TWD Season 3 Trophy Discussion

I calmed down a bit but I'm still pretty pissed it is not coming to vita and the fact that season 2 had no platinum. Oh well least 2 of the 3 main games have a platinum. Yeah and the trophy images are tots fugly

Edited by A Wild Buk

I was disappointed about Season 2 not having a platinum. But since season 3 does, I'm pretty damn happy that TellTale knows that their games have easy plats which attracts trophy hunters. However, even if it didn't have a plat I would still buy it because TellTale has great games. 

The trophy images suck ass though

Anyone else find it odd that it doesnt have season 3 on it's name? I can understand that first season didn't have as I doubt they had plans for more seasons then. As second season had season 2 on it's name I would have presume third one would have season 3 on its name. 

Now with New Frontiers name suggests that its another spinoff, yet Clementine can be seen on trophy header image.

Hopefully it will be one of those games (I can't think of too many but Alekhine's Gun comes to mind) that changes the trophy images after release. Maybe they are using placeholders for now to avoid spoilers? Either way happy with the plat, but I'd be picking it up at some point regardless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Hopefully it will be one of those games (I can't think of too many but Alekhine's Gun comes to mind) that changes the trophy images after release. Maybe they are using placeholders for now to avoid spoilers? Either way happy with the plat, but I'd be picking it up at some point regardless.

Only thing is Season 1 did not do that, and I don't believe any other TellTale Game changed the trophy images before, at or after release of the actual game. Season 2 was kinda different, as they did not release the whole trophy list at one time.

I guess they learned platinum trophies sell games. It's a shame that comes at the cost of boring trophy images... With the amount of cash they're rolling in these days, you'd think they could afford to hire an artist to create some nice ones, but I guess that's expecting too much from Telltale considering they can't even be bothered to fix their engine after all of these years. <_< I'm expecting the "Who cares about trophy images!? It's the game that matters!" posts any minute now...

46 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

Anyone else find it odd that it doesnt have season 3 on it's name? I can understand that first season didn't have as I doubt they had plans for more seasons then. As second season had season 2 on it's name I would have presume third one would have season 3 on its name. 

Now with New Frontiers name suggests that its another spinoff, yet Clementine can be seen on trophy header image.

My guess is so that it doesn't deter people from purchasing it if they haven't played the first two seasons. This is common with a lot of sequels as well. People will see a number in the title and assume they're going to be lost when playing the story, so they might not bother getting it. Having a subtitle instead of a number is a way to bring new players in.

37 minutes ago, Andrea said:

I'm doubtful of this. The Walking Dead: Michonne has the same looking trophy images and they were never replaced. The first season had the final trophy images there on day one without spoiling anything. This is Telltale just being lazy.

I wouldn't really mind if this game got a platinum for it or not. If it didn't get one all i could say is that this game would have poorer sales than it would have if it had a platinum. i fell a bit grateful it got one this time! :angel:

The trophy images were just bleh. :rolleyes: it could have been way more creative than just numbers with coloured borders around them that aren't really noticeable when the imaged are viewed as smaller sized images.

Edited by Skeptical69

2 hours ago, PowerCoard said:

So weird why make Season one a plat then Season 2 non then switch back to play with Season 3???? My head hurts! 

The reason was because season 2 was released per episode (like DLC) and you cant have a platinum trophy with just 8 trophies. This was to avoid spoilers. If they wanted to they can actually edit or patch the trophy list to include a platinum but i doubt they'll do that as it would cost them money.

Anyway I'll get around to this eventually. Still got Season 2 as well as many other Telltale to play :P

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, I´m quite pleased to see this game having a Platinum trophy. That said, I don´t really think that sales are gonna be higher because of having one (after all, remember that we trophy hunters are a small portion of the gaming community), but it´s nice to have it nonetheless, especially after the TWD Season 2 No-Platinum internet meltdown.

4 hours ago, Venocide said:

Great! : D Those trophy images look god awful, though.  :/ 

3 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

It's another fail in my opinion, cuz the other 2 main trophy lists had different trophy images for each trophy, instead of boring numbers. Yay this one has a platinum, but meh...

3 hours ago, A Wild Buk said:

I calmed down a bit but I'm still pretty pissed it is not coming to vita and the fact that season 2 had no platinum. Oh well least 2 of the 3 main games have a platinum. Yeah and the trophy images are tots fugly

To be honest, I almost didn´t noticed that the Trophy Images for TWD Season 1 and 2 weren´t just numbers. I suppose I got accustomed to the "generic" Trophy Images that are in the most recent Telltale Games´ trophy lists. Speaking of which, when does that change started and in what TTG game? I´ve also played Tales of the Borderlands, Game of Thrones and Minecraft Story Mode, and all of them have game-themed numbered trophy images, so I´d assume it started on Tales of the Borderlands, which is the oldest of the three. I´ll try to find the answer by myself, but if anyone knows the answer, feel free to post it here.

Also, it´s a shame that no more TTG games are coming to PS Vita after TWD Season 2. I remember playing the demo on my Vita a couple of years ago and, despite the Frame drops and stuttering on the QTEs, it was a quite enjoyable game to have in a handheld plataform like the Vita. Unfortunately. given the apparent lack of Sony´s support and marketing awareness to it´s portable platform, and the ageing hardware of the Vita consisting in an ARM Cortex Quad-Core processor and 512 MB of LPDDR2 RAM, akin to a 2011 smartphone, doesn´t make any things easier for the Vita, especially given TTG´s somewhat bad reputation of their game´s optimization across all the platforms it publishes it´s games on, even on PC.

And, yeah, I also don´t really like the Season Pass disc situation. Why waste the whole 50 GB of capacity that a Dual-layer Blu-Ray gives you by only putting the first episode´s ~1.4 GB (that´s the average size of the first episode of almost all of the TTG´s games I´ve played to this day) and the 100 KB file that acts as the digital key for the Season Pass to unlock all episodes? Why not wait until the game´s season is finished to finally compile all the ~10 GB spanning all 5 episodes and their patches into a single Blu-Ray and a nice physical box with matching case art to put it on the shelves, while at the same time getting a chance to market your game as the "complete" edition, boosting sales of the game after the season´s end? This is a publishing decision I don´t really like, because defeats the purpouse of having physical media: having the complete game on disk, without having to worry about internet connection issues or server outages, which are commonplace on this digital era.

1 hour ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

If they wanted to they can actually edit or patch the trophy list to include a platinum but i doubt they'll do that as it would cost them money.

No, they can't do that. If the list starts one way it stays that one way. 

I don't know weather to hate or like this trophy list. I mean yeah its good that it has a easy platinum and i can just playthrough it without having to worry about anything but i cant help feel they should add some more creativity into their trophy lists recently. telltale fables had a good trophy list where there were certain trophy's you can miss if you didn't get the collectibles or chapters you had to replay to get different cut scenes. In my opinion it all added to a better experience... AND DAYUM they images look terrible #MakeTelltaleGreatAgain