Batman TTS Final Thoughts

SuperSaiyan3985

5 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Care to elaborate on that?

She didn't have an abused childhood and why would it turn her into a mass murderer?  It makes absolutely no sense storywise.  Even Batman tries telling her logic in certain dialogue choices.

She's just "nope, gonna kill you all anyways"

Just now, DARKB1KE said:

She didn't have an abused childhood and why would it turn her into a mass murderer?  It makes absolutely no sense storywise.  Even Batman tries telling her logic in certain dialogue choices.

She's just "nope, gonna kill you all anyways"

Well she did have an abused childhood, this interpretation of Batman. So what are you trying to say?

Fantastic. A lot better than The Walking Dead too in my opinion and I loved the story. If they do another season I hope Joker isn't a big part. Had enough of him and Batman has a pretty good rogues gallery so I'd like to see someone else get into the spotlight. Thomas Elliot (Hush) would be a good villain to use.

What I didn't like was when a cop and sometimes Jim would have a dig at Batman for being too violent. I sat there thinking "Well yeah, it's what Batman does...beating up the bad guys" :facepalm:

On 1/1/2017 at 3:59 PM, Slipknot_rooney said:

Fantastic. A lot better than The Walking Dead too in my opinion and I loved the story. If they do another season I hope Joker isn't a big part. Had enough of him and Batman has a pretty good rogues gallery so I'd like to see someone else get into the spotlight. Thomas Elliot (Hush) would be a good villain to use.

What I didn't like was when a cop and sometimes Jim would have a dig at Batman for being too violent. I sat there thinking "Well yeah, it's what Batman does...beating up the bad guys" :facepalm:

Agreed, so far I've gotten the impression that Telltale's take on the Batman universe is to explore what hasn't been explored. Joker is a little too mainframe, incorporating some lesser seen characters such as Poison Ivy or Hush for instance would be a nice change. However, at this point it can only be presumed Joker will be a playing a big role because he seems to be the only threat left standing, and I'm cool with that, as long as it doesn't all revolve around him.

• 11 months later...

I liked this game a lot. I mean, a LOT. I know that some people found the choices to be a bit lame (would Batman really kill people?), but having read a lot of versions of Batman (including the Earth 2 one that blows the Joker's head off, and the All-Star one that puts the Green Lantern into the hospital), it's not as crazy as you think.

My only gripe was shoehorning in the Joker in episode 4. Completely unnecessary, and added nothing to my particular story. I agree with Super Saiyan that someone like Hush would have been a lot better (and in fact, Hush would just be great, period, for this type of game).

• Like 1

How about Batman just walking into Vicki Vale's parents house through the front door in the middle of the day.

Come on...I have never seen Batman out during the day and he NEVER would use the front door. That was pretty stupid, IMO. Also, the scenes with Bruce and Dent together got annoying because all I could picture was Delsin and Reggie.

• Like 2

I liked the game. If this wasn’t a telltale game - I would expect to see an animated movie about it. 

I was bummed out at the lack of villains - but looking at the whole story it was a smart choice to limit them. It was nice seeing Penguin as a normal human. Also a nice bonus to see Zsasz and half of Scarface. But I wished Ra’s saw more attention compared to being a side mission. But I seriously thought the villain would be Scarecrow - I thought his dad worked at Arkham and once the drug was introduced people connected it to fear. 

Vale was a nice twist that I never saw coming. 

The choices in the game game were pretty lame. Events happening with either choice you pick - I’m looking at the fight with Harvey. Or the characters completely ignoring your choice and use it against you. Plus I didn’t even know you could have Dent disfigured. But it was interesting to see that more people removed the cowl to save Alfred. I chose to attack because my mind went straight to Wayne Manor blowing up. It was interesting to see the end results of either Bruce losing part of his ear or Alfred losing an eye. 

I do like the extra stats you get at the end of the game about your overall choices. Like a moral stat. 

Also. Fucking Harvey Dent kept reminding me of Gumshoe from the Ace Attorney games. 

Edited by scarishbal
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost finishing it and i'm getting bored. I have played almost all Telltale Games, I've only missed the last Walking Dead and Guardians of the Galaxy, and seens to me that their formula is exhausted.

About the script, as someone has already said, and like happened in Game of Thrones, I think whatever choices you make, you're always doomed until mid chapter 4. And the story doens't hold together, it's full of holes and not plausible, and the twists were obvious for someone that has already played more TTG, it's like Dan Brown books, after reading two, you already know where the twists are gonna happen.

** Spoiler **

Some stuff that troubled me:

- I didn't understood why the board kicked Bruce Wayne from being CEO. It's a family business, always ruled by the family, so the family should have more than 50% of the shares from the corporation, and he should have more than 50% of the votes on the board, preventing all that happened after. In any moment is said that Bruce Wayne is just an employe in Wayne Industries and not the major shareholder.

