Lock, Stock, and Barrel trophy question

Crzy Minus

So my understanding is that you gotta find all 96 barrels to unlock the trophy, and apparently your barrel progress also saves in New Game+ like if you pick the same barrel as before it counts as a new barrel. So my question is do I need to get 96 barrels during 1 playthrough or the multiple playthough progress barrels counts as well?

That's about it, oh and hoping to see a guide for all hints and holes trophies soon.

Thanks

Edited by CrazyMv94

The barrels are not 96. They should be around 50 (I didn't count them as I got them). 96 is the number of cumulative barrels you need over multiple playthroughs to unlock all the costumes for the boy and the artifact to paint Trico. Some say that there are 48 barrels in the game, so you would need at least 2 full runs to get 96. Also, about your question, you don't have to collect all the barrels on a single playthrough. I missed 2 and I got the trophy on my 5th run without picking any other barrels besides those 2!

On my first play through, I managed to find 33 barrels.

Going for my second play through now and will have to look more closely for the barrels.

There was one barrel underneath the very first antenna room. Has anyone been able to get that barrel? Is there a secret passage to get to that barrel, cause it's closed off by a fence.

6 hours ago, DysectorZA said:

On my first play through, I managed to find 33 barrels.

Going for my second play through now and will have to look more closely for the barrels.

There was one barrel underneath the very first antenna room. Has anyone been able to get that barrel? Is there a secret passage to get to that barrel, cause it's closed off by a fence.

That's easy. It's when you first arrive in that general area, before you go up the stairs and have Trico help you get to the window so you can get to the other side of the gate and open it. Right before the stairs look to your left (facing the stairs) and you'll find a small passage that you can walk into with the barrel in it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, VasilisR_T said:

That's easy. It's when you first arrive in that general area, before you go up the stairs and have Trico help you get to the window so you can get to the other side of the gate and open it. Right before the stairs look to your left (facing the stairs) and you'll find a small passage that you can walk into with the barrel in it.

Thanks! Seriously need to explore more on this second playthrough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C3DR1C-TH3O said:

Hi guys I noticed some of you have trouble finding all barrels in the game so i thought I could help by linking you a complete guide of a great trophy hunter! https://youtu.be/8-EXsjw7VTk 

Thank you for this guide. So there are exactly 48 barrels in the entire game?

My understanding is that when there were blue butterflies flying around, then there are barrels nearby?

So just after the first antenna room, right after the boy climbs up the well, there is that small open field, and there are a few butterflies flying around, but I cannot find any barrels? I thought I had to use Trico to climb to a ledge or something and there might be a barrel or two, but I cannot find the ledge. Or is there nothing in that section?

Anyone know what do the yellow butterflies mean?

49 minutes ago, DysectorZA said:

Thank you for this guide. So there are exactly 48 barrels in the entire game?

My understanding is that when there were blue butterflies flying around, then there are barrels nearby?

So just after the first antenna room, right after the boy climbs up the well, there is that small open field, and there are a few butterflies flying around, but I cannot find any barrels? I thought I had to use Trico to climb to a ledge or something and there might be a barrel or two, but I cannot find the ledge. Or is there nothing in that section?

Anyone know what do the yellow butterflies mean?

I don't know exactly about the butterflies, but yeah there are 48 barrels in the entire game so by following the guide I linked, you will get the trophy! :) About, the specific location you're asking, you can use the video to see if there's a barrel there. It's well detailed and easy to use! :)

30 minutes ago, C3DR1C-TH3O said:

I don't know exactly about the butterflies, but yeah there are 48 barrels in the entire game so by following the guide I linked, you will get the trophy! :) About, the specific location you're asking, you can use the video to see if there's a barrel there. It's well detailed and easy to use! :)

OK thanks.

Do you need to collect all 48 barrels in one play through? Or if you missed a few barrels in your first play through, can you collect it on your second or third play through?

Seems like a lot of these trophies keep count of your numbers and carry on through multiple play throughs.

3 minutes ago, DysectorZA said:

OK thanks.

Do you need to collect all 48 barrels in one play through? Or if you missed a few barrels in your first play through, can you collect it on your second or third play through?

Seems like a lot of these trophies keep count of your numbers and carry on through multiple play throughs.

No, the game keep count of the barrels already collected. So all you have to do is collect the missing barrels in a second or third playthrough :)

• Like 3