'Adventure Besties' trophy - has anyone got this?

rockstarjazz

if so, how? the description is vague - '5 medium and large artifacts'

i think this trophy glitched on me frown.gif

working with a booster of which he chose the challenge and unlocked 2 meds and 3 larges, and we escaped. when we i let him open the chests and was by him. when we escaped the prompt said we failed this challenge, and in the middle of trying it again his trophy popped but not mine!?

what exactly are we supposed to do? am i supposed to choose the challenge, and open the artifacts myself, with both medium and large being 5 each, with my player by me??

god, this trophy is annoying me. now it takes ages just to find a crypt cave, i always encounter shelters even when running in a straight line.
and the stupid instinct button doesnt activate quick enough for me and i end up falling into traps and my buddy is nowhere in sight.
i hate it when i feel i'm wasting my time!
if you find a crypt in your instincts and its not been marked as new, would there be a medium/large artifact in it as it's possible it was picked up say 20 mins ago?

A really helpful tip is to use the expedition card exploit until you get the "Tomb Raider" card. It gives you all skills and codices, one of which marks traps in red when using survival instincts. 

This challenge does seem rather buggy though. Both my partner and I got the trophy no problem (thankfully) with a mixture of five medium or large artefacts. So technically you shouldn't need to be the host nor the one who selected the challenge but it does seem to glitch for a lot of people if they aren't. 

We also did the "Master and Apprentice" trophy at the same time, so we picked up a lot of small artefacts as well. We both collected artefacts and we were almost always far apart. So in other words we did everything that's said to cause the trophy to glitch yet we both got it (and the other ones) without any issue. As with the glitched trophies in the main game, it seems to be a matter of luck I'm afraid. 

Edited by dell9300

Me and a friend just got the trophy today after 2 glitched atempts, this time i was the host, and selected the challenge. I picked all the artifcts (3 medium and 2 large, 0 small) and just to make sure i called  the chopper and was first to enter extract circle. My friend was near me when i picked the artifacts. We both got the trophy. On our previous failed atempts i was host but he selected the challenge and picked the artifacts and sometimes i was far away,  we also picked small ones, so i am not sure what was causing the glitch.   Hope this helps.

• Like 2

sorry for the multiple posts but this is such a BS trophy.

i tried again just now and altogether me and my buddy got 6 meds and 1 large, and upon escaping the game says we STILL failed! i looked at the breakdown and it showed he had 3 med and i had 3 med.

can someone just tell me in plain english WTF must i do to get this trophy? should i alone open 5 meds and 5 large? this is going to take all day if so because crypts are so time consuming to find!!

getting really frustrated here.

• Like 2

just now, i got 5 mediums and 3 large, as i didnt want to risk 2 meds and 3 large in case it still counts as a fail..when i got the 5th med, i was ready to go, but was out of food, heat, bullets and my partner was down by a fireman far and i just expired upon getting there (failing to kill a squirel with my axe), it was so FKN frustrating because the signal fire was not far!! must have spent about 6 hours on this today and no trophy to show for it. i absolutely hate games that make it seem you done nothing but waste your time.

i need to know how to find crypts quicker because one time it took me 12 minutes to find one!

28 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

just now, i got 5 mediums and 3 large, as i didnt want to risk 2 meds and 3 large in case it still counts as a fail..when i got the 5th med, i was ready to go, but was out of food, heat, bullets and my partner was down by a fireman far and i just expired upon getting there (failing to kill a squirel with my axe), it was so FKN frustrating because the signal fire was not far!! must have spent about 6 hours on this today and no trophy to show for it. i absolutely hate games that make it seem you done nothing but waste your time.

i need to know how to find crypts quicker because one time it took me 12 minutes to find one!

The only way is to keep moving forward! It worked for me! 6 hours? Damn!

Remember YOU need to activate adventure besties challenge first before the match begins, then YOU need to collect a mix with 5 large and medium artifacts (forget the small ones)
Then find a signal fire and voilá... the trophy!
I got this method on my first time with one of my friends! good luck

i finally got it, but this trophy is badly glitched i think i'll report about it to the devs, for the sake of other gamers out there having similar troubles.

played with a booster, and he let me pick the M and L artifacts, he picked smaller ones while we tried for the 10-day trophy as well. i got 1x M and 4x L. when we approached the chopper to leave the prompt said 'failed' come up and so the trophy didnt pop. but, upon talking to him about it and then closing, i checked my trophies and see it was there, popping a few minutes ago! but the trophy notifcation did not show whilst playing?

this is a badly worded trophy explanation, probably the worst i've encountered in terms of clearness.

