rockstarjazz

'Adventure Besties' trophy - has anyone got this?

47 posts in this topic

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 3:44 AM, Charly_Py said:

What is the best way to get the trophy? I already did the trophy requirements twice with a friend who has the trophy and no luck for me, my partner was the host twice and the first run I collected 5 and 5... the second one I collected some and he did some too (total 5 and 5)... help please

Hello. Do not use the 'Well Read' card or any card that give you the codex before you start.

Just got the trophy the other day. We did use the Tomb Raider card, so having "Well Read" apparently does not matter and can be used to make things easier. I had the challenge selected (Adventure Besties) and picked up all artifacts (3 large and 2 medium), while the other player just stayed at the starting area staying warm and eating, you don't need both players to enter the crypts. The trophy popped for both players. So either they fixed the Codex artifacts from not counting towards the trophy or it was never an issue to begin with. 

On 11/12/2016 at 0:25 AM, Dark Layla said:

You need to be the host and only you can get a mix of 5  large and medium artifacts !

If you need any help just let me know

I can assure you, you do not need to be host, as me and another guy got it at the same time, however, you need to escape with at least 5 mediums AND at least 5 large.

we finished with about 15 mediums, and 5 large, as it took about 23 days to find the last large one! 

Just did this, and we did not need 5 of each. We finished the round with 9 large and 3 medium artifacts and the trophy popped.

This just glitched on me. We got 5 of each 

I had 3 of each and my partner had 2 of each

he was the host though so the fact he was one short of 5 is probably what done it from what I’ve read. Oh well 

1 hour ago, mikem192 said:

This just glitched on me. We got 5 of each 

I had 3 of each and my partner had 2 of each

he was the host though so the fact he was one short of 5 is probably what done it from what I’ve read. Oh well 

It didn't glitch only host can get this trophy and he needs to pick up 5 large/medium artifacts combined by himself.

Also, remember to activate the challenge as host.

Edited by Game_Knot

On 22/03/2020 at 8:48 PM, Game_Knot said:

It didn't glitch only host can get this trophy and he needs to pick up 5 large/medium artifacts combined by himself.

Also, remember to activate the challenge as host.

got it tonight, I was host with the challenge activated. I picked up all 5 (3 medium and 2 large) 

we BOTH got the trophy 

So it appears this trophy is still glitched. My partner and I went for a 10 day expedition where we paired Adventure Besties, Master & Apprentice, Great Haul, and Great Outdoors. We survived until day 11 then choppered out with 5 medium and 3 large relics.

Everything popped except for Adventure Besties. I am usually the host and the one who delves into the crypts and collects the artifacts, but we were having major connection problems so I forgot my friend switched and tried hosting a game. This allowed us to play smoothly again, but according to the info in this thread I’m guessing this is what voided the trophy. ☹️

We are going to try again tomorrow and will try the method of the host activating challenge & collecting relics and hopefully it pops. Will report back tomorrow!

Edited by dieselmanchild

Are you sure you did not have a card on you that gave give a codex before you start. If i remember correctly you get a codex when raiding a tomb as well as the artifact. With the card you only get the artifact. 

This is why we would fail. We both got the trophy together in the end with just a combination of the 5 medium and large.

Edited by JackBauerFan

Me and my friend were only able to get this by collecting 5 of each. I hosted and invited her and I was the only one collecting the Medium/Large artifacts. I accidentally picked up one small but it didn't affect us. Also, the Adventure Besties was the only challenge that was active with everything else removed. Popped for both us in the end (took until day 11)

Previously we were getting a mix of 5 total of medium/large artifacts but never worked.

Hope this helps but 5 EACH seems to be the requirement

Edited by hchang971
typo

So it sounds like after almost 4 years, there is still no consistency around what actually makes this trophy pop:

- Some people got it with the host having 5 artifacts of any combo, some people needed 5 of each size, some people needed 5 for each player.

- Some people report 1 medium and 4 large specifically doesn't count.

- Some people say having codex skills prevents the game from registering medium artifacts, some say it doesn't.

- Some people report that it only popped for one player.

Combining this with a 10-day, 20-artifact run seems insane, considering you can only have 4 challenges active at once per co-op run.

