Episode 5 freezes

CybersoldierNY

16 hours ago, CybersoldierNY said:

Had anyone else had, episode 5 freeze up, it happened to me three time and it's at the point when I'm trying to find Alfred and head to the map

I had one crash, and a few times it stuttered, but i expected it from TellTaleGames. I hope they do a better job with The Walking Dead Season 3

8 hours ago, TastyEmpire said:

Reinstalling didn't fix the problem when I tried it. Froze at the same spot. I just hope the fix isn't starting all the chapters again...

YES! It didnt work!! I'm going to post a link for this topic in their Facebook account, lets see if i get an answer.

Edited by BG_painter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

YES! It didnt work!! I'm going to post a link for this topic in their Facebook account, lets see if i get an answer.

We definitely need an answer for this, I've had Telltale games freeze on me before on PS3 but never multiple times in a row on the same exact spot.

44 minutes ago, TKdovahkiin said:

No more duplicates on the PS3 for me. Used to be fun to play a game the second time.

PS3 can't keep up. Not so much the developers. There is usually a problem with every game on the PS3 anymore.

Yeah, it's a shame really. Used to play it on both PS3 and PS4 but it seems the telltale games especially are getting worse on PS3. Gotta wonder if they are just pushing the episodes out without much QA testing. Also noticed they didn't have a patch for Episode 5 on PS3 like they did for PS4 which is probably the issue. I'm in the same place, no more telltale on PS3, Unless it for sure works, even then I might avoid it.

17 hours ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

Yah that happened to me too. I tazed a Pair of eyeballs and lips 

I had that on the PS4 version... along with Batman's cape just spazzing out in the fight sequence, essentially the end game.  It was as if his cape was upside down and rendered wrong as well, making it not look like a cape, but just the shapes that are suppose to be his cape.

But no freezing for me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Yeah, it's a shame really. Used to play it on both PS3 and PS4 but it seems the telltale games especially are getting worse on PS3. Gotta wonder if they are just pushing the episodes out without much QA testing. Also noticed they didn't have a patch for Episode 5 on PS3 like they did for PS4 which is probably the issue. I'm in the same place, no more telltale on PS3, Unless it for sure works, even then I might avoid it.

The last episode of Game of Thrones on the PS3 was darn near unplayable it was so laggy and buggy. I don't specifically remember any issues with Tales from the Borderlands on the PS3 though. I realize the PS3 is showing it's age these days, but it's not as if Telltale is trying to downgrade Uncharted 4 to run on a PS3.

Google some glassdoor reviews of what it's like to work at Telltale. It would appear they have no interest in actually fixing the issues that have plagued their games since TWD. Quantity over quality it seems.

I agree though; I'll be holding off on the PS3 versions until I know they are at least reasonably playable.

• Like 2

A response from Telltale via E-mail:

Kasen (Telltale Games Product Support)

Dec 14, 11:53 AM PST

Hello, 

Thank you for the message, and we sincerely apologize for any frustration caused by this issue. 
We have received reports of performance issues seen on the PS3 for Batman: The Telltale Series episode 5. 
We are investigating this issue and we have plans to release an update that should resolve the freezing, crashing, and other performance issues you may be experiencing. 

We do not have an exact date in which this patch will be available however we are working very hard to ensure that it is delivered as fast as possible. This is of very high importance to us, and I again am very sorry for the trouble. 

When the patch is available, you should receive it automatically through your PS3. Please allow if to download fully before opening the game application again. 

Regards,
Kasen

As always Failtale kept on having this problem for far too long where it ain't surprising that they aren't doing thier job at all to take out the freezing problem especially last gen versions. This is exactly why I hate them for it, and all of these upcoming games they are doing right now, it's their fault that they want to increase the quantity of the games than the quality of their pathetic performance. 

Fuck Telltale 

23 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I thought this game was supposed to use a new engine or something. It's kind of ridiculous how Telltale continue to make broken and buggy games. It's not like they're strapped for cash these days and they've known about these issues for years now. Enough is enough, FIX YOUR DAMN ENGINE! :angry:

Telltale on wanting consumers knowing that they will have new engine for every platform

giphy.gif

Edited by Superstarmaste1r
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, XShadowYakuzaX said:

A response from Telltale via E-mail:

Dec 14, 11:53 AM PST

Hello, 

Thank you for the message, and we sincerely apologize for any frustration caused by this issue. 
We have received reports of performance issues seen on the PS3 for Batman: The Telltale Series episode 5. 
We are investigating this issue and we have plans to release an update that should resolve the freezing, crashing, and other performance issues you may be experiencing. 

We do not have an exact date in which this patch will be available however we are working very hard to ensure that it is delivered as fast as possible. This is of very high importance to us, and I again am very sorry for the trouble. 

When the patch is available, you should receive it automatically through your PS3. Please allow if to download fully before opening the game application again. 

Regards,
Kasen

After the first email I replied back and this is what they said

Telltale via email

Dec 14, 11:52 AM PST

Hello, 

We are definitely working towards a patch that should fix this, along with any other performance you are seeing. 

Regards,
Kasen
Now it's a matter when this patch comes out
Edited by CybersoldierNY

hey!! glad to know they answered it, not so happy to know they don't have a date for the patch.. :/ better start hunting another plat then... Thank you guys! lets keep talking and if i hear anything about the patch's release date, i'll let u all know!

thanks every1!

Edited by BG_painter

3 hours ago, TastyEmpire said:

The last episode of Game of Thrones on the PS3 was darn near unplayable it was so laggy and buggy. I don't specifically remember any issues with Tales from the Borderlands on the PS3 though. I realize the PS3 is showing it's age these days, but it's not as if Telltale is trying to downgrade Uncharted 4 to run on a PS3.

Google some glassdoor reviews of what it's like to work at Telltale. It would appear they have no interest in actually fixing the issues that have plagued their games since TWD. Quantity over quality it seems.

I agree though; I'll be holding off on the PS3 versions until I know they are at least reasonably playable.

That's funny that you mention Game of Thrones, I played that on PS3 as well and there was a hell of a lot of lag in that last battle, I barley knew what was going on lol. 

Reading all these reports made it obvious why I started the PS3 version first. It'll be much more enjoyable on PS4.

Anway, it's about time for me to start episode 5, we'll see if I'm somehow lucky and don't get the crash. It's unlikely, but I still want to try.

edit: Here's what I noticed so far in the first few minutes:

All previous episodes had German subtitles, this one has a little bit of both.

NPCs seem to spawn and despawn randomly.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

I had the same bug during the final fight with Lady Arkham, really took me out of the drama and kind of let the episode down for me. Also had a strange glitch in the Arkham skirmish, when there was the insides of a character model's face just floating about. Even when Batman had to determine his plan of attack, it was still there... 

I love Telltale, but jeez guys... 

1 hour ago, gameoncomrade said:

And this is probably why The Walking Dead: A New Frontier will not hit X360 and PS3. The last generation of consoles just can't keep up anymore *listening to Elton John's Sorry seems to be the hardest word* :(

It was a matter of time before they would no longer put their games on last gen consoles. Batman was the final nail for telltale.