Trophy questions

DrakeHellsing

Okay, trying to understand some of these trophies, in particular about the French Camp while driving the rover... and Schrodinger's Cat as well.

With the French Camp, is there only the one chance to get it done when you first send the rover out? Or is there a second chance? Cause the rover doesn't even go all that far before the motor gives out.

And for the cat, I have examined the box in the lab and even touched it, but that's about it.  Is there another chance I get to check the box or not?

4 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Okay, trying to understand some of these trophies, in particular about the French Camp while driving the rover... and Schrodinger's Cat as well.

With the French Camp, is there only the one chance to get it done when you first send the rover out? Or is there a second chance? Cause the rover doesn't even go all that far before the motor gives out.

And for the cat, I have examined the box in the lab and even touched it, but that's about it.  Is there another chance I get to check the box or not?

Spoiler

To make it to the French Camp, you need to use the screwdriver motor instead of the motor you get out of the locker. So, just give screwdriver to Jones instead.

As for the Cat, I don't remember doing anything specific; I know I looked at it after I went back to the ship to grab the frogs. Some of these appear to be dependent on WHEN you do them.

Wait, a screwdriver motor? Huh, not sure where I find that one (I do have a save before the conversation happens, so I can revert back to that).  Might have overlooked it somewhere.

As for the cat, I did indeed, look at the box once I got down to the lower area, so I suppose once I go further and return to the ship, I'll check the box again.

Man, hopefully there is a washing machine somewhere too xD

The screwdriver is in the engineering area, in a toolbox, next to the fenced in area. You can take that screwdriver into the living quarters to open up the locker to get a replacement motor for the Beagle. But if you just take the screwdriver to Jones instead, he will use its motor, which is much more powerful and will get you to the French camp.

Edited by TastyEmpire

1 minute ago, TastyEmpire said:

The screwdriver is in the engineering area, in a toolbox, next to the fenced in area. You can take that screwdriver into the living quarters to open up the locker to get a replacement motor for the Beagle. But if you just take the screwdriver to Jones instead, he will use its motor, which is much more powerful and will get you to the French camp.

Darn, missed my chance then, will have to use a second playthrough for that one.  But at least it's not that difficult to get done anyway, as I already opened up the locker for the motor... and my save is after that point.  But hey, at least I now know :D

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Darn, missed my chance then, will have to use a second playthrough for that one.  But at least it's not that difficult to get done anyway, as I already opened up the locker for the motor... and my save is after that point.  But hey, at least I now know :D

Yeah, once you know what you are doing the game is supremely fast. Since I missed the "Bubbles!" trophy at the very end of the game, I had to go back and replay from the start. It only took me 34 minutes to go from start to finish to grab it.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the game. And it was that short the second time because I specifically did only what I had to to progress. I think 1 to 2 hours will be the average for people once there's a guide out to follow, depending on how much side stuff they click on.

As for the second piece of cheese you'll need to use it to distract the French guy. But there's a trick to it. Don't offer the cheese to the Frenchman first or he will shoot it and turn it into Swiss cheese. You'll need to go back to the ship to get a frog (which is a puzzle in itself). When you get your frog, stick the cheese to it's back and then use that to distract. He will have his henchman do something...unpleasant to it. Then, you'll need to talk to Jones and ask him if he has cheese and another frog. (This is where the trophy pops)

Then, offer just the cheese, he will shoot it, then stick the Swiss cheese to the frog to progress.

• Like 1

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Her-Majestys-SPIFFING/achievements

I used this my second go through. It covers everything except Geology, which is basically just a search pattern until you find them all. 

Fun and endearing little game. I'm really enjoying these little point and clicks making their way to the PS4 lately.

Im downloading this game right now. It looks good and has an easy platinum. I love point and click games. it brings back so many memories playing point and click detective game. Brain said he is making a platinum guide for it so that will probably be out in the next day or two.

47 minutes ago, barrymcg said:

Im downloading this game right now. It looks good and has an easy platinum. I love point and click games. it brings back so many memories playing point and click detective game. Brain said he is making a platinum guide for it so that will probably be out in the next day or two.

:wave:

It's available now!! Text walkthrough in the description if you prefer. Of course, you'll get far more enjoyment out of this playing through the game first, without a guide.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PS_4Trophies said:

It's available now!! Text walkthrough in the description if you prefer. Of course, you'll get far more enjoyment out of this playing through the game first, without a guide.

Thanks Brian. really enjoying these easy platinum walkthrough videos recently. keep up the good work.

10 hours ago, PS_4Trophies said:

Went to give you a sub, and I already was, which is impressive considering I only have like 10 subs. So that's kinda neat. Keep up the good work, apparently!

• 3 weeks later...