Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

If I recall correctly @RizzleAbbey12, @JoaoQuique, and @Fitzquaid were all willing to offer help with the event. Maybe if you still wanted to help after hearing that I'll most likely be gone for a long time, you might be able to take the event over as a team. That way it would be less work for each of you, and you might be able to split the responsibilities up so everyone gets to do what suits them best.

That's right, I'd be able to help with it by doing some of the feedback and general helping as I'm no good with editing pictures and things like that haha!^_^ So someone else would have to do that. 

One question though, can you have a thread that can be edited by more than one person at a time? Because I wouldn't be able to take over the whole event due to time constraints so I'd be up for working in a team. Let me know if this would be okay and you'd still like me to help out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Or The Dutch. :D

Hey!

9 hours ago, xFalionx said:

If I recall correctly @RizzleAbbey12, @JoaoQuique, and @Fitzquaid were all willing to offer help with the event. Maybe if you still wanted to help after hearing that I'll most likely be gone for a long time, you might be able to take the event over as a team. That way it would be less work for each of you, and you might be able to split the responsibilities up so everyone gets to do what suits them best.

8 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

One question though, can you have a thread that can be edited by more than one person at a time? Because I wouldn't be able to take over the whole event due to time constraints so I'd be up for working in a team. Let me know if this would be okay and you'd still like me to help out.

I said this before but if there's a way for an OP to be edited by multiple users without any of them being staff, I haven't heard about it yet, so one person will have to take the big part of the responsibility, being creating a new OP and updating everyone on at least a monthly basis.

My own update: managed to do a whole lot in Witcher III, getting enough time in the game again that I feel pretty sure about being able to finish the main story by the end of this week.

• Like 1

Could probably keep the current thread and move the theme and user stuff (anything that changes) to google docs/spreadsheet or something and have it work okay, but that'd be up for debate. Far from perfect, just comes to mind since you can have multiple people with editing privileges.  :dunno:

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I said this before but if there's a way for an OP to be edited by multiple users without any of them being staff, I haven't heard about it yet, so one person will have to take the big part of the responsibility, being creating a new OP and updating everyone on at least a monthly basis.

I dont have time to explain it right now, but theres a few ways to make that happen.

Edited by xFalionx

10 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Could probably keep the current thread and move the theme and user stuff (anything that changes) to google docs/spreadsheet or something and have it work okay, but that'd be up for debate. Far from perfect, just comes to mind since you can have multiple people with editing privileges.  :dunno:

Personally I'd prefer a new OP that can still be updated.

5 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I dont have time to explain it right now, but theres a few ways to make that happen.

I'd love to hear it at some point as it could fix some other events that are being abandoned partway through.

@xFalionx, if you're still updating the OP, I'd like to make some changes, don't want to use double icons  so I'm making some changes in the challenge icons:

Going to use This War Of Mine as the icon for 'complete a game that counts for a different event'. 1S880e7c.png

Going to use The Playroom as 'complete a game because of this event' as "not playing it soon otherwise" is true for that whole game, while for Hue it's only true for the final trophy. 12Sf53a37.png

Changing up the '4 in one month' icon so The Playroom does not get used twice (adding Ultratron to it). b8snE54.png

My current completion percentage is 51,07% so it's +0,39% from the start of the event. Probably +0,4% since I did not synchronise the last trophy I earned yesterday but whatever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Sounds like a good idea :) Ignore what is said below, that's just me being daft and not remembering how Google Docs work.

If it comes down to someone having to take over the whole thread on their own, then I wouldn't be able to do it for sure. I have just enough time now to do some feedback and provide some help but hopefully come September, i'll be starting a college course so I definitely wouldn't be able to do the whole event.

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Sounds like a good idea :) but I think everyone would prefer a thread that they can see their progress in. Plus wouldn't it be a little tricky to have multiple people editing one document? I say this because it wouldn't it mean having to send it back and forth between one another which could result in a potential for loss of data or miscommunication. Also how would the participants in the event be able to see their progress and give/get feedback if we can't put it in the thread?

