause 3.

:huh:Good game, but lost potential: Final Fantasy XV.

Edited by Eraezr
more words

Now that 2016 is over, here is my trophy progress from last year:

Overall trophies - 3,083 to 4,806

:bronze: - 2,032 to 3,144

:silver: - 837 to 1,250

:gold: - 171 to 329

:platinum: - 43 to 83

My favorite game that I played in 2016 was Final Fantasy XV and the worst game I played in 2016 was Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God.

Edited by Mike13858

Um... not a bad year :awesome:

I'm taking 1st January into consideration as well since RKB has to be counted :awesome: 

So... from 31st December 2015 to 31st December 2016.

Overall: 3582 -> 5338

:bronze: 2266 -> 3292

:silver: 968 -> 1494

:gold: 279 -> 441

:platinum: 69 -> 110

Best game of 2016: I don't think I need to say it =D I said it too many times already. Zero Time Dilemma is Zero Time Dilemma.

Worst game of 2016: Hitman GO, you just don't break my beloved and go unpunished. You just don't. 

Honorable mention: Grind for Strength of our Alliance in LOTR.

Alright, 2016 has ended, now I can post my outcome: 

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: 357 -> 482 (+125)

:silver: Silver Trophies: 101 -> 159 (+58)

:gold: Gold Trophies: 23 -> 33 (+10)

:platinum: Platinum Trophies: 4 -> 9 (+5)

:hidden: (Total Trophies): 485 -> 683

= 198 Trophies earned in 2016

Edited by ee28max

• 3 weeks later...

How was my gaming year....? NICE !!! I started Trophy Hunting and I never thought i will come this far :)

Platinum : 0 - 123

I have seen people with 50+ plats and thought that is very impressing and now I have 120+ :o Im just proud :)

Edited by t0uch3rstyl3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 9:07 AM, booshy_89 said:

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1312 to 2523
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 544 to 919
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 100 to 236
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 11 to 37

:yay: Best game I played: Overcooked
I just love this game so much! Partially because my wife (non-gamer) loves it to so we get to play it together but it's just complete co-op multiplayer fun. I wouldn't advise it single player but it's so much fun with other people. Honourable mentions to others I've enjoyed: Ratchet & Clank, Tearaway, The Wolf Among Us, Stiklbold!, Transistor and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

:rolleyes: Worst game I played: Actual Sunlight
Waste of time, even at only an hour long. I...just...there are no words.

As with lots of other people on here, I've still got a few goals I want to accomplish before the year is out. Hopefully make it to 40 platinum trophies (Unravel, PSABR and The Lego Movie Video Game/Color Guardians are looking like the ones). I've also just broken a 100 day trophy earning streak, so hopefully keep that going a bit longer now. All in all, 2016 was a good year for me!

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1312 to 2555
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 544 to 937
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 100 to 250
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 11 to 40

I made it! The 3 extras were PSABR, The Lego Movie Video Game and Color Guardians.

All in all, I earned 2588 trophies in 2016, including 51 plats. Some milestones:

1. I got at least one trophy on every calendar day of 2016. Overall, I've managed at least one trophy every calendar day since July 30th, 2015.
  2. I got my 200th plat (World of Final Fantasy)
  3. I managed to knock out a couple of games that had dogged me for a long time (Uncharted 2 and Enslaved, both of which took around 7 years to plat).

All in all, it's been another good year.  The worst game I platted last year was probably Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. The best game? A bit tougher, but maybe World of Final Fantasy. Nostalgia tints my glasses, too...

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 3:26 PM, Redgrave said:

It was pretty good.

Best game: Doom. It was pretty much everything I expected it to be and hope it gets sequels that are even more brutal than the last.

Worst: Probably Just Cause 3 because of how frustrating it was mechanics wise.

Really just cause 3 was the worst? I had an absolute blast while playing through that game. It was probably my favorite of the year. To each their own though. Wasn't Doom considered difficult? Or did I hear incorrectly from others?

47 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

All in all, I earned 2588 trophies in 2016, including 51 plats. Some milestones:

1. I got at least one trophy on every calendar day of 2016. Overall, I've managed at least one trophy every calendar day since July 30th, 2015.
  2. I got my 200th plat (World of Final Fantasy)
  3. I managed to knock out a couple of games that had dogged me for a long time (Uncharted 2 and Enslaved, both of which took around 7 years to plat).

All in all, it's been another good year.  The worst game I platted last year was probably Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. The best game? A bit tougher, but maybe World of Final Fantasy. Nostalgia tints my glasses, too...

World of final fantasy was simply incredible! Nice job making it #200!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, serialkilla1987 said:

Really just cause 3 was the worst? I had an absolute blast while playing through that game. It was probably my favorite of the year. To each their own though. Wasn't Doom considered difficult? Or did I hear incorrectly from others?

I would have loved the game myself if it didn't have such broken driving and wingsuit flying mechanics and then centered challenges around them. I don't think I've ever played a game before that where slightly bumping the curb while driving will send you spiraling forward. The hitbox for the wingsuit was weird too. I did have fun blowing up bases and stuff, but the game could have done without the challenges.

As far as Doom it does get hard but it all depends on how you have your equipment set. If you play Ultra-Nightmare though then yeah it's pretty hard.

2016 started out slow, but by the end I got about 1,175 trophies, and best of all 16 platinum's.

Best game I've played is a tie between Uncharted 4 (best story), Overwatch (solid gameplay), Doom (love the action), and (surprisingly) Burnout Paradise, it was alot of fun to race and crash in slow-mo.

Worst Game is actually Borderlands 1, I though I would enjoy it because I loved Borderlands 2 on PC. But when I started playing it, I find its combat generic and very predictable. Guess it hasn't aged very well.

Another game that was pretty boring and disappointing is Gran Turismo 5. Slow progress, difficult interface/menu and just wasn't my kind of raceing game, seems I prefer arcade racer like Burn out.