House Decorating Made A Little Easier

damon8r351

Most people who have played this know that if you try to place an item out on display in one of your houses, you'll have to do it at least twice because some invisible Tamrielic poltergeist will throw it back on the floor the next time you re-enter your house. So imagine spending 10 minutes wrestling a Statue of Dibella into place so it rests upright and facing the right direction, only to find it back on the floor when you come back later.

Well, I've been messing around with this, trying out different ways from the internet, and have arrived at a solution that seems to work in a way that only requires you to do it once. Drop the item you want to place somewhere on the floor where you can easily find it, then quicksave your game and exit out to the menu. Reload your last save, pick up your item by holding down :cross: for a couple of seconds, then wrestle it into place like you normally would. It should stay put from now on, and so far seems to be working out for me.

• 1 month later...

Tell me about it! I try using the display cases a designed and voilà!, on the floor.  The best is my collection of staves shifting around in the wicker basket and Gray fox changing rooms. There is one more oddity but it is just too weird to mention here.

I'll try the loading trick, although I think certain items just won't behave.