Far Cry 3: Environment Features - Video 1

AndroidFox

Ubisoft Montreal has released a new video describing how you can interact with the environment of Far Cry 3 and how that the environment is always interacting with, and might possibly kill you.

In the video Dan Hay, one of the producers of Far Cry 3 describes the interactivity of the environment in the game: from the ability to burn down a variety of things with fire to the ever-changing patterns of enemies and wild-life. Every single thing you can do is very dynamic in Far Cry 3, and so is the AI.
  • Like 1

The game looks great graphically (though I'm sure that was on a high end PC) but I'm going to wait and see if they fixed the issues I had with Far Cry 2 before I think about a purchase. It is looking very promising so far.

Parker

Issues as in technical issues or gameplay issues? Asking because I didn't face any significant problems when I played FC2.

Issues as in technical issues or gameplay issues? Asking because I didn't face any significant problems when I played FC2.

Gameplay issues. The constantly re-spawning enemies was my biggest issue of the game because it just felt cheap to me. If I clear out a whole camp then go do a mission that same camp should be fully populated again. Or everytime you're driving on a road you face the same exact roadblocks every time. Things like like really sucked the enjoyment out of the game for me and I hope Far Cry 3 remedies that.

Parker

Gameplay issues. The constantly re-spawning enemies was my biggest issue of the game because it just felt cheap to me. If I clear out a whole camp then go do a mission that same camp should be fully populated again. Or everytime you're driving on a road you face the same exact roadblocks every time. Things like like really sucked the enjoyment out of the game for me and I hope Far Cry 3 remedies that.

Parker

In Far Cry 3 once you clear out an enemy camp it becomes friendly. I am not sure if the enemy can come and reclaim it though, but hopefully you should be able to drive around now without being shot at constantly.

Parker

Oh, all right. Thanks for the description. Regrettably my Ps3 died (due to YLOD) before I could get properly immerse myself into Far Cry 2 so I was unable to experience any problems first hand except for "everytime you're driving on a road you face the same exact roadblocks every time" and the enemies respawning constantly. It did get on my nerves.

Nevertheless, like you and everyone else I have high hopes for Far Cry 3 and hope Ubisoft fixes everything.

In Far Cry 3 once you clear out an enemy camp it becomes friendly. I am not sure if the enemy can come and reclaim it though, but hopefully you should be able to drive around now without being shot at constantly.

That sounds nice.

Edited by UltimateShock