How is this game running on PS4?

DrGabenator

Eh....I'd have to say I've played both the Xbox and the PS4 version, and at the moment I'd say it runs kind of poorly on PS4.  I've had more crashes and dashboard issues in a few days than I ever did on the Xbox version, however it's a memory leak that they are aware of and in the process of fixing.

There are some graphical issues depending on what settings you are using - issues with rendering and screen tearing mainly, although I've had one or two major frame rate drops.  The under water looks like complete garbage at the moment, but again hoping that will be fixed when they bring in more detailed under water caves.

If you are looking for the trophies in particular, they are really finicky and glitchy - particularly Artifact Archaeologist and Veteran Paleontologist.

Overall though, I'm enjoying the game and for most part the official servers are relatively stable and lag free.  There does seem to be an issue at the moment with joining player dedicated servers though which the Dev Team are currently working on and trying to replicate.

• Like 1

I played it for a preview article I did. I thought the graphics were pretty poor, and there's a fair but of pop in and texture load in. It seems like a pretty glitchy game wherever you play it, though, e.g. loads of dinosaurs getting stuck in things, getting spawned next to enemies and instantly dying etc. Personally I wouldn't get it because I didn't enjoy the game at all, but I know a lot of people do. I wouldn't say its performance on PS4 should put you off getting it, if it's your kind of thing.

On December 13, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Rach said:

Eh....I'd have to say I've played both the Xbox and the PS4 version, and at the moment I'd say it runs kind of poorly on PS4.  I've had more crashes and dashboard issues in a few days than I ever did on the Xbox version, however it's a memory leak that they are aware of and in the process of fixing.

There are some graphical issues depending on what settings you are using - issues with rendering and screen tearing mainly, although I've had one or two major frame rate drops.  The under water looks like complete garbage at the moment, but again hoping that will be fixed when they bring in more detailed under water caves.

If you are looking for the trophies in particular, they are really finicky and glitchy - particularly Artifact Archaeologist and Veteran Paleontologist.

Overall though, I'm enjoying the game and for most part the official servers are relatively stable and lag free.  There does seem to be an issue at the moment with joining player dedicated servers though which the Dev Team are currently working on and trying to replicate.

The fps on xbox is worse than the ps4s and the stuttering is still there. I thought you said they patched it? 

• 1 month later...

I must say over all its One Fantastic game.

But the LAG issues are crazy, and thats on EU servers.  The amount of rubber banding on servers with 41/70 can be hellish and put people off.  If they fix the LAG it will be perfect, luckily I have never had crashes, not yet anyway.