Me and my buddy got this last night after 2 previous failed attempts. Here's what we did:

- Only the adventure besties challenge was equipped by the host.
- We equipped all 4 card slots (x 2 suits, Savenger & fire arrows).
- We collected a total of 2 large, 3 medium, 1 small artifact. This was in total, not each.
- The host collected & looted everything. When going for the large / medium artifacts, I simply stood next to him.

I actually think there is no rhyme or reason for this trophy glitching and it's purely luck based. I would say however that if one person does pretty much all of the work, you have more of a chance that it pops. Possibly sharing the loot is what causes the problem but I'm just speculating. Good luck.

Edited by whittle181

As me and my friend got this last night I thought I'd share what we did:

• My friend was the host
  • My friend had the Adventure Besties challenge selected
  • My Cards: Tomb Raider and Toxicity
  • My friends cards: Bloodlust and a random outfit with access to all Brawler, Hunter and Survivor skills
  • We separated to find crypts then came back together to loot them. I would wait at the entrance killing animals ready to eat while he looted the crypts. I picked up no relics at any point.
  • My friend picked up 4 x medium, 1 x large and several small relics
  • My friend lit the signal fire and was first to step in the extraction point

This all worked first time for us so I don't know how relevant each of the above points are. We was of course wary of potential glitches which is why we took the above actions.

I got it today. I played with someone through matchmaking and I told him I was going to get all the artifacts. I got 3 medium and 2 large. My teammate forgot to not grab any other artifacts and he picked up two small ones right before we lit the signal fire. I was the first person into the pickup point circle and it popped as we were leaving. 

Just got this today.  My friend and I split up and raided crypts separately. Ended up with 6 medium and 2 large between us, with 4 medium and 1 large for me - along with 45 smaller artifacts. Had no trouble with the trophy popping upon extraction. Also I was host, but my friend equipped the challenge.  

Seems there's no discernable pattern. Entirely luck-based unfortunately. 

Edited by screenwriter91

I didn't get the trophy when I played with a random. we already raided 7 crypts and I also called the extraction. So many conflicting reports.

Edited by ipot_04

I got it on a boosting session a 2 days ago. When we got 5 large and 5 medium on the stats screen. We escaped. Trophy poped with no problems.

Just got it after 1 failed attempt

Glitched Attempt was:

-1 large & 4 medium carried by the Host

-1 medium and 1 large carried by the other person

-with Tomb Raider card

-host didn't light the fire

-did other challenges like 20 artifacts and 10 day survival

Successful Attempt was:

-3 large & 2 medium carried by the host

-without codex skills

-host lit the signal fire

-no other challenges set

If anyone is still reading this: 

Got it today on my first try. Me and my co-op partner went for Adventure Besties and Master & Apprentice at the same time. I was the host and picked Besties while my partner picked M&A. Neither of us used any codex skills cards, and I was the one who picked up all artifacts, including the smaller ones, while my partner stayed near me all the time. After 4 medium, 1 large, and 20 small ones, we waited for day 11 and I lit the bonfire. Trophy popped for both of us during extraction. 

Edited by flugurnarrr

First try also. No codex card, but an expert outfit for my partner. I was the host. I selected Adventures Besties, he took Master & Apprentice. He picked every small artefact, I picked all medium and large. He was always closed to me when I did. We left with 5 medium and 2 large (maybe 3 but I would say 2). I can't remember how many small we had. I lit the bonfire and as expected, both trophies popped during extraction.

Thanks all for sharing your use case. Good luck.

Wanted to share my experience because the trophy didn't pop the first time for my partner and me after getting a combined total of 7 medium/large artifacts (I picked up 3 while he picked up 4). This is what worked:

• I was the host of the session, and I selected the challenge
    • We also picked 3 other random challenges
  • My cards: Toxicity, Small Game Hunter; my partner's cards: Tomb Raider, Bloodlust
  • I picked up every medium/large artifact in the crypt – we finished with 0 small, 4 medium, 1 large
    • My partner stayed by the base camp inside the crypt
  • I lit the signal fire

Hope this helps!

This trophy is so buggy.

We had a few failed attempts. On our successful attempt my friend was the host, picked the challenge and collected all the artifacts while I stood close. He also lit the escape fire and boarded the helicopter first, just for good measure. None of us was using cards that give a codex.

It seems it's true that you need to collect at least 2 medium artifacts. We collected 1 medium and four large in one of the attempts and the challenge failed.