Now and Then: 2017 Gaming Goals

GoldenShaka

Here's my update for the month of March:

Get at least one platinum a month (so have at least 12 by year's end)-Up to 9 now. 4 in January, 3 in February, 2 in March...the number won't be an issue, one a month remains to be seen

Have a fairly even number of games with and without :platinum: and between PS3 and PS4-Still not quite there on the non-plat games. Currently 5 PS3 :platinum:, 4 PS4 :platinum:

Decrease my backlog more than increase it-Upped it more than lowered it overall and the gap has increased a bit

Finish all platinum games I started before December 31

Completed:

1. The Sims 3

2. The Sims 3 Pets

3. Red Dead Redemption

Incomplete:

1. 3D Dot Game Heroes-8%

2. Assassin's Creed III (10% base game, 15% to the 100%)

3. Need For Speed Rivals-26%

4. Pac-Man Championship Edition 2-4%

5. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection-88%

• Like 2

On December 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Kevvik said:

2017 goals

100 plats (currently 66)

5250 trophies (currently 3519)

unearned trophies <800 (currently 970)

a-z plat list complete (currently 21/27)

a-z plat list by system PS4 22/27 (now 14/27), PS3 17/27 (now 7/27), Vita 22/27 (now 15/27)

completion rate >85% (currently 79%)

I think this is reachable but we will see how it goes. Also want to knock down my backlog considerably and keep spending under $360 for the year.

So, a quarterly update...

100 plats (now 79)

5250 trophies (now 4103)

unearned trophies <800 (currently 1220)

a-z plat list complete (currently 23/27)

a-z plat list by system PS4 22/27 (now 18/27), PS3 17/27 (now 8/27), Vita 22/27 (now 16/27)

compleion rate >85% (currently 78.67%)

Most are on schedule but the Kill Your Completion event definitely kicked my unearned and completion rate in the junk. The goal for the next couple of months is to fix that.

To finish at least five games this year. Not plat, but finish.

I haven't really had time to pursue trophies or get much game time in general except for the occasional Overwatch game with friends or some FIFA, so being able to just finish a couple games would be nice. Oh, I've already finished Persona 5, so I guess that leaves just four games.

• Like 1

On 19.1.2017 at 10:22 AM, Zanreo said:

- Reach 2000 on Norway leaderboard

Well, this went faster than expected... maybe I'll go for 1200 next (as I'll most likely have reached of be very close to lv 15 by then anyway...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2017 at 0:01 PM, DarkSoleride said:

Aim to get at least to my 65th plat or better

completion rate above 50% 

Only start a new game if i know i can plat it with the one currently playing for a plat.

try and get my backlog down to 15 games (currently at 23 down from 28 as of January 18th 2017)

So I have managed to get my profile above 50% woohoo 

Backlog has grown lol so yeah do not see that happening as for 65th platinum currently sitting on 57th Platinum and was on my 49th I believe when I posted this. 

Goal Updates April 2017

Maintaining above 50% profile completion or better

Achieve 70 Platinum trophies or more by December 31st 23:59

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

April update!

Get at least one platinum a month (so have at least 12 by year's end)-Up to 9 now. 4 in January, 3 in February, 2 in March, 1 in April

Have a fairly even number of games with and without :platinum: and between PS3 and PS4-Still not quite there on the non-plat games. Currently 5 PS3 :platinum:, 5 PS4 :platinum:

Decrease my backlog more than increase it-No change from last month

Finish all platinum games I started before December 31

Completed:

1. The Sims 3

2. The Sims 3 Pets

3. Red Dead Redemption

Incomplete:

1. 3D Dot Game Heroes-8%

2. Assassin's Creed III (10% base game, 15% to the 100%)

3. Need For Speed Rivals-26%

4. Pac-Man Championship Edition 2-45%

5. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection-94%

Edited by Torracat83
  • Like 1

Here's what I got accomplished in April, which is so far the most successful month for me!

