Episode 5 freezes

CybersoldierNY

On 12/19/2016 at 5:22 PM, V-A-T-O-M said:

Im also at 84 % now , chapter 5 3/6 cant even start the episode, as soon as i try to enter the 5 th chapter with the "continue" it turns black and the ps3 freezes . Also have no clue. Shall i reinstall or how should i handle it 

Have you updated the game with the lastest patch yet? That was solving a lot of issues players had after getting their 3rd trophy in episode 5.

Edited by CybersoldierNY

Yes ive already updated before i started. I played the PS3 version on my acc and on an friends account, i had no issues. Got the plat with only 4 crashes of the system, but when i playd his acc the Episode freezed at chapter 5 3/6 . So what i did was delete the game save data BUT NOT THE GAME ITSSELF. (In the Playstation-Save files Menue). After that i restarted Chapter 5 without any lags and further problems it went smoothenr  because your decisions had no influence, to the chapter itself / just a theory. But after all i got both, mooving forward to the Ps4 version now.

But still thank you for the answer

• 2 weeks later...

By some reason last episodes trophy "The Legacy" didn't pop for me. I tried to remove the save file, start over and choose all different answers in the dialogue and doing the objectives in a different order. Then, that second time I got the trophy. Game was trash anyway... I had higher expectations on this game. However I got it just because of this really easy platinum. I also got the Telltale collection package for PS4 on the current january sale. Now it's 20 $ instead of 90 $. I did also plat Minecraft Story Mode on PS3... So this was my last Telltale game for PS3... for sure...

my problem is that the game froze in the arkham asylum kitchen scene while attacking lady arkham but now when trying to continue the game, i always have a black screen. so only thing i can do is quit the game. does anybody have the same problem?

EDIT: I deleted my savegame and started episode 5 from the beginning. finally got platinum. what an awful game on ps3.....

Edited by ALLSTAR_1980
  • Like 1

So I had this game freeze on me a couple of times during my PS3 playthrough, so I just went offline and I had zero issues for the remainder of my playthrough (halfway through Ep 3, all of Ep 4 and 5). Just food for thought if some of you are having freezing issues, just disable your internet connection on the PS3 and see if that works for you like it did for me!

• Like 3

Just completed chapter 6 of episode 2 and it took me almost an hour just to get it done.  Game kept freezing during the fight scene at the end.  On my third attempt I then disabled the internet connection and tried again and got it.  Was still very slow on loading but eventually got through it without any crashes/freezes.

Will definitely be disabling the internet for the rest of the play-through.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 09/04/2018 at 10:55 PM, kingdrake2 said:

froze on me, need to restart chapter 5. i was halfway to finishing the episode. should finish by tonight hopefully.

That is very strange. Last time i plated loooong ago it was not freezing anymore. Make sure you install patches or updates if it has it.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So I thought It was a good idea to see what the fuss is all about and holy god it is bad. How does games like this ever get the gold to release? Is this any worse than the recent like Cyberpunk 2077?? xD

So far I havent really have an hiccups besides a freeze here and there which made me have to restart, ok no biggy it seems, just gotta reboot the game but atm I am sorta stuck at episode chapter 3/4, the part when bruce rush back to the mansion to find alfred taken from the pool room. After I click the evidence, I dont get the link!! I have rebooted 2-3 times..eeek, should I start worrying?XD

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

So I thought It was a good idea to see what the fuss is all about and holy god it is bad. How does games like this ever get the gold to release? Is this any worse than the recent like Cyberpunk 2077?? xD

So far I havent really have an hiccups besides a freeze here and there which made me have to restart, ok no biggy it seems, just gotta reboot the game but atm I am sorta stuck at episode chapter 3/4, the part when bruce rush back to the mansion to find alfred taken from the pool room. After I click the evidence, I dont get the link!! I have rebooted 2-3 times..eeek, should I start worrying?XD

I played these back to back in December but the only issue I had was a character not loading in but still talking in Episode 2 of Season 1IIRC. A restart solved it but I know some people have had to delete and reinstall the episode to resolve various issues. 

• 10 months later...

I got a sealed, brand new version of this game so no scratched that could cause issues.

Despite that, I have had terrible issues with this extremely buggy game freezing constantly, sometimes at the end of chapter 4 or 5 when almost all trophies were completed. Then I’ve had to reinstall the chapters or the whole game again, it’s absolutely maddening. 

• 2 months later...

I didn't experience any slowdown in any battles.

The game froze on me twice, both times was at the very start of an episode, both ep 2 and ep 3.  It caused the screen to go black, you hear the batman music in the bg, yet the console essentially freezes.  After restarting once each time and reloading the problem fixed itself.  I'm speculating yet I think the freezing is from the fact that the game is actually trying to load the specific cutscenes necessary, based on your choices made.  Since the later episodes all start out with "last time on Batman" it's at that point where the game has to load the proper scenes to show based upon all the choices you made during the prior epsiode. 

Jurassic Park froze on me twice as well, yet it was just random it seemed and after restarting the system it worked right away.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2017 at 7:20 PM, ALLSTAR_1980 said:

EDIT: I deleted my savegame and started episode 5 from the beginning. finally got platinum. what an awful game on ps3.....

That's saved me, thanks!

April 2022 STATUS

Got this awful US disc version brand new years ago without knowledge that have only one episode on the disc with the season pass.

The pass only work with a US account, gladly once downloaded works in other regional accounts.

Strangely the game in menu only allow you download ONE episode and once was downloaded, the game strangely change the other remain episodes in "coming soon" status with no logical reason so I restarted my PS3 to "reset" this dumb status for each downloaded episode.

Even with the episodes downloaded, this damn game strugle several times to run. Frame rates, hardware freezing, black screen and other issues. I already finished few other Telltalle Games on my account and this one is so far the most unpolished of all. Hard believe that got gold to be released, definetly DON'T worth the full retail price that they ask. 

4437MB of installed patches.

Ver.1.06

I couldn't proceed on the chapter 5 after get the upgraded suit inside the Bat Cavern from Lucius. The game shows a black screen, the blackgroud music still playing but no loading icon or the Vale house intro scene appears.

Reseted the console 6 times, no progress.

Played offline too, nothing.

Decided back up the save, deleted the save and start the entire chapter 5 again. I was worry in not getting the platinum because the new save don't have any previous records from the previous finished chapters.

But the nightmare ended once I finished and got the remain trophies from the 5th episode and the platinum appeared here.

I will avoid Telltalle games from now... don't worth the stress in downloading or installing chapters again. Not counting the impression that the running game is killing your hardware, how bad this thing runs! Not recommend, avoid If you can!