TWD Season 3 Trophy Discussion

I don't know what y'all were expecting with the trophy images. I know Seasons 1&2 were pretty but for a few years now Telltale have just been plonking boring generic images on, copy/pasted with a different colour per episode or just numbers like this. Comes as no surprise sadly.

Glad it's got a platinum, though again only TWD2 didn't since they've been using the single list method (excluding Michonne since it's a miniseries), so again no big surprise really. :P

6 minutes ago, Mournblade05143 said:

Wow it does have some lame trophy images. They could have least used different colors for each episode. At least it has a plat so there is that at least.

If you look closely they do actually have different coloured borders... I know right, just so the aren't "the same" ...makes all the difference doesn't it? xD

Trophy images are lame, yeah, but I care a whole lot more about whether the game will be good or not (though it's probably gonna be good, let's face it) and that it ACTUALLY HAS A PLATINUM. Sucks that that they won't be finishing off the trilogy on Vita so all my choices on those previous games are irrelevant now. But, overall, pumped as hell for this! Might not even wait for the entire season to be out before getting stuck into this!

Also, it's great that every episode has a Gold for completing it, that really sorta bothered me about Season 2- Gold for finishing E1 but Silvers for the rest, maybe it's because that episode had you 

Spoiler

killing a dog

therefore more of an emotional effort to get through?

Edited by MeteorHawk

Telltale, telltale, telltale... Is it so hard to have organized trophies?

The Walking Dead: Season 1 - Have platinum, but Japanese duplicate, so 4 lists

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - 3 lists (1 per platform) but without platinum

The Walking Dead: Michonne - 2 lists, no plat (it's okay there) and lamest pictures

The Walking Dead: Season 3 - 1 list (and PS3 will come, isn't it?) and what a surprise - again lamest pictures.

Just remember trophies for Back to the Future. Every trophy except platinum got custom picture and there were even missable trophies (although I didn't like it and it was buggy but wtf)

Actually I hoped that after PS4 come out we will have organized trophies.

It should be like this:

TWD 1 Season Platinum PS4/PS3/PSV Shared

TWD 2 Season PLATINUM PS4/PS3/PSV Shared

TWD MICHONNE 100% PS4/PS3 Shared

TWD 3 Season Platinum PS4/PS3 Shared

But instead we will have 11 lists. Lmao.

Edited by PlayAsGod

41 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

Also, it's great that every episode has a Gold for completing it, that really sorta bothered me about Season 2- Gold for finishing E1 but Silvers for the rest, maybe it's because that episode had you 

Reveal hidden contents

killing a dog

therefore more of an emotional effort to get through?

Nah it's just down to having more points to work with for episode one since it was the "main game" when it came to the trophy list. Though I like your reason better! ^_^

I guess I didn't realize how important trophy images are to people. For me, a trophy is a trophy. I don't need it to look pretty. I just want to hear the "ding" of getting the trophy, and know there is a plat. But I was going to get this game anyway regardless of all of that.

Wait, did I just rhyme?

Edited by ShogunCroCop

21 minutes ago, Darth Remi Helghast said:

Didn't Season 2 have a platinum for the disc release?

No. I have the physical copy for vita and there's no platinum. There's also no trophy list here or on sony's servers with a platinum for season 2.

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

It has a platinum? Disappointing. They had a perfect trophy list set up with TWD Season 2, why fuck it up again with Season 3?
It's not as bad as I Am Mayo getting a plat, but... ugh.

You shut your whore mouth. Mayo is an amazing game.

8 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Well, at least I think that sometimes simple is better, but for real it's just a trophy image.

Fair enough :) 

I think for a few people though it's just nice when devs try that little bit extra even with something as unimportant as trophy images, just to show some creativity. 

• Like 1

Happy to see that Season 3 / A New Frontier finally have a Platinum trophy upon completion, though I'm just playing it for the thrill of the story. Also, I think it is kinda smart for Telltale to use the same trophy image as with the Michonne mini-series so that it may hinder possible image spoilers for the upcoming episodes. Wished that they could've used a distinctive color to differentiate each of the episodes so that the trophies doesn't look too monochromatic. 

• Like 2

People are getting way too worked up about the trophy images. It's almost like they matter more than the game itself or actually achieving them. Tales From The Borderlands, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead: Michonne, and Telltales Batman all have numbered trophy images and I wasn't expecting it to change for this game.

On topic, I'm really looking forward to playing this. For all their criticisms, I've never failed to enjoy a Telltales game. The trailer for this has me very excited for it and I'm interested to see what direction Clem's story goes in.

• Like 1