Manually Reporting Cheaters

Sly Ripper

Great. I reported 2 of those cheaters on the FInal Fantasy XIII leaderboards. 20 hours for the platinum? Everyone that played FF XIII knows 1 playthrough takes 35 hours. And then you need all other trophies that take at least just as long...

Oh and Sly, Maybe its an idea to change "Trophies earned in a few seconds" to "Platinumed in an impossible time" Or make an additional option for that. A platinum in 5 hours may not seem suspicious but it is if the platinum takes long grinding. Another example than I just mentioned is Just Cause 2. Someone managed to platinum it in 5 hours. The game wants you to achieve a 75% total completion. And the world is one of the biggest I have ever seen in a game. It takes at very least 30 hours of farming to get that. Maybe it can done quicker but everyone that played Just Cause 2 can confirm that 5 hours is not possible.

So this is why I request a change :)

Well that can be more of an addition probably :hmm: You can always just click on the plat icon for whomever cheated and then just explain why it's impossible to get trophy in such amount of time, like your example in Just Cause 2.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

I figure, We should just report. (Its not accusing if its true imo :) ) The user then move on with our day. Since people have to manually check over the reports. Please people make sure you know what you're talking about and the Description is very clear and easy to read so it doesn't end up wasting the time of the people tasked with Flagging and what not.

Sorry if that was a speal, i'm not trying to play admin. Just wanted to get that out there.

Carry on.

What happens if you wrongly accuse someone of being a cheater?

I wrestle with that same question. I've already flagged some reports as 'clean' and it pisses me off that people are reporting BS, like I want to say 'what are you thinking?' but not in a very nice way like that of course.

If we have any doubts to a claim on cheating we mark it as 'clean' it has to be blatant and well explained for it to be flagged as 'cheater'

I'd already brought similar concerns up myself although I had forgotten about Cross Edge... don't know how I did that but anyway I'd say going by the responses here there isn't anything to worry about since it sounds like they do quite a good check before marking someone as a cheat as eburkulosis had stated above.

I also must say this is working quite well by the looks of things so far, good job.

Then tell me who has removed more than 7,000 cheaters from their leaderboard, tell me who has automatic and manual anti-cheat systems put in place.

I'll tell you who, no one. Last night we manually flagged/removed 113 users.

It's a pointless battle. There will always be people who are upset that not enough users are removed or too many users are removed.

It really should have a slightly forgiving system. Someone who spends 10,000 hours on their account and have 300 plats should be not be seen equally as someone who spent 100 hours on 300 plats.

Enjoy reading 100's of reports.

Logged in users can now report cheaters via someone's trophy list for a game. You can only report 100% or plats, here's how to do it:

1g2X.png

It's pretty simple, just click the red text and fill in the form that appears:

hluh.png

If only a few trophies show the cheating, such as earning a trophy for collecting 15 items before earning the trophy for collecting 10 items, you can tick the box next to those trophies to make the staff's job quicker:

vxPq.png

Click "Send Report" and that's it, the staff will handle the rest.

Flagged users will be able to appeal a flagging but that's coming soon.

those reports are annonymous? to be fair i think it shouldnt be IMO, tho great job Sly cooper :P

Logged in users can now report cheaters via someone's trophy list for a game. You can only report 100% or plats, here's how to do it:

1g2X.png

It's pretty simple, just click the red text and fill in the form that appears:

hluh.png

If only a few trophies show the cheating, such as earning a trophy for collecting 15 items before earning the trophy for collecting 10 items, you can tick the box next to those trophies to make the staff's job quicker:

vxPq.png

Click "Send Report" and that's it, the staff will handle the rest.

Flagged users will be able to appeal a flagging but that's coming soon.

those reports are annonymous? to be fair i think it shouldnt be IMO, tho great job Sly cooper :P

Hi, I'm curious to know if the Buzz Quiz TV glitch/exploit is deemed as "cheating"? I've watched the video on youtube and you have to follow step by step to ensure it works, I highly doubt someone could do it accidently and even if there was a small possibility then it was the users choice in syncing them (knowing it wasn't legit). Most trophy guides do not mention it since they have labeled it as "cheating" and isn't it technically cheating if you don't earn the trophies in the intended way? I know there's exceptions but if you earn playing 1, 5, 20, 50, etc games all at the same time, that isn't considered cheating at all?

Would like to know everyones opinion.

Why is Hakoom non-reportable?

Hi, I'm curious to know if the Buzz Quiz TV glitch/exploit is deemed as "cheating"? I've watched the video on youtube and you have to follow step by step to ensure it works, I highly doubt someone could do it accidently and even if there was a small possibility then it was the users choice in syncing them (knowing it wasn't legit). Most trophy guides do not mention it since they have labeled it as "cheating" and isn't it technically cheating if you don't earn the trophies in the intended way? I know there's exceptions but if you earn playing 1, 5, 20, 50, etc games all at the same time, that isn't considered cheating at all?

Would like to know everyones opinion.

If there is a problem with the game itself, it is part of the game itself, and I'm absolutely fine with it. Glitching, exploits, same thing, if there part of the game, it isn't cheating.

• Like 2

Why is Hakoom non-reportable?

If there is a problem with the game itself, it is part of the game itself, and I'm absolutely fine with it. Glitching, exploits, same thing, if there part of the game, it isn't cheating.

Because the two trophies for the game you want to report him for is not enough.