Worth a buy ??

Natsuu24

Hey guys ^^ What you think ??
I saw some videos and gameplays, and like it. But some players are saying the game is too short and repetitive. I'm also in doubt of this or Batman Arkham Knight. The prices list here:
Mad Max - 25€
Batman AK - 23€ / GOTY with Steelbook - 40€

In my place what you would pick ?? 

I think they both have issues of repetitive gameplay. 

If you like car stuff (which both of them have a lot of) Mad Max kills Batman. On foot, hand to hand combat? Batman wins. 

I certainly don't think Mad Max is too short. If you like Far Cry & Assassins Creed it's a different style of that model. Batman is just like playing another Batman. Both are great in their own right. 

Hope that helps somewhat, take from it what you will.

Bought it on DAY 1 and don't ask me why. Got caught on the hype train and traded it back in the next day. For me very dissapointed. Yes I know gamers are going to reply "Don't buy day 1" or "It's your fault for getting hyped" Well it's my mistake. :blah: But then again some players like it so.......

EDIT: Decided to give it a second chance and I have to say I was mistaken. Maybe it was bad timing or I wasn't in the mood for the game but I'm having a great time with the gameplay. 

Edited by DF007gamer

• 4 months later...

The game is awesome! I'm a fan of Miller's movie franchise so this was a great treat for me. Large map, various locations to loot, Batman type fighting, EXTREMELY good car modifications (roaring V8) and much much more. If you get it enjoy.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 5:29 PM, ElBolovo said:

It's one of the worst games I played in my PS4, I would stay away. The found the control and driving very bad combined with boring missions and a horrible trophy list. At least the game is pretty. 

Says the gamer who mostly plays racing/linear games. Big open world is obviously not your thing.

1 hour ago, vujos said:

Says the gamer who mostly plays racing/linear games. Big open world is obviously not your thing.

Yeah, because a racing game fan would not know about what car controls should be :facepalm:

Also, if you explore my profile you will see that we have a similar amount of "big open world" games, try to look back in my profile and not just the past months. It think Saint's Row, Far Cry, Borderlands, GTA, Prototype, Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim qualify for your criteria.

11 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

Yeah, because a racing game fan would not know about what car controls should be :facepalm:

Also, if you explore my profile you will see that we have a similar amount of "big open world" games, try to look back in my profile and not just the past months. It think Saint's Row, Far Cry, Borderlands, GTA, Prototype, Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim qualify for your criteria.

Dude!!! Don't insult Mad Max ?. I love that game, I had to say something when reading that its "worst game ever" and its not.

The game is really good. I've played it already on XB1, but never got to finish it because I switched to PS4. Got it again and I still really love it.

Great open world, amazing 3rd person arkham style combat, only this time visceral and brutal, there are almost no borders in this game, the desert is huge. Car combat is so much fun and this game has probably the best gazoline explosions in a video game to date lol. Upgrading Max is fun and looks cool, building your main car is super fun, upgrading it. Finding the desert legend cars is also fun, the races are tough sometimes, but also fun, "Camp liberation" is also fun, Voice acting is top notch, visuals are great, for a car-combat game the car controls are ok and it's really fun to dismantle the oponents with harpoons, shotguns, explosive harpoons, ramming, spikes or whatever you can upgrade your car with.

But really, the map is HUGE. You have to have a big perseverance to 100 % this game.

Totally recommend it, one of the (a LOT) better movie license games.

Personally, I enjoy it more than the Batman games. But thats mainly because of the gritty and brutal Mad Max gazoline world.

On 21.4.2017 at 2:29 AM, ElBolovo said:

It's one of the worst games I played in my PS4, I would stay away. The found the control and driving very bad combined with boring missions and a horrible trophy list. At least the game is pretty. 

no, just no

Edited by Cyphroniite

6 hours ago, Juzota said:

I liked it. It's open-world so it does get repetitive but that's like every other open-world game.

Very true. Every open world game gets repetitive, so its expected to be bit grindy. Especially if you want it 100%, then any open world game will be.

• Like 1

I'd probably give the better game nod to Arkham as well, just better atmosphere, story, and graphics. But the Batmobile got a bit tiring in that, and 100 hours into Mad Max I still love chasing a convoy around and just exploring the gorgeous world.

That said, watch out for the infamous 190/191 scavenging bug.  I realized i had it with only about 10 locations to go and about halfway done with the story, but I enjoy this game enough I reverted back to a much earlier save with minimal grumbling. Still, I wish I had kept an eye on this from the beginning.

I got this for 8$ on psn and its probably in my top five dollar-to-entertainment value ratio. Whatever that means. Lol?

Edited by troutdog

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2016 at 3:18 PM, Natsuu24 said:

Hey guys ^^ What you think ??
I saw some videos and gameplays, and like it. But some players are saying the game is too short and repetitive. I'm also in doubt of this or Batman Arkham Knight. The prices list here:
Mad Max - 25€
Batman AK - 23€ / GOTY with Steelbook - 40€

In my place what you would pick ?? 

Any reason why you chose MAD MAX and only got half way through the storyline because I'm having a ball playing this game. Very underrated but I wouldn't obviously make it GOTY but it's good enough to complete. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

MM IS A BRILLIANT GAME if you enjoy exploring and leaving a game for a few days while u play another.

It MM will spawn a part two which will out do all other free roam games.

Cmon please do part two

On 6/20/2017 at 5:04 AM, darkblood000 said:

Don't know about Batman, but I just beat Mad Max and got the platinum. I got it on sale not too long ago when it was $10-15 on PSN, and honestly, I could've gotten this at release for full price and not regretted it. Lot of fun.

Same except Im on the ast trophy before plat. 6 challenges to do.

I'm replaying Mad Max now. Still having fun with it. The car controls are designed to be poor at the beginning so that you invest in upgrading the vehicle. Both games are collectible-fests. Batman is a AAA big budget title, Mad Max feels like a bit more middle-of-the-road in the greater scope of Game Development. 

Mad Max is very much like the movies, but while I didn't like them, I found the game to be just generally more enjoyable that Batman. /personal opinion