C3 Community - Winner Andrea9281

49 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Platinum based on Time

Additional Points will be awarded based on Platinum completion time as listed below. Time is based on the 50th top time as listed on PsnProfiles. All games must be out for a minimum of 1 month, therefore any new games played (within the one month release) will have the additional points held until one month after release to determine accurate 50th top time. The points will then be added to the players score, all regular points will be awarded at time of playing

Im looking forward to staring season 2 and seeing all the new blood :D. About the time points would it be better going by the estimated completion time from trophy guides. The top 50 time on PSNP isnt a good representation of time as a 50 hour game could be a week or a few days. Also the site only tracks time from the first trophy popped so actual time could be much longer.

Also will PM the backlog choices soon :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Im looking forward to staring season 2 and seeing all the new blood :D. About the time points would it be better going by the estimated completion time from trophy guides. The top 50 time on PSNP isnt a good representation of time as a 50 hour game could be a week or a few days. Also the site only tracks time from the first trophy popped so actual time could be much longer.

Also will PM the backlog choices soon :) 

I will await to hear what Couch thinks but guides in general are also unreliable often quoting less than the real time required. Also many games do not have guides (or accurate times). I take your point on real time vs game play time. 

Regardless though I think by using the top 50 times the only games disadvantaged are the 20hr and under (10hr and under will be most disadvantaged) . Anything that is going to take more than one day is naturally going to be inflated in time thus punishing any game that some of you like to label shameful :) 

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, jem12345 said:

A new challenger has been revealed!

Reveal hidden contents

38f.png

Thanks to cj and couch for inviting me to this awesome league. The lineup of participants looks pretty good so far, and I can't wait to get started!

Oh my, this is getting serious. As long as you remember I am not impressed by platinums or completion rates.

There is only one true measure of a great hunter ..... the number of bronze trophies :P

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Oh my, this is getting serious. As long as you remember I am not impressed by platinums or completion rates.

There is only one true measure of a great hunter ..... the number of bronze trophies :P

In that case ....

Only 2000 or so that separate me from your bronze throne, Lego games here I come :giggle:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TwitchReflex said:

Great to be back for season 2! Will be sending my list of games to you soon CJ. The points system looks well adjusted to my play style; maybe witch and the hundred knight 2 might not be such a bad idea after all! lol.

Why don't you challenge yourself ...,., I hear Star Ocean 5 is fantastic ?

• Like 1

I think using the 50th plat for time is perfect.  Do all plats still award the base 10 points as last season?  Or is it actually possible to get a 2 point plat trophy?

I think the 10 point base + adjustments for time and rarity would be appropriate.

On 12/17/2016 at 3:32 PM, AnRoDr said:

Going to start with sending some friend requests to the people playing in this league, feel free to decline .... I won't take it personal .... I might cry though .... ;)

I may have ignored someone in this season I don't know yet.  I had a few random requests.  I am more than happy to add everyone in this league, just put C2 Invitational in the request so I know.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, josh_camp said:

I think using the 50th plat for time is perfect.  Do all plats still award the base 10 points as last season?  Or is it actually possible to get a 2 point plat trophy?

I think the 10 point base + adjustments for time and rarity would be appropriate.

Yep the the old 10 pt for a platinum is gone now so it would be technically possible to just get 2pts for the plat if it was common and under 5 hours. I am sure some of you are quite happy about this ?

6 hours ago, TwitchReflex said:

I also think, depending on what golden games are chosen, that perhaps choosing 5 runner up golden games as well would be good just in case the games chosen dont release when expected? Given the initial 12 could just be swapped around but, just an idea hah

Good idea , we should have a lot of game nominations to call on  with every entrant picking 4 each. Of course there are always some people that will just dick the system and pick 1 game 5 times, but hey what can you do ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, josh_camp said:

I may have ignored someone in this season I don't know yet.  I had a few random requests.  I am more than happy to add everyone in this league, just put C2 Invitational in the request so I know.

I think you added me, will check later :)

5 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Yep the the old 10 pt for a platinum is gone now so it would be technically possible to just get 2pts for the plat if it was common and under 5 hours. I am sure some of you are quite happy about this ?

Good idea , we should have a lot of game nominations to call on  with every entrant picking 4 each. Of course there are always some people that will just dick the system and pick 1 game 5 times, but hey what can you do ?

I didn't even know that was an option !!!! Also I just realized I may have sent 1 too many golden games haha. I'll have to look over that. Is there any rule against back log games being the same as golden games that you choose?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TwitchReflex said:

I didn't even know that was an option !!!! Also I just realized I may have sent 1 too many golden games haha. I'll have to look over that. Is there any rule against back log games being the same as golden games that you choose?

Backlog games need to be out prior to the start of the comp. If it's already out, then there isn't a problem.