rage quitters beware

Stargazer2600

So Capcom is looking to do something about all the rage quitters in SFV and i have to say, I kinda hope this system is implemented in more fighting games in the future. 

"Special icons will be displayed on the Fighter Profiles of players who frequently disconnect, as well as those who never do, making it easier for players with the same icon to battle against each other,"

So right off the bat your gonna be able to tell if the guy is a rage quitter or if he will take his beating like a man. I have had my fair share of online matches where im winning and then all a sudden the other guy rage quits. You feel like you wasted that time cause you don't get anything then. no exp, no W to the W/L record, nothing

Updates in April and then in August scaled up the reputational penalties for poor sportsmanship. Among them were a 24-hour lockout from multiplayer for those who rage-quit three times in a two-hour span.

So in short, take your loss like a man cause if you get the rage quit icon. people are gonna be able to see it and matches for you will now become practically non existant

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/17/13994382/street-fighter-5-rage-quit-patch

1 hour ago, Stargazer2600 said:

You feel like you wasted that time cause you don't get anything then. no exp, no W to the W/L record, nothing

This right here needs to change as well. You should at least get scaled XP. Like if you were gonna get 2000XP from winning the match, and the guy rage quit as you were about to beat him, then you should get like 1800XP. Or if someone rage quit halfway through the match, you should get 1000XP. Or to make things more simple and equal for everyone, make it a default 500XP for a win due to a disconnect, just as compensation. I do think that a win or loss should not be recorded, because there'd hafta be like an asterisk next to the win count, or a whole new win count record (like 46 wins, 8 disconnect wins, 17 losses, 3 disconnect loses)

I think it is dum putting in this icon thing as the best way to get rid of the fail to win crap is to simply just stop the whole if your losing you get some of the bar that lets you do powerful combos and shit like that some with getting hurt too, I mean it helps yes but I think it is best to not have the combo meter go up when losing or taking dmg, as I know in soul calibur people try to do lose and once they get their combo meter all the way they start to spam it like crazy to win and in most cases it works and lets you win.

3 hours ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

If you get paired up with someone and see the rage quit icon can you quit and search again without penalty? Or if you're a legit player you will only be paired with fellow legit players?

I don't play these games myself, I'm just interested in how it works,

The object of this is do you don't get paired up with a rage quitter

On 17/12/2016 at 8:58 PM, Slipknot_rooney said:

If you get paired up with someone and see the rage quit icon can you quit and search again without penalty? Or if you're a legit player you will only be paired with fellow legit players?

I don't play these games myself, I'm just interested in how it works,

When a player is searching for other players in casual and ranked matches they have two options:

- Make the match start automatically once another player has been found.

- Ask for confirmation from the player after someone has been found before the match starts.

If the player chooses to make the match automatically start they will not see what icon the other player has. The system in place will only match you with players who are in the same standing as you though (rage quitters with rage quitters for example).

If the player chooses to ask for confirmation before the match starts they will be able to see the other player's icon. They can then choose to play against that person or decline the match before it has started without penalty.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Or even better, do not make trophies like that "Gold Ranked" one :) The Super Street Fighter IV's trophies was far more entertaining.

At least, now is easier to reach Gold Rank... since the annoying players are above Platinum Rank

Edited by rafael_martines