New Site Update Bugs & Feedback

BlindMango

11 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Setting a different default language than English in the Settings and seeing that language's trophy list translation in the Trophy Advisor, Trophy Log and in that small area above my game list.

I never tried before, but I don't think it has ever worked in Log and Advisor.

Dunno what you mean exactly with "small area above my game list" tho.

I just tried to add a new user to the leaderboards, and it said "validating". I left it like that for about a minute without anything changing, but as I searched for the user in the leaderboards a few minutes later I found it. I checked the profile and it had zero views, so it must have updated even though the page claimed to be validating. 

On 14/12/2016 at 5:43 PM, BillyHorrible said:

The signature space has gotten a few pixels smaller - see my (current, as of this writing) signature, the text underneath the image has been cut off while I initially created the image so that the text would still be visible. I would like it if those ten or so pixels could be added back to signature height, or if the reason behind the missing height could be explained.

This is probably one of the few changes I really like so far. In fact, removing more pixels would make me happier. I belonged to a phpBB forum where image sizes and signature heights were very restricted. Many image sizes in sigs were limited to essentially the size of the small trophy cards on this forum. It was heaven. The forums became so much more tidy and readable. Some people's sigs here are like entire web pages ripped from geocities. When people come into forum threads and only type one line responses and then have a sig full of huge, garish images that takes up half the screen on my Macbook it becomes a bit annoying.

On 15/12/2016 at 5:24 AM, Dav9834 said:

A client in this post on ipboards stresses the issue and gets the answers. The responses aren't what a client would want to hear imo, and I'm completely turned off by ip boards now by the flip flop responses. This explains the bbcode issue the best I believe. 

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/417407-ips-40-the-current-state-of-bbcode-and-its-future-is-bbcode-officially-abandoned/

I read through that, and a couple of other linked topics in that thread and I'm a bit disappointed. The WYSIWYG editor is garbage, inserts random blank lines after some links, you get link run-on after you do post one and dragging boxes that contain both text and links borks them completely and makes it impossible to finish composing your post.

I did however pick out one thing that was mentioned in that thread but wasn't discussed at length and that is the site performance in IPS4.0. I noticed it immediately and brought it up in the old update issues thread but it didn't make the bullet point list in this new topic. That is, that page load times have increased dramatically in this version of the boards. In the most basic cases the page load times have only doubled, but the one instance that highlights it more than others is the activity link to Content I Posted In. This is a minimum 20 second page load and it's ludicrous. As I mentioned in the previous thread, switching between 'expanded' and 'collapsed' makes no difference in load times, and this is my most used forum link.

Navigating and posting in this forum is becoming more of an annoyance and that's not good for community engagement. It's going to cause me to not only post less, but lurk less and potentially miss topics I would otherwise be interested in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IronMask75 said:

I did however pick out one thing that was mentioned in that thread but wasn't discussed at length and that is the site performance in IPS4.0. I noticed it immediately and brought it up in the old update issues thread but it didn't make the bullet point list in this new topic. That is, that page load times have increased dramatically in this version of the boards. In the most basic cases the page load times have only doubled, but the one instance that highlights it more than others is the activity link to Content I Posted In. This is a minimum 20 second page load and it's ludicrous. As I mentioned in the previous thread, switching between 'expanded' and 'collapsed' makes no difference in load times, and this is my most used forum link.

Navigating and posting in this forum is becoming more of an annoyance and that's not good for community engagement. It's going to cause me to not only post less, but lurk less and potentially miss topics I would otherwise be interested in.

The only good thing I noticed with this new forum is that it is waaaaaaaay faster to load than the old one.

Even the link you said it takes 20 seconds to load, it only takes 2 seconds for me, tops.

• Like 1

After the big Update a few days ago i couldn't log into my main account evil_joker88 anymore. Always got a false password error. But chaning pw wasn't possible, i never got an email to change my pw.... then after 2 days i deleted my evil_joker acc and wanted to reload it but then i'm shown session has expired error.... astonishingly i could add this account (brian_budokai) to the website... i want to see evil_joker again here -_-

37 minutes ago, brian_budokai said:

After the big Update a few days ago i couldn't log into my main account evil_joker88 anymore. Always got a false password error. But chaning pw wasn't possible, i never got an email to change my pw.... then after 2 days i deleted my evil_joker acc and wanted to reload it but then i'm shown session has expired error.... astonishingly i could add this account (brian_budokai) to the website... i want to see evil_joker again here -_-

Clear your browser cache and try again.

