New Site Update Bugs & Feedback

BlindMango

My apologies. I've been working 16 hour days every day (even my off days) in order to save up some extra money for the house I should be closing on in January. I had every intention of updating that thread but real life got the better of me, I appreciate you making this one. 

Parker

• Like 4

Just now, Parker said:

My apologies. I've been working 16 hour days every day (even my off days) in order to save up some extra money for the house I should be closing on in January. I had every intention of updating that thread but real life got the better of me, I appreciate you making this one. 

Parker

You're good Parker! I got your back :P

2 minutes ago, Urushiro said:

@Sly Ripper Is there any kind of alternative code that can be used? it was much simpler for  editing large posts, spoilers, and removing accidental quotes.

I was just about to ask this when I read html is no longer unsafe. I had asked Sly a year ago about html use, but it was unsafe. But now? Because html is what I've been dreaming of for sooo long. 

49 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

• Creating a new gaming session is nearly impossible to click inside the description box and actually type something. (Not sure what this means, too small on mobile?)

I'm using FireFox on PC.  It's nearly impossible to click inside the description box to type anything.  I have to spam click and hit many keys on my keyboard just to get it to respond and use the text input field.  I'm thinking a video demonstration would be best to show this off. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

I'm using FireFox on PC.  It's nearly impossible to click inside the description box to type anything.  I have to spam click and hit many keys on my keyboard just to get it to respond and use the text input field.  I'm thinking a video demonstration would be best to show this off. 

Thanks, should be fixed now! :)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I don't know if I'm not doing this the right way, but when I click on someone's status update I am taken to their profile instead of being able to write a comment or read other replies from the main forums page. It would be nice if we could do that, makes it faster to check through everyone's updates while replying on those we want without having to head back to the main forums page from a user's profile every time we reply to someone. 

Similar things are listed above but not exactly this. I don't know if whoever asked for "viewing the enterity of a status update on the sidebar" also included both reading and writing replies from there too, if they did, my apologies.

Also thank you for all the work you are putting into this, the site looks so good! 

Not sure whether it was mentioned already and I can't find it in the long list of issues, so sorry when this was brought up already. In the old version, when you browsed games by letter, you got all games on one page. Now you have to click through who knows how many pages. Is there a way to view all games on a single page again?

1 minute ago, AppleKratue said:

Not sure whether it was mentioned already and I can't find it in the long list of issues, so sorry when this was brought up already. In the old version, when you browsed games by letter, you got all games on one page. Now you have to click through who knows how many pages. Is there a way to view all games on a single page again?

It's there ;)

"When selecting a letter in the games section, the order always defaults to latest games, even if it's changed to alphabetical, it will revert when leaving the page  Furthermore there now being several pages per letter makes it a pain to navigate."

• Like 1

I noticed a bug that has occurred during the transfer. Any game that has a letter with an accent in the title, the forum name has cut off everything including and after the letter with the accent.

For example:

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo = https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3782-s/

ABZÛ = https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/4491-abz/

Shütshimi = https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3385-sh/

I'm not sure exactly how many of them there are, and I don't know if it will also do the same thing if a new game is added with a letter with an accent in the title.

EDIT: Brütal Legend is fine, but the forum name is listed as Brutal Legend without the accent. https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/155-brutal-legend/

Edited by Stevieboy

12 minutes ago, Omar said:

I don't know if I'm not doing this the right way, but when I click on someone's status update I am taken to their profile instead of being able to write a comment or read other replies from the main forums page. It would be nice if we could do that, makes it faster to check through everyone's updates while replying on those we want without having to head back to the main forums page from a user's profile every time we reply to someone. 

Similar things are listed above but not exactly this. I don't know if whoever asked for "viewing the enterity of a status update on the sidebar" also included both reading and writing replies from there too, if they did, my apologies.

Also thank you for all the work you are putting into this, the site looks so good! 

How and where are you viewing the status updates? Have you tried viewing all statuses by going Forums > Activity (top left under PSNProfiles icon) > My Activity Streams > Status Updates. That lists all status updates and you can reply to them directly on that page without going to a person's profile. It does take a few clicks but to solve that you can setup that stream as your default by selecting the checkmark beside the stream name. Once it is set to default, it replaces the "Unread Content" icon on the top right under the search bar. Then you can just click on that icon from anywhere in the forums to see all status updates.

Edited by MStalker58
Typo

1 minute ago, BlindMango said:

It's there ;)

"When selecting a letter in the games section, the order always defaults to latest games, even if it's changed to alphabetical, it will revert when leaving the page  Furthermore there now being several pages per letter makes it a pain to navigate."

Oh, good, thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MStalker58 said:

How and where are you viewing the status updates? Have you tried viewing all statuses by going Forums > Activity (top left under PSNProfiles icon) > My Activity Streams > Status Updates. That lists all status updates and you can reply to them directly on that page without going to a person's profile. It does take a few clicks but to solve that you can setup that stream as your default by selecting the checkmark beside the stream name. Once it is set to default, it replaces the "Unread Content" icon on the top right under the search bar. Then you can just click on that icon from anywhere in the forums to see all status updates.

I'm talking about the main forums page, on the side you have the "Recent Status Updates" sidebar. In the previous forums I could see replies and reply to them from there, which is why I never had to use the "view all status updates" section. Now, on that sidebar in the main forums, whether you click on "x replies" or on "x minutes ago", you are taken to the user's profile to write a reply on the status update. What I'm suggesting here is whether if it would be feasible to reply and read replies to status updates from the main forum page sidebar as we could do before. I can use your method and try to get used to it if managing what I suggest is not possible or is simply not requested enough ^^

@Omar: Okay I see where you are talking about now. Just wasn't sure if you knew about the other method and could use it as a workaround for now. Totally agree that it would be a lot more user-friendly and intuitive to have a "View All Status Updates" link right under that "Recent Status Updates" sidebar like the old site or at least make it to where you can reply straight on that page without going to someone's profile. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:
  • Bring back BBCode! We can't, it only existed because filtering HTML was unsafe, it isn't anymore :(

• Games with the default language of Japanese but have English versions of the list use the Japanese version of the lists trophy titles and descriptions for the guide. Examples are the Oreshika and Catherine guides. They used to display as English on the old site. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, BBCode was so convenient.

The NA Catherine guide always had Japanese trophy names, as the NA and Japanese list are shared for some reason, while the EU version has an English list.

3 hours ago, Parker said:

Parker

I would resort to drugs if I had to work 16 hour days. I got fired from a job six months ago because my back couldn't handle 12 hour shifts of manually moving a few thousand boxes only to be mistreated by incompetent management because they couldn't do their own jobs.

Going back to topic, my big complaint is looking through the games directory. I don't want to have to sift through several pages on the 'S' category just to look for a game I may be interested in if the trophies are doable. It was better having all of the games listed in one go so I could scroll down and see what I'm looking at.

It used to be easier to see whether a game had guides straight from the game's page.

The link to the guides would say Tips if the game didn't have any guides, Trophy Guide if it had one guide, and Guides if it had multiple. Now it's Trophy Guide if a game has one guide, and Guides for everything else.

tFte44I.png

There's now no way of knowing if this game actually has a guide or not without clicking on it, which is kind of inconvenient.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

It's there ;)

is there a way to make it stay alphabetical? i like how it stayed what i chose on the old site... not having to switch every time... like keeping it on percent on my profile

• Like 2

On the forums, the bottom of threads now says "Recently Browsing" instead of "Currently Browsing" or whatever it was before. Shouldn't it be current since it's from people who are currently reading the thread? Correct me on my nitpickiness if I'm wrong though.

Edited by flashpool23