New Site Update Bugs & Feedback

BlindMango

5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I'm not sure about this one, maybe Sly didn't want signatures to take up so much vertical space or the forum software doesn't allow anything more. You tagged his name so if he has a better answer than that I'm sure he'll let you know. For now I'd say you'd have to adjust it, but I don't want to add signature height to the list because I want to try to keep it focused on major bugs or issues.

Yeah I cut nine pixels from the bottom image for now. "Unfortunately", all major stuff I've encountered has already been put on the list so I couldn't bring to light anything more important than signature height ;)

Another very minor thing I have spotted (cant see it listed anywhere) is that when you post a comment in a guide, it now uses your psn avatar rather than the forum one. The older comments have our forum avatar but any new posts don't

Not important at all but just mentioning it in case it helps with the snagging :)

1 minute ago, Evertonian said:

Another very minor thing I have spotted (cant see it listed anywhere) is that when you post a comment in a guide, it now uses your psn avatar rather than the forum one. The older comments have our forum avatar but any new posts don't

Not important at all but just mentioning it in case it helps with the snagging :)

Sure about this? AFAIR the guides always used the PSN-avatars. E.g. whenever I saw a comment by Satoshi I always saw his Plutia-avatar and never the one he uses in the forums.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

Yeah, guide comments have always been PSN avatars ;)

• Like 1

Some things about links:
1. If I write a text and add a link to one part of it by clicking the button in the editor right before I enter the next character that shouldn't contain the link, the link will continue to expand to the text that I will be writing next and won't be limited to the selected text only.
The link should only span this, but the part after the comma shouldn't.

It can be fixed by hitting Enter and then writing the text without the link, deleting the paragraph and combining the two parts afterwards. But it's a bit fiddly.
Altering the link text (by hitting the button or double clicking the link) doesn't help either, because when I remove the ', but the part after the comma shouldn't.' from the link text it gets removed from the text, too.

2. Can the style for the links be altered a bit? IMO it's a bit hard to distinguish between normal text and links. Maybe the blue can be made a little bit lighter or some kind of underline could be added to it?

21 hours ago, Urushiro said:

I'm able to see all of your games on your profile. Do you have the option "Hide games on profiles with 0%" selected in your settings? I'm also able to view all of them past M when viewing your list in alphabetical order.

Thanks taking the 0% thing away  did it but I didn't activate it in the first place but the 0% thing is obviously causing an issue as it wouldn't show me games I had at 90% but at least I have it working.

Just think may be an issue for people who do wanna hide 0%

On 12/13/2016 at 4:09 PM, BlindMango said:

Double spacing when pressing Enter We can't fix this, use Shift + Enter and it will make a single space ;)

@Sly Ripper There's no way to add a single line break while using the mobile site since you can't press shift + enter. Can a button be added that causes a line break? Can you also add a button for a horizontal rule?

Edited by Urushiro
added quote

On 13/12/2016 at 10:09 PM, BlindMango said:
  • Double spacing when pressing Enter We can't fix this, use Shift + Enter and it will make a single space ;)

You know Mango.
At first I thought this would be useful. I just found out it's still crap.

Try copy/pasting text from OpenOffice (formatted to have NO F***ING space between lines) into the edit box and see what happens.

This is what happens

PRIORITY LEGEND
Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze

EDIT: I don't know what happened here. I swear it had spaces before the last edit I made :|

Not only it's a pain to use this effing new edit box, we can't even work around it formatting our text with an outside editor.

This is bullshit at the Nth power. 

Even shittier, if you use SHIFT+RETURN in OpenOffice it does keep no space between lines in the edit box, pity that you can't treat each line as separate if you want to make them into a bullet list.