- After the assassination of the former mayor, all the election should be suspended. Gothan was a corrupt city, but a democratic one.

- Whatever you do when you're at catgirl loft, you will always be seen by Harvey.

- For me, after a long first chapter, all others seemed shorter.

- That detective mode, trying to connect evidences was to simple and naive and all the combat mode was to forgiving, giving you a lot of time to react and even letting you fail sometimes.

- I didn't like they way they changed some characters, like Vicky Vale and Bruce parents.

In few words, TTG are getting boring and predicable. If you, like me, are Batman hardcore fans, you should instead play Arkhan City or Arkhan Asylum.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nephilin73 said:

I'm almost finishing it and i'm getting bored. I have played almost all Telltale Games, I've only missed the last Walking Dead and Guardians of the Galaxy, and seens to me that their formula is exhausted.

About the script, as someone has already said, and like happened in Game of Thrones, I think whatever choices you make, you're always doomed until mid chapter 4. And the story doens't hold together, it's full of holes and not plausible, and the twists were obvious for someone that has already played more TTG, it's like Dan Brown books, after reading two, you already know where the twists are gonna happen.

** Spoiler **

Some stuff that troubled me:

- I didn't understood why the board kicked Bruce Wayne from being CEO. It's a family business, always ruled by the family, so the family should have more than 50% of the shares from the corporation, and he should have more than 50% of the votes on the board, preventing all that happened after. In any moment is said that Bruce Wayne is just an employe in Wayne Industries and not the major shareholder.

- After the assassination of the former mayor, all the election should be suspended. Gothan was a corrupt city, but a democratic one.

- Whatever you do when you're at catgirl loft, you will always be seen by Harvey.

- That detective mode, trying to connect evidences was to simple and naive and all the combat mode was to forgiving, giving you a lot of time to react and even letting you fail sometimes.

- I didn't like they way they changed some characters, like Vicky Vale and Bruce parents.

In few words, TTG are getting boring and predicable. If you, like me, are Batman hardcore fans, you should instead play Arkhan City or Arkhan Asylum.

“ARKHAN City or ARKHAN Asylum,” clearly you know what you’re talking about. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 4:40 AM, Nephilin73 said:

I didn't understood why the board kicked Bruce Wayne from being CEO. It's a family business, always ruled by the family, so the family should have more than 50% of the shares from the corporation, and he should have more than 50% of the votes on the board, preventing all that happened after.

That's not necessarily true. If the stock went public, there's no reason to think that the Waynes still control over 50% of it (in fact, in Batman Begins, this was a problem for Bruce at the beginning of the movie, and as he said at the end, he had to make a lot of deals to regain control of his board). That being said, it was a little flimsy that Cobblepot would be put in charge, and that somehow he could completely whitewash his records...but only in the city of Gotham. Fine for a comic book, but certainly a bit unbelievable.

After the assassination of the former mayor, all the election should be suspended. Gothan was a corrupt city, but a democratic one

This was probably THE dumbest part of the series. I could have accepted if Gothamites had gotten together and said that the assistant mayor would run Gotham until a new candidate was found, or that we flash forward a bit and find that Harvey won a runoff against another candidate. But to have it occur so quickly, and to have the news broadcast say that Dent ran unopposed was pretty silly.

Whatever you do when you're at catgirl loft, you will always be seen by Harvey

Seems perfectly fine. To be honest, I would expect that a guy shacking up at the gf of another man would be noticed, one way or another.

For me, after a long first chapter, all others seemed shorter

Of course they were. There's no need for any more introduction. However, the number of choices/plot points/etc. seemed the same, which seems more important.

That detective mode, trying to connect evidences was to simple and naive and all the combat mode was to forgiving, giving you a lot of time to react and even letting you fail sometimes

Detective mode was a missed opportunity, no question. But I like the fact that you could screw up combat sometimes. That's how combat works, and there's nothing worse than a long series of QTEs which have to be repeated simply because a single one is missed.

I didn't like they way they changed some characters, like Vicky Vale and Bruce parents

Literally the single best thing they did in this game, and you didn't like it? Insanity.

How many times do we need to be presented with the exact same Batman universe, over and over and over again? It's great to see variety here. Geoff Johns wrote some standalone Batman novels (I think they were Earth One, or something), and they're boring as hell because Bruce's origins are identical to Earth 0. I remember complaining in my Amazon review that Johns should have mixed it up, possibly by having Bruce's parents be part of the criminal underworld. It was vindicating to see this put in place.

Prior to this game, my memory of Vicki Vale was sexy Kim Basinger back in Tim Burton's Batman. She's a throwaway character that originated as some fake Lois Lane, when Batman did his best to copy everything that Superman does. But this series? She is integral and interesting. Easily the best plot twist in the game.