Trails of Cold Steel 3 is PS4 only

10 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Yeah i doubt about that we just have to see the Japanese release that is out since September. The game was supposed to come out this year so with Ps4 already out not like 3 Years ago in 2013 with Ps4 still to go out. So the Ps3 Version is the adapted version using the Grapichs and everything that Catherine used on Ps3, the models there if you see are similar.

Still there is for who can't afford a Ps4 still can enjoy the game i don't understand why don't make this 3Rd one even there (If not even on Vita), that's just unfair for a fan of the saga that was waiting this and doesn't have a Ps4.... 

I don't have a Vita, but I know how you guys feel about this, been there myself.

I hope a miracle happen and they'll make a Vita and a ps3 version too, this is not the only game that shifted the attention to PS4 fully, there's also SENRAN KAGURA water splash.

To try and make amends with Vita users:

The PS Vita version of The Legend of Heroes: Akatsuki no Kiseki, Falcom’s online story RPG, will begin service on December 26 in Japan, the company announced.

Pre-registration is currently available at the PlayStation Store. Users who pre-register will receive “Noel Seeker ★4” when they start the game.

The Legend of Heroes: Akatsuki no Kisekiv is currently available for PC. Read more about the game here.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/12/legend-heroes-akatsuki-no-kiseki-ps-vita-launches-december-26-japan#tS1WOSMsKqBl6EAS.99

From what I read, this one happens on Crossbell State. But what are the chances that it will be localized?

10 hours ago, fisty123 said:

They said from day one it will depend on sales of the first games of the Trails of Cold Steel saga. If these did not reach their numbers they will not bring it over.
The second possible problem is that they are a small company and some of their translated work takes time so it could be a while away yet. I personally hope its not but I won't be surprised.

They sold like hotcakes and we still don't have Zero and Ao xD

2 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I hope a miracle happen and they'll make a Vita and a ps3 version too, this is not the only game that shifted the attention to PS4 fully, there's also SENRAN KAGURA water splash.

I think PS3 is out of question at this point.

52 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

To try and make amends with Vita users:

From what I read, this one happens on Crossbell State. But what are the chances that it will be localized?

Akatsuki has been confirmed for some time.

It's online, no chance of localization.

3 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I don't have a Vita, but I know how you guys feel about this, been there myself.

Senran Kagura is Another Saga (Or Gravity Rush 2...) That should thank Vita for his fame now and if it sold so much between west and Japan and what's the prize for this? PS4 version only of course... It's pretty clear some companies as the here quoted Falcom care mostly for the West Market being bigger between USA and Europe and so they focus stupiditly only on Ps4 not really caring about their fans, i don't even hope in a Ps3 or Vita version i know they won't do that.

I'm sorry to say this because this Saga don't deserve this but i hope it sells shit in Japan so they realize the mistake since there Vita & 3 are still more around then 4.

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It will, unfortunately. But that no longer matters.

Check FFXV (sure a bit overkill comparison) for example. It didn't even sell 1M in Japan but it's okay as it sells in the west.

But that won't happen with Sen 3 unfortunately.

Yeah i know it's a useless hope, nowadays 99% of the compnies more than the costumers care to make money and so they'll just release where they'll make more money which unfortunately is PS4 in the west since Uh there is CoD there!!!! (And if i seem Generalist my brother wanted it for Black ops 3 and he ahs 15 years and his friends same).

Well i think after this news i'll just pass with the series or i'll take it on sale for low low price on vita because i want to play it but on Ps4 i already have planned other Rpgs to buy, i would have like it all on Vita...

I would understand if it is a whole new series only on Ps4 Fine, but the fact that is a 3Rd part of a saga, pribably the alst one, and i have to change console for it, it quite piss me off :(

If making this PS4-only means it's a better game and/or we'll see better publisher support for the title, that's fine by me.  At some point, the old consoles have to be let go and things migrate to the newer ones that can do better stuff.

Not saying that's going to happen, but I'm not as upset about it as a lot of other people seem to be.

I understand why people are upset about this being on PS4 only. I get that they wanted to move on from PS3 now, but I think there should have been a Vita version at least. It kinda sucks for those who were playing on that platform. I'm playing these games on PS3 and I already own a PS4, so I'm not really affected by this, but as a Vita owner, I've faced this series migration many times before. Gravity Rush anyone?