This is what happens if you bullet list it in OpenOffice

• PRIORITY LEGEND
    Platinum
    Gold
    Silver
    Bronze

This is what happens if you bullet list it directly into this edit box

• PRIORITY LEGEND

• Platinum

• Gold

• Silver
  • Bronze
  •  
Edited by Doctor Doom
  • Like 1

I second @Doctor Doom. I tried to update the list in one of my posts but due to the sheer amount of spoiler-boxes it's easier to handle from the outside and injecting the text with some supported bbcode into the editor. The only problem is:
You can't tell how the editor reacts to even simple things like newlines. If I copy the same text into a post the behavior changes depending on simple things like Is the bold-button pressed in the editor.

When I copy the following text (http://pastebin.com/9SmJugRr) into this editor on a normal line without formatting this happens:

Spoiler

Input:
vnKdDJb.png

Result:

tEZKoH8.png

When I copy some other text (http://pastebin.com/BNDSjhyS) into this editor it's even more weirder:

Spoiler

Input:
QxCpEhr.png

Result:

KIn0Pdb.png

And to see the result directly in this post.

This is a normal formatted line and right after this I copied the one bbcode-snippet.

1. Crimson Idol

Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombies *Ready to pop*

Probably:
Volume

This is a bold formatted line and right after this I copied the one bbcode-snippet.

1. Crimson Idol

Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombies *Ready to pop*

Probably:
Volume

I know BBCode is not really supported and we are encouraged to use the Rich Text Editor that generates the proprietary IPBoard-format but working with larger topics in an editor that thinks that it's good to automatically embed Youtube-videos or images or keeps the formatting of pasted text (or you have to click that small message bar every time) is not comfortable for many of us. And using the preview doesn't help either as some things like that newline bug may appear  totally different in the preview.

@Crimson Idol

Not to mention that there is no way to manage a "spoiler" in rich text without using BBCode.

BTW Sly! Thank you for fixing the single return. Much appreciated.

Also. I have yet to find a decent way to manage my checklist topic from an external document. With all the platinum icons it gets really weird.

If you copy paste a link as simple text in the edit box, it gets parsed and it becomes an image. If you paste multiple links at once they don't.

If I have the images directly in the document and paste those, the edit box will put a space between them.

Sad.

10 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Lots of things fixed today on the main site, excellent work Sly! :yay:

I figured out a way to get rid of the text in my checklist from the old site. I wasn't able to edit the info inside of the spoiler but I could erase the entire spoiler itself...which ended up having to be done to everything in there. 

For those that don't know how to do it, click the gray area above the box where you would start typing. When you see the entire spoiler box is bordered in blue lines just hit delete.

Don't know if it was already mentioned (checked your list and couldn#t find it):

It's not possible to change the language of the trophies (at least for me) I tried it with a few games but when I choose a different language it's still english (it's not such a big deal for me but would make things easier xD)

5 minutes ago, Doctor Doom said:

Is it normal for the "reputation activity" page to be empty?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/2190-doctor-doom/reputation/

By default it shows reputation from status updates. You haven't recieved any from status updates, so it shows as blank. If you go here, it'll show the reputation from forum posts. I don't think there's a way to show reputation from all sources at once.

Just now, Urushiro said:

By default it shows reputation from status updates. You haven't recieved any from status updates, so it shows as blank. If you go here, it'll show the reputation from forum posts. I don't think there's a way to show reputation from all sources at once.

Oh sorry. Didn't even notice.

It'll take a while to learn every nook and cranny of this new forum.

4 minutes ago, X_senka_X said:

It's not possible to change the language of the trophies (at least for me) I tried it with a few games but when I choose a different language it's still english (it's not such a big deal for me but would make things easier xD)

7 hours ago, Hershel__Layton said:

I'm italian.

if i choose italian language for my games, nothing change. They remains in english language.

What internet browsers are you both using? Also is it certain languages, or certain lists, or just changing languages altogether?

29 minutes ago, X_senka_X said:

Don't know if it was already mentioned (checked your list and couldn#t find it):

Setting the language directly on the game-pages works and setting the default via the Settings works fine too, at least for game-pages.
Want doesn't work for me: Setting a different default language than English in the Settings and seeing that language's trophy list translation in the Trophy Advisor, Trophy Log and in that small area above my game list.