Games Completed:

1. My Name Is Mayo (PS4) - April 2nd 

2. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 - April 7th

3. Galaga - April 7th

4. Deponia - April 8th

5. PAC-Man - April 10th

6. Last Rebellion - April 13th

7. Star Wars Battlefront - April 17th

8. Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroine's Infinite Battle - April 18th

9. Heavy Fire: Afghanistan - April 24th

10. Dig Dug - April 27th

11. The Sims 3: Pets - April 30th

Games Started:

1. Persona 4: Golden - April 4th (20 out of 50 trophies)

2. Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus - April 29th (3 out of 34 trophies)

Backlogs Worked On: 

1. Final Fantasy XV - April 9th (54 of 58 trophies)

2. Titanfall 2 - April 17th (15 of 51 trophies)

Goals for May! I may be aiming a bit to high with some of these choices because of their length..

Games To Start:

1. Abzu

2. The Darkness II

3. Final Fantasy X (PS4)

4. Grand Kingdom

5. Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1

6. J-Stars Victory VS+ (PS4)

7. Legends of War: Patton

8. Lost Dimension

9. Need For Speed

10. Persona 5

11. Remember Me

12. Shadows of the Damned

13. Silver Case HD

14. Splatterhouse

15. Sword Art Online: Lost Song

16. Tales from the Borderlands

17. Time and Eternity

18. Type Rider

19. Under Night: In Birth EXE LATE

20. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

21. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Backlogs To Work On

1. Final Fantasy XV (54 of 58 Trophies)

2. Final Fantasy XIII (27 of 36 Trophies)

3. Persona 4: Golden (20 of 50 Trophies)

4. Battlefield 1 (25 of 36 trophies)

5. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (55 of 70 trophies)

6. Saints Row IV (48 of 71 trophies)

• Like 1

Goals (for the not so young year of 2017):

1.- Get a PS3 with a bigger hard drive (one of 500 GB or 1 TB would be nice). This is because of my big backlog and i need extra space to start tackling such games.

2.- Finally getting Alice: Madness Returns and Lollipop Chainsaw. Maybe giving an opportunity to J-Stars VS, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate and also the DLC for the such franchise (and the Harmony of Despair game). That is all i am planning to get.

3.- Attack my backlog.

4.- Planning on getting a PS4 AFTER diminish my backlog.

5.- Have fun and getting as much trophies as i can ignoring percentage completion, numbers and rarity.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
Adding content.
  • Like 2

Plan for 2017:

- reduce my backlog, so... not buying games for some time (last months in fact I've been selling more than buying)

- finish/platting 2 or 3 jrpgs, one of them Atelier Meruru 

- get that damned Vanquish platinum after so many years avoiding its damned 6th challenge

• Like 1

Well, a little more than a third of the year is gone already.

Now checking out my goals.

I haven't started my PP games yet, Prince of Persia and Tales of :/

On the bright side: I always try to keep at least one platinum per month, I have 8 already,  and all months covered, not bad :)

My completion is still above 60%, not bad :)

And I'm currently level 25.

I forgot I even posted in this thread, but here's an update:

My goals:

30 plats - currently 15, so halfway there

70% - 80% completion - seem to be stuck at about 60%

Clear at least 20 games from the backlog, not including any 2017 purchases. - 11/20

Try and get some more Ultra Rare trophies, maybe even a couple of UR plats - Complete Entwined and got the Slain Back From Hell plat.

Stick at 1-2 games per console until completion and don't get distracted by other games halfway through. - Uh, better than usual but not a complete success.

I also failed at the 'for every game I buy, I have to complete 2' goal within the first few weeks of the year.

• Like 1

Progress:

- Clear out more of my backlog (for all consoles, always a work in progress) - should get better with this, but did recently clear out some annoying trophies from some backlog games at least

- Reach PSN level 15 (currently 12) - currently 13 and close to 14, I'm gonna reach this

- 20+ platinums (currently 9) - Currently 17, pretty sure I'll be above this in not too long

- 75% or better completion (currently 57%) - ...52%. IT GOT LOWER

- 1500+ trophies - currently 1246

- Under 200 unearned trophies - currently 855 whoops

- Reach 2000 on Norway leaderboard - done! Overestimated how long this would take, now reaching for 1200

• Like 1

I normally don't have these but i still have set some goals for myself for the rest of this year, these will be very difficult but i'll try anyways.