6 hours ago, Doctor Doom said:

The only good thing I noticed with this new forum is that it is waaaaaaaay faster to load than the old one.

Even the link you said it takes 20 seconds to load, it only takes 2 seconds for me, tops.

Same, the old forum index just took 6.51s on a server with no traffic, this one took 1.56s.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Another feature of the Site Downgrade. Can we go back to statuses between members not showing up on the main page? Otherwise we end up with this. There are actually a couple of members that like to spam Member to Member statuses and it doesn't need to be shown to the world

11t7leh.jpg

^ I second this. I'd also like to see the "More" button return, which showed all the status updates from the past few days.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Another feature of the Site Downgrade. Can we go back to statuses between members not showing up on the main page? Otherwise we end up with this. There are actually a couple of members that like to spam Member to Member statuses and it doesn't need to be shown to the world

11t7leh.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

^ I second this

Wow, that should definitely be changed. It seems like that guy hasn't stopped yet, he's still posting.new ones <_<.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Wow, that should definitely be changed. It seems like that guy hasn't stopped yet, he's still posting.new ones <_<.

They've been doing it for over a day

It's a vicious cycle, people now need to go to their profile to fully read the status update, and in turn a new status update is created to thank them for going to their profile

I wonder if it's a form of protest

• Like 2

So... I'm trying to create an easy way to update my Project Platinum thread by saving it to a document and then copy paste it in the edit box when I need to update it.

I have a slight problem with :platinum::gold::silver::bronze::hidden: icons.

EDIT:

Nevermind. The code for the emoticons gets parsed by pressing the post button, even though it doesn't get parsed in the preview.

@BlindMango Old :emoticon: code gets parsed only when pressing the button to send your post and not on the preview. Dunno if it's fixable on Sly's side or by the forum developers.

Edited by Doctor Doom

- I can't delete another user's tag in a status update reply, on mobile. 

Earlier I replied to a status and tagged a user. Everytime I try to reply to that topic it says 'content restored' and fills in the box with my previous reply, which is annoying. I can delete everything but the person's name tag, because it perpetuates the cycle, and I might not want to keep addressing the same member. 

The site basically needs to stop auto saving content after you hit post. 

Also, I didn't see it in the OP so figured I'd (re)mention that the stats page still doesn't work correctly on mobile. 

If you scroll or zoom at all the Trophy Progress and Monthly Activity graphs don't display info when you tap them. 

On 12/13/2016 at 3:09 PM, BlindMango said:

Typing your name into the box on the homepage sometimes makes it hang on "validating", tough pressing your name at the top-right and updating your profile works fine. One person reported it works fine if they are logged in, it only appears to happen if they are logged out.

• If you have this issue, tell us what internet browser you're using, also if you can press F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I and report any errors given within the dev console after it gets stuck hanging on validating.

I noticed this a few times (I'm on Firefox), not sure about the logged-in thing though because the PSN account (XIII) I use is different from my forum account (316) I use here. But what I noticed was causing it was after I entered the name, I'd just hit "enter" afterwords, that's when it hangs-up. I've been getting around it by instead of hitting "enter", I'd click the green "Update User" button, so far that's been working (I've only tested it a couple times though). :hmm:

Oh, I got side tracked by that. :P The main reason I came here was because I was wondering, aren't the newer trophy cards supposed to be animated (or is it currently disabled for some reason)? I thought they were during the beta, but I couldn't remember for sure. None of the ones I see are, but if I right click them & select "view image", it'll show the animation.

21 hours ago, Doctor Doom said:

15 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Same, the old forum index just took 6.51s on a server with no traffic, this one took 1.56s.

Well I don't know what the problem is then. I've seen a few people posting about various issues with Firefox, perhaps that is the problem? I just tested it right now by right-clicking the Content I posted in Link and opened in a new tab; sure enough 23 seconds to load the page and I'm using a different computer now.

I was using a Core i5 Macbook Pro with an SSD before, now I'm using a Core i3 HP Pavillion with a Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD. My home internet connection is 100mbit/40mbit. I don't know what else to tell you, but everything about this new site is slower after the update and there was at least one person who brought up performance issues in the topic that was linked to earlier.

Edited by IronMask75
Additional Info