Thoughts on this game

KaKrackle

1 hour ago, KaKrackle said:

What exactly makes it so difficult though. Only 4 people have the plat so far. And 3 of them all got in on the same day which is slightly suspicious. Is the game just really buggy or something?

It's different to Gungeon and you end up fighting way way more enemies at once, also ammo is less readily available. The plat is incredibly long as well, you need to get 144 crowns (I think, I forget the number of characters exactly) and half of those are really difficult to get as you have to get into NG+ and a decent way through it as well. 

About 3 people having the plat on the same day, I also thought that was really weird. When I was playing I would check my trophies for it frequently, usually daily, and there were only 2 people with the plat (0.05% rarity) when I got my last trophy in September, and they were on different days as well. They when I checked a couple of months later on there were 4 play achievers and suddenly 3 were on the same day - a date earlier than when I had seen 2 plat achievers. No idea why that is the case and it's possible that I'm mistaken but I'm 99% sure that's how it is. 

On 12/12/2016 at 11:02 AM, KaKrackle said:

What exactly makes it so difficult though. Only 4 people have the plat so far. And 3 of them all got in on the same day which is slightly suspicious. Is the game just really buggy or something?

There's a lot of luck involved with each run (and skill, of course). With the difficulty of the gameplay itself, a somewhat steep learning curve, and the tall task of earning 100% completion, there's no surprise the platinum is so rare. The reason multiple people achieved the platinum on the same day is due to that being when the patch rolled out, which cleaned up a lot (but not all) of the game's bugs. 

• Like 1

I've been playing this game for a couple of months now and although it's hard it's also a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend it. I hope they patch the Vita version soon. It's playable as is, but also buggy. The PS4 version runs a lot better and actually did get the patch. Getting all those crowns and thus the 100% will be a big challenge. Shame there is no cross-save between Vita and PS4.

Yeaahhhh screw it. I thought I'd treat myself for Christmas lol. So far I'm liking it. The furthest I have got to so far is 5-3. I was almost immediately slaughtered by lil hunter upon entering the level. I have been pretty busy though lately with Christmas and work, so I have only put about 4 hours into the game. I'm hoping to get into it a bit more in the new year.

I think the plat for this one might be out the question though....

Hahaha. It isn't that expensive anyway :) . And yeah Lil' Hunter is a mofo. Luckily he has low health. Just wait until you loop for the first time. The amount of enemies they throw at you in a loop is insane. It took me more than 100 hours to be able to handle all the things the game throws at me and even now after more than 200 hours I still die a lot. Every minute of the game is fun though, so it's no problem. I'm trying to get all the crowns with Steroids now and I'm having quite some troubles with the post-loop ones. It's hard to reach loop 2 in this game and that's the way you'll unlock a post-loop crown. Or you have to defeat the captain, but that is even harder with some crowns (crown of luck for example). Anyway good luck with the game. Let's hope you'll have some more time to play the game properly.

Edited by SugarIsTheDevil

Major respect to the 4 that have this platinum. I have nearly got to the throne a few times now. I usually get screwed in 7-2 by a bad spawn, or something. Any day now I'm gonna get my first loop though and it's gonna be glorious haha. Im glad I bought  the game in the end. It's pretty awesome. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm here for you ;) . What helped for me were good weapons and mutations that fit those weapons. My favorite loadout is: energy sword and auto crossbow/super crossbow. As for mutations: long arms and laser brain for the energy sword and bolt marrow for the crossbow, strong spirit and bloodlust (or second stomach) for survivability, rabbit paw for more ammo and medkit drops, plutonium hunger so those pickups are easier to get and trigger fingers for quicker weapons (and quicker damage output). Euphoria is also nice. It make the projectiles fired by the Throne easier to hit with your melee weapon. Try to find a save spot as soon as you enter a level, because it's easy to get overwhelmed. If you want more tips or have more specific questions, then ask away. I got the platinum trophy, so I can honestly say that I got a wealth of experience in the game. Add me on PSN if you'd like to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Kakrackle will be next ;) .You managed to get it too I see! Another Dutch guy getting all of the trophies. Rather  fitting since the game is made by Dutch people :) . And yeah Meat Boy. Haven't really practiced those last no death runs. They're hard and I find it difficult to put that many hours into the game. I'll get back to it though. There aren't many games that can keep me from earning all of the trophies :) . What's up next for you? I just started Enter the Gungeon. Only played for a bit though.

Small world indeed! She picked a great city to live in :) .

Played Gungeon for a bit now. Still not sold, but then again I really don't have an idea what I'm doing or what any of the weapons and items do. So I must soldier on for a bit still.

Never played SSFIV, but I read it's a hard one. Good luck!

Edited by SugarIsTheDevil

Give me super meat boy any day. At least it's fair. Throne is getting on my tits. I can't double loop the game for the life of me. It's ridiculous. All I get is bad spawns, and shit weapons. And don't get me started on them damn idpd shielders that keep crashing my game all the while. 

Give Gungeon a chance by the way guys. Once you have unlocked some better weapons, the game gets pretty good. After plating nuclear throne you should have an easy time with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I did it the easy way and used Crystal. I just took the post loop crowns as early as possible in 1-2 then immediately got on the idpd van in 1-3. Captain is very easy to beat with crystal.

I'm currently trying to get the unstoppable trophy which is A pain in the ass. Much harder than vault raider imo. Hopefully I should get the 100% in the next few weeks, and join you and sugarlsthedevil in the platinum club.

• 2 years later...
On 4/11/2019 at 10:56 PM, wesleyisgreat777 said:

Once again bumping a barren thread

What's the verdict on the golden nuke launcher/disc gun trophy? What method did you plat owners do to get it?

Hella late reply, but I know one method is taking the Gun Gun with Robot into a crown vault. You farm Gun Gun ammo with a wrench against the Guardians and try to get lucky RNG. Alternatively, you can farm levels with YV, a wrench, and Crown of Hatred in the vault. I don't actually remember if a Nuke Launcher or Disc Gun can drop in YV's Crib chests, but if not, you can at least get a great build for handling hard mode and finding one later in your run.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RewindTheGamer said:

Hella late reply, but I know one method is taking the Gun Gun with Robot into a crown vault. You farm Gun Gun ammo with a wrench against the Guardians and try to get lucky RNG. Alternatively, you can farm levels with YV, a wrench, and Crown of Hatred in the vault. I don't actually remember if a Nuke Launcher or Disc Gun can drop in YV's Crib chests, but if not, you can at least get a great build for handling hard mode and finding one later in your run.  

Ah I completely forgot about YV's crib, I think I'll try that method

Only problem is trying to go through Hard Mode, I can't even get past the deserts except on one occasion for Chicken's B Skin

If only it started you off with better weapons instead of early game shit...

• 3 years later...