Edited by rockstarjazz

20 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i finally got it, but this trophy is badly glitched i think i'll report about it to the devs, for the sake of other gamers out there having similar troubles.

played with a booster, and he let me pick the M and L artifacts, he picked smaller ones while we tried for the 10-day trophy as well. i got 1x M and 4x L. when we approached the chopper to leave the prompt said 'failed' come up and so the trophy didnt pop. but, upon talking to him about it and then closing, i checked my trophies and see it was there, popping a few minutes ago! but the trophy notifcation did not show whilst playing?

this is a badly worded trophy explanation, probably the worst i've encountered in terms of clearness.

Quite a few trophies are bugged in this game. While your stance of reporting it to help others in future is admirable, it will unfortunately fall on deaf ears. The glitches were present in the Xbox and PC versions as well, the devs know about these and haven't bothered to fix *any* in the past year (well not a year for this particular trophy since it's from a newer DLC but still). :shakefist:

13 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

Another step to 100% congratz :)
One of my friends even told me that in the tombs trophy didn't appear a notification, maybe the problem is in general!

Just now, Doctor Doom said:

I can't last 15 minutes without being disconnected. I can't even make adventure besties. Even if I do them separately, master and apprentice takes 120 minutes.

I think the problem must be the connection because one of my friends reported to me that it was almost over 10 day and he was disconnected
!You should try more times, it might be that next time you can get the trophies

2 minutes ago, Rose_Dark said:

I think the problem must be the connection because one of my friends reported to me that it was almost over 10 day and he was disconnected
!You should try more times, it might be that next time you can get the trophies

I've been trying to get the co-op trophies for the last 10 days.

Those 2 are the only one that I'm missing because there's no way to get them before the game boots me :(

Just now, Doctor Doom said:

I've been trying to get the co-op trophies for the last 10 days.

Those 2 are the only one that I'm missing because there's no way to get them before the game boots me :(

Like i said keep trying because my friend got those trophies after a few attempts .

• 2 months later...

Just got Adventure Besties after a few failed attempts. During the first failed attempt we got 1 Medium and 4 Large + many small as were going for the Master and Apprentice at the same time so was not expecting the trophy not to pop.

The next night we got 2 Medium and 3 Large only and still no trophy. But I noticed when getting the Large we got a Bow part and on the Medium nothing. Why I thought, then I realised my partner had chosen the Tomb raider Card (grants all Codex) both times. Therefore when getting a Medium it was not granting a codex skill

Tonight we did the same as before but just with an outfit that gave all Skills (no codex), Toxicity and Fire arrows. We got 4 Medium and 1 Large. Each time we got a Medium a new codex skill also unlocked. The Large unlocked a bow part like before.

So I would conclude that if you have either the Tomb Raider card or Well Read card and have all codex unlocked this does not count if you get any Medium in your 5 total.

If those who have had trouble could confirm if you had those cards it may back this theory up further.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What is the best way to get the trophy? I already did the trophy requirements twice with a friend who has the trophy and no luck for me, my partner was the host twice and the first run I collected 5 and 5... the second one I collected some and he did some too (total 5 and 5)... help please

On 3/15/2017 at 0:27 AM, JackBauerFan said:

Just got Adventure Besties after a few failed attempts. During the first failed attempt we got 1 Medium and 4 Large + many small as were going for the Master and Apprentice at the same time so was not expecting the trophy not to pop.

The next night we got 2 Medium and 3 Large only and still no trophy. But I noticed when getting the Large we got a Bow part and on the Medium nothing. Why I thought, then I realised my partner had chosen the Tomb raider Card (grants all Codex) both times. Therefore when getting a Medium it was not granting a codex skill

Tonight we did the same as before but just with an outfit that gave all Skills (no codex), Toxicity and Fire arrows. We got 4 Medium and 1 Large. Each time we got a Medium a new codex skill also unlocked. The Large unlocked a bow part like before.

So I would conclude that if you have either the Tomb Raider card or Well Read card and have all codex unlocked this does not count if you get any Medium in your 5 total.

If those who have had trouble could confirm if you had those cards it may back this theory up further.

This seems really logical, we think the trophy glitched on us with my booster but i was using 'well read' as a card.. we ll give it a try. 

On 2017-3-15 at 8:27 AM, JackBauerFan said:

This is exactly how we did it, infinite fire and poison arrows as our cards. We also noticed that with the codice reading card the medium artefacts weren't registering. 

The first time we did it without the Well Read card the trophy popped.

Also we extracted with 2 medium, 3 Large

Edited by El_Trophynador
Addition