Never used Google Docs or any similar service? The documents are stored on Google's server (or any other servers if you use another service) and you can set up permissions on what people are allowed to edit, combined with an edit history and the possibility that multiple people work on the doc at the same time and see the changes (more or less) in real time. Events that use such spreadsheets are e.g. the Trophy Hunter League (several docs are listed at the bottom of the OP) or the Project Platinum-leaderboard which can be seen here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ZbAHHlgIAYJMZB8jbr5YznDRnA-YJXCH2_n1cwS46Y/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Never used Google Docs or any similar service? The documents are stored on Google's server (or any other servers if you use another service) and you can set up permissions on what people are allowed to edit, combined with an edit history and the possibility that multiple people work on the doc at the same time and see the changes (more or less) in real time. Events that use such spreadsheets are e.g. the Trophy Hunter League (several docs are listed at the bottom of the OP) or the Project Platinum-leaderboard which can be seen here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ZbAHHlgIAYJMZB8jbr5YznDRnA-YJXCH2_n1cwS46Y/

It's been a while since I've last used them so I'm a little rusty haha:D Thank you for telling me that, so it sounds like a good way to do the event and it looks like it could work quite well so just ignore what I said in my post then. :) The PP sheet looks pretty impressive so hats off to them!:D

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Here is my suggestion for June:

Since it is my birth month, I am putting forward making the theme about rebirth/resurrection, since there are far more games about that than birth itself.

This is a lovely idea and I really like this one^_^ We share the same the month for our birthdays as my birthdays in June too:D

• Like 2

Regarding thread, having a google doc or similar for it sounds like a good idea but I'd still prefer having a new thread where the original post can actually be updated rather than having to look up the doc for everything

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Here is my suggestion for June:

Since it is my birth month, I am putting forward making the theme about rebirth/resurrection, since there are far more games about that than birth itself.

6 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

This is a lovely idea and I really like this one^_^ We share the same the month for our birthdays as my birthdays in June too:D

June for me as well! Guess with the undead theme, I took the pessimistic end of the resurrection spectrum.

4 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Regarding thread, having a google doc or similar for it sounds like a good idea but I'd still prefer having a new thread where the original post can actually be updated rather than having to look up the doc for everything

Hear hear! Here here? Whichever one it is!

• Like 2

My vote for next month theme goes to "Games that are part of a series" , so i'll get myself over some Neptunia titles and some others as well. ?
Still thinking about what games to play for this month theme, tho..

• Like 1

On 2017-5-3 at 7:57 AM, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx, if you're still updating the OP, I'd like to make some changes, don't want to use double icons  so I'm making some changes in the challenge icons:

Going to use This War Of Mine as the icon for 'complete a game that counts for a different event'. 1S880e7c.png

Going to use The Playroom as 'complete a game because of this event' as "not playing it soon otherwise" is true for that whole game, while for Hue it's only true for the final trophy. 12Sf53a37.png

Changing up the '4 in one month' icon so The Playroom does not get used twice (adding Ultratron to it). b8snE54.png

My current completion percentage is 51,07% so it's +0,39% from the start of the event. Probably +0,4% since I did not synchronise the last trophy I earned yesterday but whatever.

@xFalionx adding to the changes above, here's my first May update:

L4a541a.png

Yay, I've played through The Witcher III, finally! I was already playing this when I entered the event, and it could have counted for any of the themes since then. Write me down for a :silver: in May, please...

Trophy for completing the story, to be used as the May image until/unless I get a 100%/platinum:

9S7adf12.png

Eventually I will do the DLC but I likely won't 100% them so I won't use the game for this event any more. I'll probably get to playing the DLC once I have beaten Horizon Zero Dawn. Which brings me to my second point...

