Valkyria Revolution coming west in spring 2017 (PS4 & PS Vita)

crimsonidol38

For anyone to lazy to read:
PS4 --> Retail and Download
Vita --> Download only!

From PlayStation EU Blog:
Valkyria Revolution (formerly Valkyria Azure Revolution if you’ve been watching the title in Japan) is poised to break the blockade of being trapped in Japan and make landfall on the shores of the Americas and Europe in 2017 on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita!

Now, maybe you tried Valkyria Chronicles Remastered earlier this year, or maybe you and the rest of Squad 7 persevered through the Gallian Empire invasion back on the PS3 in 2008. Well, take one last look at those memories, because war is about to change.

Valkyria Revolution takes place in an alternate time, an alternate continent, and an alternate universe, so it’s literally a revolution from the previous Valkyria titles. There are a few common threads though: ragnite, the azure-coloured mineral with magical properties returns in this game; as are the Valkyria, the last of an ancient race of magical, and highly destructive, demi-gods.

Valkyria

Valkyria Revolution shows how all it takes is a single spark to start the inferno of war and you’ll get a look at that experience firsthand. Five lifelong friends consumed by personal revenge plunge an entire continent into a terrible war, sacrificing the lives of countless innocents for a cause based on twisted half-truths and outright lies. This “Circle of Five” use their combined influence in their political and military positions to motivate their small, economically blockaded homeland to rise up and become a powerful resistance against its imperialist oppressors.

Will the Circle of Five be remembered as heroic liberators, or will their selfish motives expose them as traitorous conspirators who sacrificed untold lives just to carry out a personal vendetta?

Heavy, right? That’s the story players will be chipping away at in Valkyria Revolution, but there’s also a lot of other elements at play:

It’s a ground-up look at war, and the blurred lines of morality it inevitably crosses. The game winds up asking you: Are you truly a hero? Or just the least despicable bad guy? And speaking of morality – permadeath is a returning gameplay element as well. Sure, it may be tactically advantageous to sacrifice a soldier for the good of the team, but you’ll have to be the one who bears the bad news to their next of kin.

Valkyria

Combat is strikingly different from Valkyria Chronicles as well. In Revolution, the turn-based action is gone in favour of an active-style of combat on a living, evolving battlefield. Tactics still play an important role, and your squad has highly customisable AI. You can adjust their battle role to prioritise a general role like Offense, Defence, and Support, or you can get way more granular and have the individuals focusing on using spells, guns, or even whether they target grunts or enemy leaders first.

Plus there’s a highly customisable weapons tree – where players can decide which upgrades they want to use to their unique, individual melee weapons, and augment that by figuring out which ranged weapon works best – and that’s anything from a pistol to a rocket launcher.

And finally, let’s not forget – this is WAR: There’s the fate of a nation and countless lives are on the line. There are plenty of contacts you’ll have to make in order to keep the military intelligence going – and your relationship with your squadmates may make the difference between getting out of a battle alive or the crushing agony of watching your country lie in ruinous defeat.

Valkyria Revolution will arrive in the Americas and Europe in spring of 2017. The PS4 version will be available both physically and digitally in all regions, but the PS Vita version will be digital-only for all regions.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/12/14/strategy-rpg-valkyria-revolution-storms-ps4-and-ps-vita-in-2017/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sega will release a demo where you can play the prologue on the japanese PSN on December 22nd (PS4-version) and December 26th (PSVita-version). You will be able to play the prologue of the game and get some first impressions.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/valkyria-revolution-prologue-demo-launches-december-22-ps4-japan-december-26-ps-vita

Edited by Crimson Idol
Added news about demo
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

For anyone to lazy to read:
PS4 --> Retail and Download
Vita --> Download only!

From PlayStation EU Blog:
Valkyria Revolution (formerly Valkyria Azure Revolution if you’ve been watching the title in Japan) is poised to break the blockade of being trapped in Japan and make landfall on the shores of the Americas and Europe in 2017 on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita!

Now, maybe you tried Valkyria Chronicles Remastered earlier this year, or maybe you and the rest of Squad 7 persevered through the Gallian Empire invasion back on the PS3 in 2008. Well, take one last look at those memories, because war is about to change.

Valkyria Revolution takes place in an alternate time, an alternate continent, and an alternate universe, so it’s literally a revolution from the previous Valkyria titles. There are a few common threads though: ragnite, the azure-coloured mineral with magical properties returns in this game; as are the Valkyria, the last of an ancient race of magical, and highly destructive, demi-gods.

Valkyria

Valkyria Revolution shows how all it takes is a single spark to start the inferno of war and you’ll get a look at that experience firsthand. Five lifelong friends consumed by personal revenge plunge an entire continent into a terrible war, sacrificing the lives of countless innocents for a cause based on twisted half-truths and outright lies. This “Circle of Five” use their combined influence in their political and military positions to motivate their small, economically blockaded homeland to rise up and become a powerful resistance against its imperialist oppressors.

Will the Circle of Five be remembered as heroic liberators, or will their selfish motives expose them as traitorous conspirators who sacrificed untold lives just to carry out a personal vendetta?

