Alexander the IV tip

big_bob002

Posted 9 December 2016 - 12:39 PM#20

Alexander the IV tip

If you can get him to do his fireball attack on the far right or left, and quickly get to the other side, he can get "stuck" on the side where he did the attack. He will spawn all of the little skulls on the side where he is stuck. Give it about 60 seconds and make sure to kill any skulls near you so they will respawn where the boss is. 

Now try jumping next to the spikes in the middle without crossing the line. Sometimes Alexander will stay on the side he is stuck on and this trick won't work. However, if you see the preview that he unleashed another fire attack offscreen then he will follow you to the side you are on. All of the small skulls will stay on the side he was stuck and not follow, allowing you to fight Alexander 1 on 1.

I found this much easier if I got him stuck on the left side and fought him on the right side. I was able to do a square like pattern around the 2 platforms and had room to jump over him when needed. You can get 3-4 hits if he unleashes fireballs at a spot where he can't hit you but you can hit him.

• Like 1

Yeah, I found the same pattern a couple times too. But honestly, he is not meant to be fought that way. 

You must let him get close to you, stand on the spikes, and attack him while killing any skull that comes your way. Spike damage is way less than skull/fireball/Alexander damage. So you are supposed to endure the spike damage (while recovering health by killing skulls). 

Your strategy is good. I even tried it a couple times. But the boss just becomes a little too hard that way.

• 5 months later...
On 2016-12-17 at 1:55 PM, Arkthur said:

You must let him get close to you, stand on the spikes, and attack him while killing any skull that comes your way. Spike damage is way less than skull/fireball/Alexander damage. So you are supposed to endure the spike damage (while recovering health by killing skulls).

I wouldn't say that he's SUPPOSED to be fought that way either. The platforms are there for a reason.

But yeah, might as well give that a try if you're having issues beating him.