Lfad333.png

Yay, I have Horizon Zero Dawn now! Managed to trade for Uncharted 4. I always enjoy big games more when I didn't have to pay a lot :)

For now, I am enjoying the game. It's not the game changer I thought it would become a year or two ago, and I'm glad I prioritised on Zelda and did not get the HZD collector's edition for €130, but for all the flaws I've already found I am still really enjoying it a lot. The environmental graphics and the music especially have to be given props.

As it is now, I might just go for the platinum. If so, Horizon Zero Dawn counts for the hardcore requirement of May as there's lots of caves, but with a bizarre twist for the theme - the caves are actually remains of buildings from around our era (2060s, as far as I have noticed) which have been overrun with plants, earth, water and stalactites/stalagmites, while the overworld is basically all nature with some new wooden buildings and a couple of skyscraper remains.

• Like 1

Earned my platinum rank for the month by completing Terraria. I started it for KYC3 so that's another event. You spend about 2/3rds of the game tunneling and mining underground so I'd say it's a lock for the hardcore challenge. 

Working on Kingdoms of Amalur now and I've already visited a couple caves. We'll see how many more there are before definitively declaring it'll meet the hardcore challenge. 

Plats: 116 (+1)

100%: 38 (no change) 

Comp: 73.06%

On 5-5-2017 at 7:55 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Lfad333.png

Yay, I have Horizon Zero Dawn now! Managed to trade for Uncharted 4. I always enjoy big games more when I didn't have to pay a lot :)

For now, I am enjoying the game. It's not the game changer I thought it would become a year or two ago, and I'm glad I prioritised on Zelda and did not get the HZD collector's edition for €130, but for all the flaws I've already found I am still really enjoying it a lot. The environmental graphics and the music especially have to be given props.

As it is now, I might just go for the platinum. If so, Horizon Zero Dawn counts for the hardcore requirement of May as there's lots of caves, but with a bizarre twist for the theme - the caves are actually remains of buildings from around our era (2060s, as far as I have noticed) which have been overrun with plants, earth, water and stalactites/stalagmites, while the overworld is basically all nature with some new wooden buildings and a couple of skyscraper remains.

Yeah, I got the platinum, and I became much more invested in the story as I played more of the game and got fed more intrigue about the how and the why of this universe.

Definitely counts for the hardcore requirement.

@xFalionx, here's my icon for May (platinum rank) and for the hardcore challenge as well:

1S848de1.png

I'll be quite busy for the rest of the month so I don't expect to do much more for this event. I'll mostly be playing the The Witcher III DLC and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Well, things have happened and I'm really running out of free time, so @RizzleAbbey12 and @SyIaris are now the official keepers of this thread. To make this move happen, we have to switch threads once, so here's where you can find the new thread. Just continue posting there as usual and pretend this thread never existed so you don't end up bumping it up all the time. I'd close it if I could but we don't have that ability anymore, so it will have to stay open. Anyone who I wasn't able to update yet will be updated in the new thread.

If there's anymore questions directed towards me, I'll check back from time to time to answer these within the next few weeks. Just post them in the new thread and don't forget to mention me so I'm sure to see your post. I provided your new thread owners with a few instructions to help smooth out the transition a little, so I hope you're all gonna be alright. Anyways, continue having fun people. :) 

And to make it more visible:

There's a new thread over here, go check it out.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I'd close it if I could but we don't have that ability anymore, so it will have to stay open. Anyone who I wasn't able to update yet will be updated in the new thread.

One final bump.

It's actually possible again to close the threads. The option is hidden in the Moderation Actions-dropdown at the top of the page:

Spoiler

YZdgiRP.png

That feature came back with one update of the board software in March or April.

And a really good idea with the shared account! :) 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

One final bump.

It's actually possible again to close the threads. The option is hidden in the Moderation Actions-dropdown at the top of the page:

Hide contents

YZdgiRP.png

That feature came back with one update of the board software in March or April.

And a really good idea with the shared account! :) 

Well, Wikipedia bot strikes again. Thanks for the info though, that's mighty useful to know. 

Alright then, I'll say one last goodbye to this thread as I'll close it now.