Heavy, right? That’s the story players will be chipping away at in Valkyria Revolution, but there’s also a lot of other elements at play:

It’s a ground-up look at war, and the blurred lines of morality it inevitably crosses. The game winds up asking you: Are you truly a hero? Or just the least despicable bad guy? And speaking of morality – permadeath is a returning gameplay element as well. Sure, it may be tactically advantageous to sacrifice a soldier for the good of the team, but you’ll have to be the one who bears the bad news to their next of kin.

Valkyria

Combat is strikingly different from Valkyria Chronicles as well. In Revolution, the turn-based action is gone in favour of an active-style of combat on a living, evolving battlefield. Tactics still play an important role, and your squad has highly customisable AI. You can adjust their battle role to prioritise a general role like Offense, Defence, and Support, or you can get way more granular and have the individuals focusing on using spells, guns, or even whether they target grunts or enemy leaders first.

Plus there’s a highly customisable weapons tree – where players can decide which upgrades they want to use to their unique, individual melee weapons, and augment that by figuring out which ranged weapon works best – and that’s anything from a pistol to a rocket launcher.

And finally, let’s not forget – this is WAR: There’s the fate of a nation and countless lives are on the line. There are plenty of contacts you’ll have to make in order to keep the military intelligence going – and your relationship with your squadmates may make the difference between getting out of a battle alive or the crushing agony of watching your country lie in ruinous defeat.

Valkyria Revolution will arrive in the Americas and Europe in spring of 2017. The PS4 version will be available both physically and digitally in all regions, but the PS Vita version will be digital-only for all regions.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/12/14/strategy-rpg-valkyria-revolution-storms-ps4-and-ps-vita-in-2017/

great post :)

i'm happy to see that the VITA still has some supports from Sony and is able to provide more great games <3

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Awesome news! I'm leaning towards the Vita version as long as it's optimized well.

I will be interested to see the gameplay changes for myself, and hopefully it will be as enjoyable as the original. I also played the PSP sequels but never finished the 3rd one. 

AFAIK there will be a demo coming up in the second half of this month:
http://gematsu.com/2016/11/valkyria-azure-revolution-prologue-demo-launches-late-december-japan

Don't know if it will also be available on Vita but if so and you have a spare memory card (or aren't afraid to format your current one after backing up everything) and  a japanese account you might be able to try it on the Vita.

45 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Awesome news! I'm leaning towards the Vita version as long as it's optimized well.

I will be interested to see the gameplay changes for myself, and hopefully it will be as enjoyable as the original. I also played the PSP sequels but never finished the 3rd one. 

Too bad you didn't finish it, for me it was the best in the series. Not as cheesy as the first and second ones. Truly hope they'd bring remasters of 2 and 3 aswell. The new game seems great. Has a good darkish feeling to it. 

Hopefully the Vita version runs smoothly, though I probably get the Ps4 version. :)

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I'm quite surprised Vita version is going to see the western light. 

However, Valkyria is more console experience for me like Ateliers... maybe I will be getting PS4 version for physical reasons =D

But I thought loli Vita-tan gets the love instead of big bewbs Ps4? 

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

LOL :awesome:

She sure does, but there are some series I tend to prefer on consoles :) And some series that require me to own all the physicals =D

I guess Valkyria series is a big exception. I do have the PSP games still and the classic PS3 one. Hope I can get this and a PS4 copy of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered as well xD 

3 hours ago, Vincentto said:

Too bad you didn't finish it, for me it was the best in the series. Not as cheesy as the first and second ones. Truly hope they'd bring remasters of 2 and 3 aswell. The new game seems great. Has a good darkish feeling to it. 

Hopefully the Vita version runs smoothly, though I probably get the Ps4 version. :)

The first game is cheesy? Those are fighting words! I do agree about VC2 though, but I still enjoyed it. I thought the first one was the perfect mix of fun, heavy, and touching WITHOUT being cheesy. 

VC3 is difficult for me to play because I have the unofficial English fan translation on my PSP, which I very rarely get out to play on. I would love a remaster on PS4. 

This, THIS Watch Bandai and Learn from Sega (wow that's strange to say xD), Both Version even just digital on Vita as i want so i could decide where i find it more for my tastes and play there :3

Anyway it looks great, can't wait for some gameplay trailer :D

And a Person from Sega answered the First Question on the Playstation Site Saying it will have Dual Audio!!! Oh well well Next year just keeps getting games i want opposite to this one that is ending xD

I'm glad this has been finally confirmed. With this, Project Diva Future Tone, and the recent Yakuza announcements, Sega are making a lot of the right moves lately. I'll admit that the gameplay I've seen so far of this has me kind of weary, though. It doesn't seem to play much like the older Valkyria games. :(

It's nice to hear the game is coming to Vita as well, but since it's digital only, I'll be getting the PS4 version. It will go nicely alongside my copy of Valkyria Chronicles remastered.

One thing I was super puzzled to see is that they're also bringing the game to Xbone. Do they honestly think it's gonna sell? :P You would think that they would at least bring Valkyria Chronicles remastered to Xbone first. I'd be surprised if they sold more copies in the west on Xbone than they will on Vita. Clearly, Vita deserves a physical copy more.

I already mentioned it in the conversation with @MosesRockefeller but better safe than sorry:
Sega will release a demo where you can play the prologue on the japanese PSN on December 22nd (PS4-version) and December 26th (PSVita-version). You will be able to play the prologue of the game and get some first impressions.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/valkyria-revolution-prologue-demo-launches-december-22-ps4-japan-december-26-ps-vita