• Get above 125 platinums (Currently 99)
  • Get in the top 100 of The Netherlands (Currently 143)
  • Most difficult one: under 100 F ranks (Currently 234) I will delete some of those PS+ games that i just installed without thinking, still about 250 remaining then
  • Above 165 S ranks (Currently 142)

I have a summer ahead with loads of free time, it should be doable to make some very good progress in this period.

Edited by Lars
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2017 at 7:57 PM, ee28max said:

My 2016 goals were risky, but I completed some of them at least :lol:.

So now, 2017 will be simple. Here are my goals:

• 15 Platinums
  • Reach PSN Level 13
  • Reach 1000 Trophies
  • Platinum at least most of the games in my Backlog
  • Get a new Fastest Platinum (Less than 2 weeks, 5 days)
  • Get 50 Gold Trophies

I think that'll do for 2017 :D.

Probably needs some more editing :P.

So, I may not be able to achieve all the goals set for 2017, but at least I'd complete some of them. Time for some changes. So, here we go:

2017 GOALS ⬇️

• :platinum: 25 Platinums 
  •  PSN Level 13
  • :hidden: 1000 Trophies 
  • ? Top 500,000 World Rank
  • ?? Top 1,000 Country Rank (South Africa)
  • :gold: 50 Gold Trophies
  • Like 2

Holding up relativley well up to this point, but I see a problem with my unearned trophies as I keep adding new games to my collection due to all the sales and this months PS plus games :D Hope that after this months ps plus games I can finally work on decreasing my unearned trophies :)

On 2016-12-12 at 11:25 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

I'll keep it simple and take small steps. 

First off, buy a PS4 in January.

Increase number of platinums to 20 (currently 8).

Increase number of 100% games to 20 (currently 7).

Average completion over 75% (currently 70.02%).

Number of unearned trophies kept under 300 (currently 287).

I'm here to give myself my mid term report card. 

Finally made the switch against my will to PS4 in May. FAIL! 

Currently on 14 platinums, I've looked through the PS4 library and can see five games I'd like to play and possibly platinum but I won't think about that until I'm done with Fallout 4. That might take a while since I want 100% too so it might rain platinums towards the end of the year. So theoretically that's 19. FAIL! 

100% games are at 15. If I go with the games I want to buy and platinum them I'll make it to 20. PASS!

Completion rate is currently 73.67%. I've made this harder for myself by unhiding the Last of Us but Fallout 4 will nudge me over the 75% I set as my target. PASS!..for now. 

My unearned trophies is at 329, again made harder by unhiding the Last of Us. Fallout 4 will ride to my rescue and I should be able to keep it under 300 from there. PASS. In theory. 

Conclusion. I'm awarding myself a C and extra homework. My first assignment is to write an essay entitled "Reasons why you shouldn't charge into a Super Mutant camp alone at level 5 with your only protection being that stupid jumpsuit and armed only with a 10mm and a pipe pistol you absolute moron". 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 11:27 PM, jaehyun1009 said:

100 plats

80% completion

Roughly 5 and half months later

100 plats (74->97) - almost there!

80% completion (76%->84%) - DONE

As a bonus, I'm also almost below 40% average rarity at the time of writing this

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 1

I'm not the best in achieving all the goals in that I ended up dragging a few 2016 goals into January, but here goes:

• Get the platinums in Tales of Berseria, FFXV, Atelier Sophie and Steins Gate 0.
  • Finish Persona 4 Golden and Disgaea 4 (the story at least) which have been stuck on my vita half done for months.
  • Getting the plat in FFX would be great too, but probably won't happen any time soon

The unrealistic ones which I probably will never bother with are to plat Tales of Symphonia, ToS Dawn of the New World and ToZ. My PS3 has already been shoved into my cupboard so I'd be unlikely to pull it out for these. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I plan on finishing a lot of franchises this year, the games are:

Assassin's Ceed III (finish up syncs), Assassin's Creed Syndicate & Assassin's Creed Origins

Far Cry 2 (MP is already done, just campaign to do) & Far Cry Primal

Skylanders Trap Team, Swap Force, Superchargers & Imaginators

Uncharted 4 & Uncharted The Lost Legacy (will play the remasters sometime too)

WWE 2K18, Tekken 7 & Rise Of The Tomb Raider & Tomb Raider PS4

GTA 3, GTA 4, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas & GTA 5

Skyrim PS4 & would also like to start Destiny sometime this year.

