Manually Reporting Cheaters

Sly Ripper

Hi Sly, is it possible to open a topic for "special cases" of reporting? for example in case of large numbers of people to report... specifically Im talking about One Piece's game, it had a bug which didn't let anyone get the platinum, this has been fixed on november 9th, but there are 48 people on this site who got it earlier, that's 100% hacked with no doubts (it was a bug that couldn't be avoided)

So... do I have to report every single one manually or is it possible to make something like a query on the server to automatically flag anyone who got it before November 9th?

Edited by Elbender93
  • Like 1

Sly, theoretically say a user reports me (even though I am 100% a non-cheater), will I be notified? Can I defend myself? I played Linger in Shadows, and in that game, pretty much all the trophies unlock at the same time at the end of the runthrough if you did it right. Obviously I did not cheat, but it may look like I did to someone perusing through my trophies.

• Like 3

Hi Sly, is it possible to open a topic for "special cases" of reporting? for example in case of large numbers of people to report... specifically Im talking about One Piece's game, it had a bug which didn't let anyone get the platinum, this has been fixed on november 9th, but there are 48 people on this site who got it earlier, that's 100% hacked with no doubts (it was a bug that couldn't be avoided)

So... do I have to report every single one manually or is it possible to make something like a query on the server to automatically flag anyone who got it before November 9th?

No, someone has to do the work of reporting them, weather it's the staff or users.

Sly, theoretically say a user reports me (even though I am 100% a non-cheater), will I be notified? Can I defend myself? I played Linger in Shadows, and in that game, pretty much all the trophies unlock at the same time at the end of the runthrough if you did it right. Obviously I did not cheat, but it may look like I did to someone perusing through my trophies.

No, the game's whitelisted.

Don't worry. EVERYONE has that 100% and have it in a under 30 minutes.

No, someone has to do the work of reporting them, weather it's the staff or users.

No, the game's whitelisted.

Ok, great! I should have known that you already thought of everything! :P

Don't worry. EVERYONE has that 100% and have it in a under 30 minutes.

True...true.

I would hope people won't be reporting others as cheaters if they don't know much about the game(s) in question. If person A reports person B cheating on a game person A has not played, there should be a great explanation on how person A is sure that's cheating.

I would hope people won't be reporting others as cheaters if they don't know much about the game(s) in question. If person A reports person B cheating on a game person A has not played, there should be a great explanation on how person A is sure that's cheating.

Yes, that is certainly true. Hopefully, people will be mature enough to not try and slander others.

This is Rediculous.

1. There are games with over 100 Plat/100% earners, so you can't view every player.

2. You can report "cheaters" just by time stamp? Lame.

Where's the option for mass-reporting?

Lost Planet 2 for example: "Committed 'til the End" has to be the last trophy, which will unlock platinum trophy. So everyone awarded the gold trophy and does not have platinum hacked the game without a doubt. Everyone who played the game for a while can confirm.

Where's the option to report cheaters without timestamp?

Any music-game for example: I know who did them legit and who didn't. I know i did Michael Jackson 5 times, Lego Rock Band 6 times, GH Metallica and GH Greatest Hits and many more a shitload of times. But they wont ever be removed and will stay clean altho they suck bad ass playin these games?

This is Rediculous.

1. There are games with over 100 Plat/100% earners, so you can't view every player.

2. You can report "cheaters" just by time stamp? Lame.

Where's the option for mass-reporting?

Lost Planet 2 for example: "Committed 'til the End" has to be the last trophy, which will unlock platinum trophy. So everyone awarded the gold trophy and does not have platinum hacked the game without a doubt. Everyone who played the game for a while can confirm.

Where's the option to report cheaters without timestamp?

Any music-game for example: I know who did them legit and who didn't. I know i did Michael Jackson 5 times, Lego Rock Band 6 times, GH Metallica and GH Greatest Hits and many more a shitload of times. But they wont ever be removed and will stay clean altho they suck bad ass playin these games?

Go and report them then. I don't care for cheating enough to code massive amazing time-consuming features for them. We already have the best system out there.

• Like 2

Great. I reported 2 of those cheaters on the FInal Fantasy XIII leaderboards. 20 hours for the platinum? Everyone that played FF XIII knows 1 playthrough takes 35 hours. And then you need all other trophies that take at least just as long...

Oh and Sly, Maybe its an idea to change "Trophies earned in a few seconds" to "Platinumed in an impossible time" Or make an additional option for that. A platinum in 5 hours may not seem suspicious but it is if the platinum takes long grinding. Another example than I just mentioned is Just Cause 2. Someone managed to platinum it in 5 hours. The game wants you to achieve a 75% total completion. And the world is one of the biggest I have ever seen in a game. It takes at very least 30 hours of farming to get that. Maybe it can done quicker but everyone that played Just Cause 2 can confirm that 5 hours is not possible.

So this is why I request a change :)

• Like 2

The out of order trophies can sometimes be a case of clearing a higher difficulty and getting multiple at once like with X-Men Destiny and Terminator: Salvation as examples I know of, I also hope those that report know the games too as some can look a bit odd to people if they don't know about saving at certain points to get multiple outcomes which could look impossible all the way to DLC that automatically makes trophies unlocked or unlocked at a much sooner point in time.

Other than that though I see this as only a good thing although a small question if say I report someone are they removed from the lists automatically or do they get checked before being removed, I only ask this as I don't want to flag someone and then it turns out they were clean.

• Like 2

I also hope those that report know the games too as some can look a bit odd to people if they don't know about saving at certain points to get multiple outcomes which could look impossible all the way to DLC that automatically makes trophies unlocked or unlocked at a much sooner point in time.

Well, to avoid false positives, I would make sure to only flag games if you have a high % yourself (so you know enough about the game from personal experience) and/or if you can provide substantial info about the problem. Extra research to make sure no one legit has a bad time, since that's certainly not the point of a flagging system.

• Like 1