Fector's Challenge...

YT-Switchblade

2 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Is it rather difficult the game itself? I've not given it a go, as I may leave that till a late game thing to do.

I've not even managed to reach the first boss yet, not just without dying... I mean at all!  Maybe I'm just bad at this mini game but, I can see it being that frustraiting trophy that keeps me away from the platinum, I'm always that 1 away from Portal 2 platinum as well, grrr

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

wouldn't be nearly as bad if you get a consistent coin drop rate every game some games i have like 4 by the first vendor other time i have 50 By level 3 then always tank on the boss 

FINALLY got it

some Strats i used 

If you don't get at least 6-7 coins on the first screen just restart 

Try to save sheriff badge until your really in a pickle Messed up my final run and had to use it on the final screen before fector but got lucky as Fectors pattern didnt change much 

try to let groups of enemies get a little bit In the screen before you kill them so you dont risk getting a group spawn on top of you Or coins becoming unreachable

My final run i just upgraded both my gun and ammo Twice No boots was a little coin restrained 

Edited by Brink-2-Chaos
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

I would say keep trying and you will eventually get lucky, it took me a couple hours to get it and I failed on 3-3 maybe 3 times before i got good  Powerups. The earlier level are the hardest in my opinion because you go near entrances to get the coins you need to upgrade your stuff... when you get 2 gun 2 ammo you're good to go and just need to survive... good luck, you can do it

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

this took me 3 days to get it, the game crashed a few times when the mouse came out to help...

you must lvl up the gun and ammo to lvl1 before world 2 otherwise just die and restart.

you must update the gun to lvl2 before world 3, if you have extra coins lvl up the boot first before lvl2 ammo.

world 3 is all based on luck, if you get more drops you gonna make it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

With the upcoming multiplayer release it may be possible soon to do this with a friend! I feel pretty confidant that this will happen because they have already allowed co-op for this game. I don't want to give spoilers, but there is a date you can go on where you play this game with a friend. So the mechanics are there already. 

I have already earned the trophy, but if possible to do on multiplayer, feel free to reach out to me and I will try to help. 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Started trying to do this yesterday and it's so fucking frustrating. It's more RNG based than skill and it's so unresponsive. Coins are entirely random, monster spawn is random, item spawn is random. Sometimes monsters will come in small groups, sometimes they'll swarm in groups of 6 from 3 sides. I only managed to complete a normal run because I lucked out in 3-3 and got 3 sheriff stars spawn one after the other. That red imp spawn is insane.

I've died so many times just from apparently not aiming the correct way. Trying to fire upwards but it's still going diagonal. I've died because apparently I got too close to an enemy but other times it won't kill me for getting closer than before. It just seems random on whether it decides you died. I could get behind a trophy to just complete the game, but to complete it without dying? Really? Fuck you man.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Is there some way to cheese this? I feel like there has to be a way. Either making the game lag or drop the frame rate or glitch it or somehow. This is extremely annoying. Not only do I need the perfect RNG run on spawns, coins and power ups but I also need great RNG on it now crashing deep into the levels, my game crashed twice on the ending of 3-2. 

On 15/02/2019 at 3:48 PM, GooeyChew said:

Is there some way to cheese this? I feel like there has to be a way. Either making the game lag or drop the frame rate or glitch it or somehow. This is extremely annoying. Not only do I need the perfect RNG run on spawns, coins and power ups but I also need great RNG on it now crashing deep into the levels, my game crashed twice on the ending of 3-2. 

I saw you go the trophy so congrats.

As for all the RNG talk it's a mix, sometimes RNG will outright slap you and nothing can be done but there's times where you will blame RNG but it wasn't really RNG. Gl to those still going for this!!! 

One thing I've noticed while going for it: Lucky Lunch seems to make a significant impact. I started using Lucky Lunch and I've had amazing RNG and much more consistency.

Before I was getting past stage 1-1 with 7 coins like 1/5 the time, after I'm getting past stage 1-1 with 9 coins on average. My last good run I had ammo 2 upgrade before the first boss.

23 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

One thing I've noticed while going for it: Lucky Lunch seems to make a significant impact. I started using Lucky Lunch and I've had amazing RNG and much more consistency.

Before I was getting past stage 1-1 with 7 coins like 1/5 the time, after I'm getting past stage 1-1 with 9 coins on average. My last good run I had ammo 2 upgrade before the first boss.

It's just a coincidence. People have gone through the code and they've found no link between ingame luck and the arcade game.

Or it could just be you getting better at the game.

24 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

It's just a coincidence. People have gone through the code and they've found no link between ingame luck and the arcade game.

Or it could just be you getting better at the game.

Bug then, because there's no reason if it had no effect for me to be averaging significantly more coins on the first stage with a decently large sample size.

On 2019-02-16 at 11:18 AM, lilpain97 said:

I saw you go the trophy so congrats.

As for all the RNG talk it's a mix, sometimes RNG will outright slap you and nothing can be done but there's times where you will blame RNG but it wasn't really RNG. Gl to those still going for this!!! 

Yea. I was determined to get it. I just got so frustrated because my game crashed on world 3-2 twice. I also made it to Fectors 3x prior but didn’t have any power up and he killed me with about 50-30% every time. I messaged a handful of recent achievers to see if they had any of their own tips that maybe the prominent guides werent too specific on. A lot told me not to give up and I said to myself, man if I can get to Fectors atleast once that means I can do it again. So I got to him a 4th time but died. Got to him a 5th and finally had a machine gun power up and the rest is history. 

Edited by GooeyChew
  • Like 4