Also need to finish up some other games like:

Final Fantasy XIII, Tekken Tag 2 & Digimon All Star Rumble

Got a lot to do so we'll see how I do...I think doing monthly updates like others have done in this thread will actually keep me focused.

Edited by LambzGoHard
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On April 2, 2017 at 8:44 PM, Kevvik said:

So, a quarterly update...

100 plats (now 79)

5250 trophies (now 4103)

unearned trophies <800 (currently 1220)

a-z plat list complete (currently 23/27)

a-z plat list by system PS4 22/27 (now 18/27), PS3 17/27 (now 8/27), Vita 22/27 (now 16/27)

compleion rate >85% (currently 78.67%)

Most are on schedule but the Kill Your Completion event definitely kicked my unearned and completion rate in the junk. The goal for the next couple of months is to fix that.

New update...

100 plats (now 90)

5250 trophies (now 4715)

unearned trophies <800 (now 1371, sigh)

a-z plat list complete (currently 24/27)

a-z plat list by system PS4 22/27 (now 21/27), PS3 17/27 (now 8/27), Vita 22/27 (now 18/27)

completion rate >85% (currently 78.13%, curse you KYC)

So still on track for some, others not so much. Too many new games to enjoy and a couple of Kill Your Completion events are decimating my completion rate and unearned trophy counts.  Oh well, we'll see where we are at as we approach year's end.

• Like 1

Only a third of the year left, but here are my goals for the remainder:

-Achieve Level 15

-Achieve a completion rate of 70%

-Achieve a trophy grade of 'C' or higher for all my games this year and going forward

-Achieve a minimum of 20% completion for all my games this year and going forward

The last two goals are my more salient targets. I'm trying to not judge a book(uh game) by its cover. So instead of getting the first trophy for a game and thinking "yep, this is garbage", I'm gonna strive for a minimum of 20 % completion and C grade for all my games. That way if I reject a game as trash, at least my assumption would have a proper basis. I also think this is a good approach to help transition into a good trophy hunter. Who knows, maybe I'll increase the minimum threshold to 40%/B class or higher in the future.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2017 at 10:54 AM, christine_uk said:

I didn't do so well for my 2016 goals. They were  - achieve 5500 trophies, I only got to 4699, achieve 55% completion but only managed 45.75%, I did however achieve my goal of reaching 40 platinums so yey for that! I set myself a goal completing some of my Skylanders games and I did complete two of them however I wanted to complete all my LEGO games and I only added one more platinum to my collection for that game series.

This year I was a bit more reserved with my goals haha!

Total trophies: 6000

Completion: 50%

Platinums: 50

I once again aim to complete all my LEGO games.

I think I'm on track for total trophies and platinums but no way am I going to get 50%. I can't resist starting new games!!! LEGO hmmm not sure I will complete any but will start work on them again soon.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 8:41 AM, Edunstar84 said:

I only managed to reach 1 of my goals this year: platting Persona 4 Golden. I say it was the only one worth it among the other resolutions I made. With that said, I'll try to limit my goals to 4.

• Plat 15 PS3 games - getting a PS4 next year, and it would be great if I could complete more PS3 games
  • Plat Final Fantasy XIII - plan on buying FF15, so it would be nice to get this off my profile. Would love to include the other 2, but trying to limit my goals this year
  •  100 % Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - the first game I played on the PS3. Would be nice to complete it 
  • 25 plats - Platted 21 games in 2016, and it would be awesome to beat my score

EDIT: If hell were to freeze over:

• 100th plat

Wow! That would be so awesome! Maybe I should add that to my "If hell were to freeze goals".

Only managed to plat FF13. Don't know if I'll get to Uncharted 2 this year. Only managed 12 plats so far. Maybe if I can get 8 more I'll be happy with that.

• Like 2