Which PS3 Games Have Built-In Unlockable Themes?

Rukiafan7

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, ocstat said:

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection has a theme for each game accessible from the XMB.

Those weren't unlockable via the games though. You got them via a code that was in the box. If you bought it 2nd hand and it had been redeemed then you were out of luck. I don't even know if you got the themes from the digital versions of the game either.

Ah yes, they are not unlockable, as the thread inquires.

But you definitely don't need a voucher, far as PS3 physical edition is concerned.. I've switched PS3s and bought the game used, it is included on the disc, shows up on the XMB under "Bonus Content". 

Edited by ocstat

56 minutes ago, ocstat said:

Ah yes, they are not unlockable, as the thread inquires.

But you definitely don't need a voucher, far as PS3 physical edition is concerned.. I've switched PS3s and bought the game used, it is included on the disc, shows up on the XMB under "Bonus Content". 

I looked into it and apparently US/NA editions have them on the disc while EU editions don't and instead are acquired via a voucher code. I have a EU copy of the collection.

Edited by Stevieboy

15 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Really?  How? 

http://www.ps3-themes.com/ps3-theme-builder

It's a relatively widely known tool. There was an official one for the PSP too. I don't believe this one is "official" but it was built off of assets from an official one. Sony made the format for themes relatively easy to edit. Though it can be time consuming to build a whole theme from scratch. I have a few that I've made if you want some.

Ultimately though the "themes" you unlocked from games were just wallpapers anyways which you could just download and set yourself without having to do much. I believe it was a feature mostly utilized by Square Enix games though.

From the ones I own:

- Kingdom Hearts I.5 - 3 themes

- Kingdom Hearts II.5 - 3 themes

- Tomb Raider Trilogy - 1 theme

- Final Fantasy XIII - around 7 or so themes

- Final Fantasy XIII-2 - around 5 or so themes

- Assassin's Creed series - 1 for each game excluding the first one, have to be redeem through uPlay though.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, sorry for bumping this thread, but does anyone know if the themes for Driver: San Francisco and Child of Light for PS3 are still unlockable as of today? They could be obtained through Uplay, but these games were decommissioned in 2018 and i don't have my PS3 with me now... and i formatted it earlier this year.

Edited by Lance_87

On 25/03/2019 at 10:19 AM, Lance_87 said:

Hey guys, sorry for bumping this thread, but does anyone know if the themes for Driver: San Francisco and Child of Light for PS3 are still unlockable as of today? They could be obtained through Uplay, but these games were decommissioned in 2018 and i don't have my PS3 with me now... and i formatted it earlier this year.

Well, if you can login in U-play through any Ubisoft game, you can look if the individual pages rewards for Child of Light and Driver: San Francisco are still online. I just looked my U-play/Ubisoft Club account for my achievements and rewards and so far, Child of Light still appear there for me.

@Thread

From those that I own:

Every single Assassin's Creed game excluding only the first AC and Freedom Cry standalone.

Far Cry 3

Child of Light

Prince of Persia

Batman Arkham Origins

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Kingdom Hearts

Poker Night at the Inventory 2

Any games on the list that are from Ubisoft, those themes are gotten from accessing U-play in-game menu, it's all free though.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno