Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

I've updated the OP with the FAQ and the information about skippable months.

19 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Ah screw it. Go ahead and sign me up. It's not like I'll get hunted down by wild dogs if I fail the challenge. 

I had a question about Consoles for month 2 however. What exactly does that mean? Because none of the things I can think of make a lot of sense to me. 

I have 106 plats and that won't change before the year end. I'll update the rest later. 

You've been added to the OP. The worst case scenario would be having a list full of bronze ranks. :D

Well, I guess since it's gonna be revealed in a little over a week anyways, I can list the themes available for next months poll already.

Consoles would refer to software that was released on a certain console. The following themes will be options to vote for February:

PS4, PS3 , PSVita , All other consoles. 

Of course, since not everybody has every console, any game playable on that console will be allowed, no matter what platform you play it on. This means crossbuy titles or other multi-platform titles will still be allowed as long as one version was released on the console that was voted for.

57 minutes ago, DetectiveCJ said:

I guess you can sign me up in January 2017 for 3D - I'll be trying to platinum one of the games of Kingdom Hearts 2.8 for the theme, probably Dream Drop Distance HD.

How are you going to platinum Dream Drop Distance in a week xD? I'm assuming it would take at least 50-60 hours considering the time to plat for the other KH games.

@DetectiveCJ You've been added to the participants section. 

Sorry that I took so long to respond, the last few days were pretty busy and I'm assuming that's gonna stay that way for some time.

On 12/24/2016 at 11:37 PM, Kent10201 said:

How are you going to platinum Dream Drop Distance in a week xD? I'm assuming it would take at least 50-60 hours considering the time to plat for the other KH games.

Well, he's got a month to plat it, that sounds reasonable. :)

12 hours ago, xFalionx said:

That's cutting it pretty close then. :P I didn't know that 2.8 wasn't out yet. :D

Still, that doesn't mean that that is his only game for the month. Or maybe he's just got a whole bunch of free time. :dunno:

Yeah, I probably might have plenty of free time. :)

But all in all, you have a point. If the theme changes when I am playing KH2.8, it would be pointless. Don't worry, I'll get another game for the theme by New Year's, I have plenty. ;)

• Like 1

There's only a few more days to vote for January's theme. Make sure to vote if you didn't already.

I'll be announcing the winner of the poll as well as officially starting the event as soon as I can on the first of January.

Also, remember that you can still join the event throughout the year. :)

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

On 30 december 2016 at 1:51 AM, xFalionx said:

There's only a few more days to vote for January's theme. Make sure to vote if you didn't already.

I'll be announcing the winner of the poll as well as officially starting the event as soon as I can on the first of January.

Awesome, thanks @xFalionx 

Voted the poll.

I also checked my stats again and updated them:

On 21 december 2016 at 4:31 PM, Pixel-CAT- said:

STATS: (Will update this before every month)

• Platinum (12)
  • 100% (9)
  • Completion (83,71%)

• Like 1

Falion's Year-long Themed Backlog Event has now officially started!

Current Theme for January: 3D Games

Feel free to complete any game that fits the theme from now on until 24 hours after the February version of this post has been posted.

Please remember to update/post your stats before you actually start playing games.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

Okay, so since I doubt I'm earning any more trophies before the 1st here's my beginning stats:

Number of platinums: 24

Number of 100%s: 27

Current completion: 71.95%

Good thing I waited because I got to that sweet spot in Trails of Cold Steel II where I was able to earn like 20 trophies in the past just over 24 hours.

• Like 1

I just got done updating the OP with the new poll as well as descriptions, bronze trophies, and so on. Don't forget to vote for next month's theme. ^_^

By the way, since there was only 1 vote for 2.5D games, I'm gonna include them in this months "3D Games" theme since they at least look three dimensional, so feel free to play some of these, too.

I've updated the following peoples stats:

@Pixel-CAT-@ladynadiad, @SyIaris, @Hemiak, @Fitzquaid, @Edunstar84 

The following people still need to post their stats:

@Kent10201, @Enma8910, @DetectiveCJ

@Lucas, your stats may be outdated by now since they've been posted before the start of the event.

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

2 plats incoming tomorrow, it's midnight now and I'm putting the kids to bed before turning in myself. Happy new year everybody. 

If those platinums were at 1 missing trophy before the start of the event, these will not award grades even if they fit the current theme. 

However, if that is not the case, you may be the first one to earn a platinum grade. :) Remember to post about it here if it qualifies for a grade.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

@Lucas, your stats may be outdated by now since they've been posted before the start of the event.

Thanks for reminding me. No major changes though :P. Only thing that changed a bit is my completion percentage that went from 49,43% to 49,48% ;).

• Like 2

I've updated @Kent10201 and @Lucas, so the only ones who still need to post their stats are @Enma8910 and @DetectiveCJ.

Also, don't be afraid to write about the games you might be playing for the month. Since that might stir up some discussions it's always encouraged to do so.

As for my own plans:

This month and/or next month I'll try to finish Pumped BMX +, which I've already played quite a bit and I'll also try to get the plat of Persona 4 Golden. 

That is to say that I'll get them to a point at which there's only one trophy missing before the plat/100%, so I can use those games for the Vita's 5th anniversary event.

53 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I've updated @Kent10201 and @Lucas, so the only ones who still need to post their stats are @Enma8910 and @DetectiveCJ.

Also, don't be afraid to write about the games you might be playing for the month. Since that might stir up some discussions it's always encouraged to do so.

As for my own plans:

This month and/or next month I'll try to finish Pumped BMX +, which I've already played quite a bit and I'll also try to get the plat of Persona 4 Golden. 

That is to say that I'll get them to a point at which there's only one trophy missing before the plat/100%, so I can use those games for the Vita's 5th anniversary event.

Sorry, here are my stats:

Platinum trophies: 114

100% Completed: 45

Completion %: 91.12%

Unearned Trophies: 514

Games Played: 193

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

As for my own plans:

I'm going through Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker somewhat randomly with someone. Hoping it'll be done by the end of the month, but we'll see.

Thinking I may try to get back to and plat Okami... also started up the Ratchet & Clank reboot, which will likely be the first thing done.

Good luck with Persona, I've heard it's a little nitpicky. Also heard it's a great game, though.  :)

• Like 3

I guess I'll try to make an update every week, starting today. The 2 games I plan to plat this month are Final Fantasy 13 and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.

FF13: I'm just at the end of Ch.5 and still getting used to the battle system. There's so many roles and people to use them. I don't think I even scratched the surface with this game. From what I've read, some of the harder trophies happen during post-game. So I'll try to get the story done in about a week.

Trails of Cold Steel: This game is AMAZING! I'm still at the beginning, and there's still a lot that needs to be uncovered as far as plot goes. It requires 2 playthroughs though. There's a chance I might not complete it in time. 

• Like 2