Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sly Ripper

Square or round avatars?

Square or round avatars?   72 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Square or round avatars?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

I much prefer the square avatars because there's less that gets cut off. If possible, it would be nice if the larger avatars could also make a return. So instead of just a box, you could have it more rectangular. I don't know if that's possible on the new site, but that's one of the biggest things I miss from the old site.

Perhaps an option somewhere for us to toggle round or square avatars at will? (If it already isn't a thing)

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I much prefer the square avatars because there's less that gets cut off. If possible, it would be nice if the larger avatars could also make a return. So instead of just a box, you could have it more rectangular. I don't know if that's possible on the new site, but that's one of the biggest things I miss from the old site.

Exactly this. The avatars on the previous version of the site were perfect.

Having used this IPB version on other boards I post on that upgraded over the summer I'm still amazed that anyone could create forum software with round avatars. Please make them square again and then tell me how so I can hound admins elsewhere on the internet to make a similar change.

I prefer the square avatars because it doesn't cut off anything. If someone wants to have a circle avatar, they can request it in one of the gfx threads and one of us can create a circular one for them. I think its just nice to have a choice.

While I do find the circles rather elegant, they do cut off a lot of the pictures. I know some I prepared for the old site probably wouldn't look as good as circles.

The circle ones are cute, but like others said, they cut off pictures. 

Maybe having bigger circle avys? :D

Definitely square for me. Nothing gets cut off and those who want round avatars can make a round one and leave the outer parts white to make it look like one. It's the option that lets us do both, so we all can have what we want.

I prefer square avatars but i think the circle format was adapted to the cover photo

I like the square avatars a lot more, especially the rectangle ones premium members can have. The circle ones just cut off way too much. I do like the circle avatar on the Forum Profile, that one can stay like that.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Square and bigger, please. I lost my forehead!

I voted square, but could it be possible to make round avatars an option?

I prefer square avatar as well. think I accidentally voted for round though...

The circles aren't all that bad but I much prefer if they were square.

circle...better for feng shui...square with rounded corners?...damn, not an option...

square, just like the way I like to think.