Episode 5 freezes

CybersoldierNY

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I thought this game was supposed to use a new engine or something. It's kind of ridiculous how Telltale continue to make broken and buggy games. It's not like they're strapped for cash these days and they've known about these issues for years now. Enough is enough, FIX YOUR DAMN ENGINE! :angry:

It probably has to do with rushing the game. Telltale released this episode way too early.

3 hours ago, electoblaze said:

It's worked for me just fine. Got the plat already too. I'm in the U.S., west coast if that helps. You should probably try deleting and then reinstalling the game. If you haven't made it too far in chapter 5, I'd recommend you also go back to a previous sale file.

Yeah I tried deleting it and reinstalling the game, and still got the same issue. Send an email to telltale, hopefully they will have a patch out soon.

• Like 1

Mine crashed three times in episode 3 but managed to get it finished but can't get past Batman and Lucius at map in Batcave on episode 5 so stuck on 84% with everyone else until it's patched.

I read that PS4 version can be completed but still crashes a lot.

Edited by ZACHSP8
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, serialkilla1987 said:

Well I got the plat with no freezing but in a fight sequence against 4 enemies one was just a pair of lips, teeth and eyeballs. Very strange glitches in this one. Although I remember in a walking dead game the full train disappearing so I guess there should be no surprise.

Yah that happened to me too. I tazed a Pair of eyeballs and lips 

Yep, I've got the exact same issue on PS3. I finished the PS4 version just fine, (I did have the eye/lip bug though) but the PS3 freezes at the map when you walk over with Lucius. It's amazing to me that Telltale releases these games for phones,but can't even get them to run properly on a console. I know playing their games on Vita was a nightmare, I can't imagine what it's like on phones.

I sent them a support email, only to be told some nonsense about restarting the system when you get performance drops; no acknowledgement of my actual issue.

I really love Telltale games, it is such a shame they can't seem to make their simple games run smoothly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TastyEmpire said:

Yep, I've got the exact same issue on PS3. I finished the PS4 version just fine, (I did have the eye/lip bug though) but the PS3 freezes at the map when you walk over with Lucius. It's amazing to me that Telltale releases these games for phones,but can't even get them to run properly on a console. I know playing their games on Vita was a nightmare, I can't imagine what it's like on phones.

I sent them a support email, only to be told some nonsense about restarting the system when you get performance drops; no acknowledgement of my actual issue.

I really love Telltale games, it is such a shame they can't seem to make their simple games run smoothly.

I know what you mean I got the similar message from telltale;but how can you tell the performance is dropping when there is not that much going on, from wearing the bat mask to walk towards the map. To make it worst no way to manual save or go back within the episode to replay certain part of the episode like there older games.

3 hours ago, XShadowYakuzaX said:

Shame as I was hoping to get the plat today.

Same here man, I never had this issue with a telltale game, maybe some SFX sound loss and some minor frame drops but not like what happen with Batman episode 5

I had an issue with the game freezing followed by the game crashing once near the end of the 4th episode. Had the exact same thing happen twice within the span of about 5-10 minutes in episode 5, once in the kitchen in the asylum, and then again during the QTE sequence near the end. I've had a lot of other games freeze and crash on me on PS4 before, but this is the first game that seems to completely freeze up my PS4, can't access the dashboard or anything, I just have to wait a few seconds for the screen to go black, and then have the PS4 tell me the game has stopped working, followed by what seems to be a soft reset of the system.

I also experienced a glitch with one of the characters being invisible aside from his eyeballs and jaw in the asylum kitchen scene, both before and after the game crashed. Was pretty funny, but it also broke the immersion.

I've always had issues with Telltale games though, so it comes as no surprise this game is buggy, I only hope they patch it.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
Typo