That being said, I am excited about the possibilities now this is a PS4 exclusive game. I hope this means they can do things that weren't possible if they had put the game on all three platforms. The game is looking mighty fine so far. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Also, you've got to love how quickly Japanese games get pumped out in comparison to western games. Cold Steel II came out over here very recently and we already have the new game in the series to look forward to. If this was a "AAA" western game, it would take years just for the announcement, let alone the release date. Of course it would be delayed a few times as well. JRPGs are the best! :D

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I understand why people are upset about this being on PS4 only. I get that they wanted to move on from PS3 now, but I think there should have been a Vita version at least. It kinda sucks for those who were playing on that platform. I'm playing these games on PS3 and I already own a PS4, so I'm not really affected by this, but as a Vita owner, I've faced this series migration many times before. Gravity Rush anyone?

That being said, I am excited about the possibilities now this is a PS4 exclusive game. I hope this means they can do things that weren't possible if they had put the game on all three platforms. The game is looking mighty fine so far. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Also, you've got to love how quickly Japanese games get pumped out in comparison to western games. Cold Steel II came out over here very recently and we already have the new game in the series to look forward to. If this was a "AAA" western game, it would take years just for the announcement, let alone the release date. Of course it would be delayed a few times as well. JRPGs are the best! :D

Yeah sure *Cough* FFXV *Cough*

What? I didn't say anything? :P

I'm not surprised. When I saw the thread title, I remembered this article from a few months ago: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/26/falcom-president-wondering-trails-cold-steel-iii-ps4-exclusive-ps4-ps-vita/

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I think that's the main reason why it's PS4 exclusive. I can't find any sources to confirm it, but some say that content was cut from CSII due to limitations with the Vita. I think it may be the reason why you mostly visit the same places in CSII, and don't go anywhere in west Erebonia. I doubt Falcom wanted another 2 disc (2 cartridges in this case) game. As far as I know, Trails in the Sky SC is the only PSP game that's on two UMDs.

2 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I think that's the main reason why it's PS4 exclusive. I can't find any sources to confirm it, but some say that content was cut from CSII due to limitations with the Vita. I think it may be the reason why you mostly visit the same places in CSII, and don't go anywhere in west Erebonia. I doubt Falcom wanted another 2 disc (2 cartridges in this case) game. As far as I know, Trails in the Sky SC is the only PSP game that's on two UMDs.

Interesting, I didn't know that about Trails in the Sky SC. I would need somebody to confirm this as I don't own the Vita version myself, but I believe Cold Steel II on Vita is about 3GB. From what I understand, the maximum cartridge size on Vita is 4GB. If that's the case, I can't imagine the PS3 version was held back by Vita. I could definitely see Cold Steel III being held back by a potential Vita version, though.

53 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

With how westernized FFXV is, it pretty much falls into the category of "AAA" western game. My statement still works. :P

Yeah Still Square is supposed to be Japanese and This game supposed to be an Rpg :awesome:

This game is better be fucking Huge with a Gigantic Open World for be Ps4 only.

Pfui if it's 3GB the Digital version than Digimon on Vita for me that weight 3,5 is even more :P 

10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Interesting, I didn't know that about Trails in the Sky SC. I would need somebody to confirm this as I don't own the Vita version myself, but I believe Cold Steel II on Vita is about 3GB. From what I understand, the maximum cartridge size on Vita is 4GB. If that's the case, I can't imagine the PS3 version was held back by Vita. I could definitely see Cold Steel III being held back by a potential Vita version, though.

According to the Playstation store, it's exactly 3.0GB. The way SC is split up on PSP makes me think that's it definitely possible a few towns could have exceeded 1GB, though. That also includes all the roads to those areas, and any dungeons that might be in them. All I can do is speculate, so I could certainly be wrong.

Japan has a population of around 120m

Europe has a population of over 740m.

America has a population of over 318m.

Those combined Western amounts equate to well over a billion people.

I don't think SE are bothered where it sells or on what platform it sells, it is all about how many copies it sells, that's all that companies care about, if that happens to be in the West and on PS4 then so be it.