Modding a controller to stop me slicing!

Evertonian

Anyone know if its easy to mod a controller so that it only accepts the up and down input on one of the sticks. Just like in real life I have no ability to not hook or slice a ball as I always push the stick a little left or right whilst moving it forwards on the shot.

If I could disable the left right input then it would make this game a little easier for me

I have a older slightly dodgy ps4 controller I could look at opening and tweaking if its an easy task, but thought I would see if anyone else has tried it first

13 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

sadly not mate

the swing of the club is thumbstick only

Try to use the button mapping feature under the PS4 accessibility setting. Might be able to map the analog as the directional buttons or another set of buttons.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

Cheers to all three of you

I shall try the options!

Was going to try and build a little device to stop the stick moving left and right myself too lol

Anyway might have a bash at the mapping first, then the cable ties, which is genius btw matey, and if that fails then its on to the opening the controller and snipping the red wire or blue wire in a Lethal Weapon stylee :)

14 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

I guess you are going for the FIR and GIR trophies? :)

I did something quite simple to adress this problem. I had real trouble to do this, but I got it first try after I strapped my controller in cable-ties :D

Your luck, I still have a picture of how it looked: If it looks stupid, but works, it ain't stupid.

Lol. That is actually some pretty good engineering.