RIP my neck. Re: Adamantoise

phoenix_shade

I was level 63 and took me only 30 mins. I ate that soup though that gives you 100% criticals and had the ultimate big sword from that hunt. Definitely was a bore. O well have my platinum now. Here's hoping they fix the story like they say they will. I will definitely play new game plus even if there's

no trophies if they fix the story.

Edited by Fozzyabear
  • Like 1

Fighting the Lv.120 Naglfar was awesome.

Fighting the Lv.110 Ayakashi hunt was awesome.

Fighting the Lv.99 MA-X Angelous-0 was awesome. (This one is even immune to Summon damage)

But Fighting Adamantoise? Boring! The Turtle is just a HP sponge, doesn't even damage you.

Also it's hard to keep the Lock in one place, thing keeps pushing you.

Even going through a certain dungeon full of Tonberries that took almost 3 hours to finish was fun.

Edited by GrayFT

People recommend getting the Zwill Crossblade as well as the soup that boosts crits. I used the Iron Duke and some food that boosted my attack by 400. Didn't have the ingredients to make the soup, and couldn't be assed hunting for them. Took me just about 40 minutes to finish it off, but man I've seen through the turtle's skull more than I actually saw myself land attacks on the goddamn jerk. Camera just goes completely tits up throughout that fight.

The secret is going in beefed up. Eat the right best food. Have your super weapons and accessories on. And level up! Those that spend hours could had reduce the bore by actualllt playing the game for the recipe and gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Took me about 15-20 minutes to beat him. I was level 80 something (didn't take long to level up if you use the Wyvern hunt mission at Ravatogh with Maagho Lasagna XP boost method) when I did this.

Get the Zwill Crossblades (the final mission from the old guy in Lestallum who makes legendary weapons from legendary bosses) and eat some Golden Tail Soup the night before the hunt. Equip Enhancement on Ignis and bring a couple of attack boosters and potions (you wont need too many of them if you do it right). When you face the Adamantoise, just hack away non-stop at its fins on the side while using attack boosters and Ignis' Enhancement boost with the Zwill Crossblades. Your critical hit will be above 100% due to the Golden Tail Soup and the Zwill blades so you'll register a ton more damage then usual. Use Armiger chain attacks on the fins and once the Adamantoise head goes down putting it in a Vulnerable position, just hack away at its face. Rinse and repeat and you should easily beat him in the fraction of the time that others take.

I got him in about an hour by spamming armiger and armiger chains. There's an accessory from the holiday pack (armiger accelerator) that will increase the armiger fill rate and halt the tech bar... only takes maybe 15-20 hits to fill up the gauge and then whack-whack-whack.

Improvements on my method that I'll try later because I didn't think it through the first time:

---Level higher than mid-60s
---Utilize ANY food buff, preferably the one that gives 100% crit (will need to find them first)
---Utilize some of the in-battle items that boost strength

---Equip any set of daggers as a main weapon-- preferably the zwills, if I decide to get them-- as daggers give an additional increase in quickening the armiger fill rate

---Get three accessory slots on at least Noctis to allow for an additional strength-boost accessory

Took me like 50 minutes, one of the most tedious boss fights I've ever had to endure. Ate spicy skewers and used the iron duke method.

Not worth getting the ingredients for golden tail soup and beating Naglfar for the cross blades if you just want the platinum trophy, if you plan on continuing this game then it's a different story.

• 1 month later...

OK, I beat this MF in like 30 minutes... Wasn't hard, but one bit of advice I'd have is to save up items and create quintacast magic to do 9999 5 times if you are on a high level with a single use of a spell (pretty much an easy 50,000 of health gone in an instant!!!). Magic type doesn't really matter.

Also, warping into his claws with a great sword and using arminger (or whatever it's called) works well to get him vulnerable. Spam Prompto's piercer and Ignis's enhancement as much as possible to increase your attack power.

When he is vulnerable use the daggers to quickly attack and to fill up your bar quicker and unleash your powers. Bring lots of curatives and the fight should be a piece of cake.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

• 1 month later...

Maybe common knowledge at this point, but patch 1.06 buffed the bejeezus out of the Ring of Lucii. I was able to kill the Adamantoise at level 53 in about 15 minutes just by using the ring spell that drains enemy health. Also tried using the Alterna spell about 20 times for an insta-kill but could never get it to hit.